News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cold air intake on carb

Started by chargd72, November 14, 2011, 12:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

I recently acquired a Mopar cold air intake that I was going to sell.  Just wondering what benefits, if any at all, would there be if I put on my Charger.  Anyone know if it helps at all with HP or throttle response? 

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Chryco Psycho

cold air always makes more power , all the newer vehicles bring air in from in front of the rad , it will increase power but I doubt you will notice the difference

acelondon

I my experience, you will notice it the most at low speeds, when your engine is hot. Made a big difference on my saturn and lexus. The lexus also got a massive power boost by actually being able to breath. factory intake on that thing is a drinking straw.

chargd72

Thanks guys. Even if the benefits are small, I'll take it. All the little power additions will hopefully add up to something fun. Just making sure it won't hurt anything.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

acelondon

A quality air filter will protect your engine no matter where you get the air. Now, let's go burn some rubber :D