News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sometimes I Wish I Liked Mustangs!

Started by bobs66440, November 09, 2011, 09:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68r/t

Quote from: Cooter on November 11, 2011, 07:53:33 AM
Quote from: 68r/t on November 11, 2011, 07:42:05 AM

Where the heck do you think AMD panels are made?
My opinion stands  "your a whoop ass ranter"

Tell you what 68r/t,  :FY: and have a nice day!
Cheers, I already have :cheers:

TK73

Took a quick look online... where are  the AMD parts made?

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TK73

Ah, so parts made in the Republic of China are better than the parts made in the Peoples Republic of China?    :D

Dino

Quote from: TK73 on November 11, 2011, 11:30:51 AM
Ah, so parts made in the Republic of China are better than the parts made in the Peoples Republic of China?    :D

Well that goes without saying  :D

I could be wrong, and will be corrected no doubt, but I believe that the parts are stamped on US made or designed dies, making them the better part supplier. 

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Aside from the troll above, The point I was trying to make was the fact that while there ARE more Mustang lovers out there, there are just as many overseas companies selling cheaper parts. So cheap that the American companies don't even try..Wanna guess how much it was to get ONE Exhaust manifold into casting?? In The USA???After everybody gets there "Fair" living off the top?? Try $10K...Then, the first thing the very ones that wanted this manifold (BEGGED for it actually), did was cry and whine about the price...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

BananaDan

The egg roll and dumplings I ate last night were made by Americans.  And they tasted good too.   :cheers:

On topic, I'd dig a Mustang one day.  Of course the ones I want cost too much these days...

Bullit Fastback
GT350 Shelby
Boss 302
Mach 1
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Chatt69chgr

I was down a Books-a-Million today browsing the magazines and saw an article saying that Ford was going to go away from the classic look for the Mustang to something newer in 2014.  The picture they showed was pretty ugly---kind of like some mustang features grafted onto a 4 cyl jelly mold grocery getter.  If this happens, I would say that the $$ of Mustangs made previous to this will go up.

greenpigs

The Mustang has a huge following and I don't see them changing the current body style anytime soon aside from tweaks.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Lennard

Quote from: Cooter on November 11, 2011, 06:58:58 AM
BLA BLA BLA...  Last time I checked AMD was a US company...Just tellin' the truth. You don't like it, then that's your problem, not mine...I call it like I see it...It sure is funny how a thread can be totally neg. if EVERYBODY agrees, yet let one come in positive, OR Vise Versa, and they are singled out because they don't agree with the rest. If you offered your own opinion instead of hopping the bandwagon, you might "Rant" as well, so be careful about having an original opinion....

The Mustang parts I was talking about in my reply are made by Dynacorn. Last time I checked Dynacorn was a US company!

BananaDan

I heard they were going to change the body style again too for the 50th anniversary.  I hope they do a good job, they finally look good again after years of not.  I didn't like the body style from the 90s.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

F8-4life

I always thought mopar stuff was more $$$ because less chrysler products were made, so less buyers for reproduction parts. So they raise the price per part to pull the same profit margins.

TK73

Quote from: Dino on November 11, 2011, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: TK73 on November 11, 2011, 11:30:51 AM

Well that goes without saying  :D

I could be wrong, and will be corrected no doubt, but I believe that the parts are stamped on US made or designed dies, making them the better part supplier. 

Good deal!!

TK73

Quote from: Cooter on November 11, 2011, 12:10:47 PM
Aside from the troll above, The point I was trying to make was the fact that while there ARE more Mustang lovers out there, there are just as many overseas companies selling cheaper parts. So cheap that the American companies don't even try..Wanna guess how much it was to get ONE Exhaust manifold into casting?? In The USA???After everybody gets there "Fair" living off the top?? Try $10K...Then, the first thing the very ones that wanted this manifold (BEGGED for it actually), did was cry and whine about the price...

After the initial parts if demand is good the price, of course, comes down.

TK73

Quote from: BananaDan on November 12, 2011, 08:56:47 AM
I heard they were going to change the body style again too for the 50th anniversary.  I hope they do a good job, they finally look good again after years of not.  I didn't like the body style from the 90s.

Could be ... '14 will be 5 years of the current body (Which I like!!)

Kinda wish I had the newer body style, it's sleeker than the '05 style.  Still gotta pay off my '08 though...

bill440rt

Quote from: F8-4life on November 12, 2011, 01:29:04 PM
I always thought mopar stuff was more $$$ because less chrysler products were made, so less buyers for reproduction parts. So they raise the price per part to pull the same profit margins.

Simple economics. Supply vs demand.  :yesnod:

Several of the repro companies may be US based, but their products are still made overseas.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce