News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

High Scool Charger Rebuild

Started by Hudson Hornet !, November 10, 2011, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfie

as was said above, i wish we had a class like this back when i was in school. good on ya  :2thumbs:
New to the muscle car/mopar addiction so bare with the "dumb" things I'm likely to ask all of you. Just trying to learn and gotta start somewhere! Cheers!

skip68

Sweet!    :2thumbs:  this will be a great thread to watch.   Keep it going.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TruckDriver

My 16yo would die if they were doing this in his school. He loves Charger's.  :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Hudson Hornet !

Ok guys, thanks for all the kind replies. I will post up some more pictures this evening.  Go MOPAR!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Hudson Hornet !

Some more pictures

Hudson Hornet !

more

Hudson Hornet !

pics

Hudson Hornet !

pics

Hudson Hornet !

;)

Hudson Hornet !

more

Hudson Hornet !

couple more

Hudson Hornet !

more

Hudson Hornet !

Sorry they are a bit out of order, I can't get the hang of posting pics!

Charger_Dart

What a great project, I bet the kids can't wait for class to start!
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

b5blue

I salute your efforts to enrich these kids experience Hornet! My son got into FIRST Robotics and his team won Florida's championship. They went on to St. Lewis for world competition and have memory's and experience that will last their life. I am one who sees great things ahead for our younger generations.  :yesnod:  

Charger_Fan

Man, I wish my shop teacher would have let us play with something that cool, when I was in high school. Alas, he was into Volkswagen's :rotz: 
Looks like those students are doing an awesome job, very impressive! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TUFCAT

Awesome thread....I'll be watching often!  Great work :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Now THAT is awesome!!!  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

The kids must LOVE working on your car. That is a great teaching motivator for sure.
I remember when I was in vo-tech, I had a '71 Road Runner at the time. The teacher used to give me a hard time for wanting to fix everything up. Meanwhile, he was restoring a '70 Nova in the shop for himself.  ::)

Good for you, you must be a fantastic shop teacher! I'll be watching this thread for sure.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

jaak

Thats Awesome!!!! I remember Vocational School, we did a lot of old cars. One year we totally redone a 72 Chevy P/U, another year we did a 62 Bel Air, it was a rough car when we began. I also remembering doing a repaint on a pretty nice 66 Belvedere. Keep up the great work, and keep the pics coming!

Jason

Hudson Hornet !

Thank you guys for the kind words, it means alot!! :cheers:

To be honest, I thought I might take a little heat because it's a 68 and a general lee( of course, it doesn't look like a 68 any more, hint hint!).

I don't know how great of a teacher I am, but it feels good to teach my trade to others and watch them grow their skillset. Doesn't hurt that they get to work on musclecars when their buddies are in math either!!

As a side note, our department of education suggested that we get magazines to get the kids into reading, so the shop now holds subscriptions to Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action, Car Craft, Hot Rod, Peterson's 4 Wheel and Off Road, and Muscle Car Review along with Popular Hot Rodding.

I don't see us subscribing to " Fart can monthly " anytime soon. :rofl:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

In HS, I took auto shop - it was two periods long and a great escape from the books and such of regular classes...

My teacher was a former Honda tech and loved imports (this was when AC was still a dealer-installed option)

Anyways, I got tired of the junk they wanted us to work on.. Ford Country Squire was the deal breaker for me... I wanted something cool...

Teacher said, you all want to work on something cool, bring in your own cars... Ok...

Trouble was, I had a brand new car which needed nothing... So I went and bought a 1968 Dodge Charger  :2thumbs: That became my "Shop Class" car  :coolgleamA: My best friend and I worked on it for most of the year  :cheers:

skip68

AWESOME!    A win win deal.   You get your car done with lots of help and those kids can brag about building a GENERAL LEE.  Hudson, this is going to be one of the best threads we've had.   Thank you.    :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   

Chuck .........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Hudson Hornet !

Skip 68,

Thanks!  I would love to meet some of you guys next year at Carlisle, I will be the broke guy selling hot dogs to pay off my sheetmetal bill!!

Seriously, I have alot of respect for the members of this site. It seems like any time someone needs help, you guys are there! :2thumbs:

A big thank you to all of YOU that make this the special place that it is!

charger01

Great thread for sure.  Keep us updated.   Do you have a timeframe in mind for the car?  Everything looks great.

greenpigs

I took auto body 3 years in HS & we worked on the teachers ride as well, but it was a 76 Camaro. :eek2:

These things stick with you or it did with me.

However I didn't get why we stripped a black on black 4 speed in better shape for parts. It had a title also :ahum:

I was going to emulate my the mechanic teachers 69 Road Runner but changed my mind. If a 69 Satellite comes my way affordable I will do it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free