News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Like guns ? anybody have one of these ?????????

Started by skip68, November 09, 2011, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Budnicks

Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 11, 2011, 04:18:29 PM
I would love to give one of those Smith 500's a go, I'm sure you can't help but giggle when you pull the trigger. ;D
The largest hand cannons I own are these two...a Dan Wesson 445 SuperMag (a .44 with more powder), and a United Sporting Arms Seville 454 Magnum (.454 Casull). Both these guns will give your hands a real beating after 50 rounds or so, but they sure make you giggle in the meantime. :icon_smile_big:
(pardon the "glamour" shots, I was trying for some calendar entries a while back)

Here's one of the Seville, with a HEMI tie-in for a prop... :D

Charger Fan Those are some perty guns there & some nice well done photos too boot...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

greenpigs

Got one & a Colt King Cobra plus some $ in a trade for the Corvette I had.  :D

Have not shot it yet & about $2.50 a bullet is the cheapest I have found for ammo also, it is just total overkill for most people and that includes myself.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger_Fan

Thanks, you guys. :)

Greenpigs, the only real way to shoot big bore stuff without going broke, is to reload. Getting all the reloading equipment is expensive initially, but if you do a lot of shooting, it pays for itself pretty quickly. With the initial cost aside, I'd bet you could reload that .50 caliber for around $1 a shot.
Not that $1 per shot is still anything cheap of course, but it's a little less painful on the wallet. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ACUDANUT

I have had a couple 50 cal BMG sniper rifles in my time...It's about 3.00 a round to shoot it these days..It can kill you at 2 miles away (stray round) and up to a mile with a good scope and shooter...I could not risk a stray round, liability and the cost to shoot. :Twocents:

TK73

I saw on some discovery show a guy saying .50 cal is the largest cal you can legally own in the US.  Military being the exception.

Any input?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ACUDANUT

Yes that is true.  However, with paying for the right licenses and registering with the ATF, you can have a Artillary Cannon and a 20mm.

vancamp

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 12, 2011, 06:24:28 PM
Yes that is true.  However, with paying for the right licenses and registering with the ATF, you can have a Artillary Cannon and a 20mm.
yep anything above a .50 is considered a destuctive device and requires a $200 tax to the the atf and a very long background check. same with silencers/suppressors, short barreled rifles and a full auto weapom made prior to 1986.

moparguy01

Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 12, 2011, 09:27:39 AM

Greenpigs, the only real way to shoot big bore stuff without going broke, is to reload. Getting all the reloading equipment is expensive initially, but if you do a lot of shooting, it pays for itself pretty quickly. With the initial cost aside, I'd bet you could reload that .50 caliber for around $1 a shot.
Not that $1 per shot is still anything cheap of course, but it's a little less painful on the wallet. :lol:

Not true. You can work at an ammo plant like me. :icon_smile_big:

skip68

Sweet!  Moparguy01 is taking ammo orders.    :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparstuart

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 12, 2011, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 12, 2011, 09:27:39 AM

Not true. You can work at an ammo plant like me. :icon_smile_big:
i didnt know that ?    I have several mopar buddy who work at lake city here  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparguy01

ya stu, I've worked in Anoka here for the past year and a half. I heard Winchester packed up shop and moved out to missouri or mississippi somewhere too. So that area should be abundant with ammunition.

I'll tell you I've gone shooting alot more since I've worked at the plant....

greenpigs

If a box of 20 rounds is say $63, what would be your cost 01? You PM me if you do not want others to know .

I don't have much intrest in reloading as I have no time to go to the range enough to make it worth while. However a zombie apocalypse could make it a worthy investment.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free