News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

12 batteries in one car?

Started by Charger Aficionado, January 19, 2006, 02:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I saw this on another car board and am shamlessly swiping it...  Maybe Ponch can enlighten us?  (all the Lowriders are in L.A.).  Would someone REALLY put more than 2 batteries in a car??? >?

No wonder it's LOW:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-Brougham-1995-CADILLAC-FLEETWOOD-BROUGHAM-LOWRIDER-HYDRAULICS-NR_W0QQitemZ4604883674QQcategoryZ6149QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ponch ®

they need all those batteries to power the hydraulics, and also to put more weight in the back of the car.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

derailed

and to keep the 4 ways and stereo working when there sitting on the side of the road with there blown trannys.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

70charginglizard

5 hrs left and no bids.

Doesnt suprise me a bit.

lol
70charginglizard

Ponch ®

Quote from: derailed on January 19, 2006, 03:24:14 AM
and to keep the 4 ways and stereo working when there sitting on the side of the road with there blown trannys.

actually the tranny's hold up pretty well, but the front axles are always breaking.

I like lowriders (its the mexican part of me), but I dig the classic stuff - 64-65 Impy's, CoupeDevilles, and Bombs, but newer cars just dont seem that authentic to me.

A guy in the buiding  I work at had  a car exactly like that.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Silver R/T

hydraulics need a lot of juice, especially competition kits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Wakko

One of the problems with hydraulics is that the Ford starter solenoids, which aren't designed to handle that much current for that length of time, will overheat and spot weld themselves open.  Can burn the hell out of the hydraulic pumps right away.  The ride on hydro equipped cars is horrible, as the "shocks" or rams as they REALLY are, don't flex and the coil spring might have two or three coils MAX. 

But they sure do get alot of attention.  :)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlockSam

i'm spanish too, Cuban, but we don't have that lowrider stuff in the north east. the roads suck after winter. it's hard enough to ride a harley in the spring. Rene Gutierrez
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

CB

I had a 64 Impala before and wanted to build a pimped out lowrider. After some time time a sold tha POS. :-[
Happy I am now in Mopar World...  :icon_smile_approve:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Telvis

Blusmbl

a clean dark blue metallic '64 Imp 'vert on 100 spoke daytons is my automotive guilty pleasure.  I'd roll one like it was going out of style.

Unfortunately I'm poor so I have to roll my Caddy, which went out of style awhile ago.

Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

BigBlockSam

isn't that the one that was in a video burning rubber?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Blusmbl

Among other things, yes.  :devil:  I also have a clip of driving it around in a snowstorm... sans top.  :icon_smile_cool:
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

moparguy01

do you even still have the top for that beast?

BigBlockSam

that was a great vid, you guys are nuts  :cheers:

Blusmbl

Quote from: moparguy01 on January 21, 2006, 10:10:26 PM
do you even still have the top for that beast?

Yes, but I haven't tried fitting it back on the car.  I'd need bungee cords or someting.  :icon_smile_big:
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 21, 2006, 10:12:26 PM
that was a great vid, you guys are nuts  :cheers:

Dude I need that link again (what an AWESOME burnout)!

Blusmbl

-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

SeattleCharger

haha, that was funny,

flame throwin' side pipes and top down in a snowstorm,  :yesnod:

-the burnout vid said page not available  :-[

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Blusmbl

fat fingered the title.  Should work now. :D
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

SeattleCharger

You guys were pretty mellow when it was on fire, after a minute you casually say, you got some flames there.     Wasn't there a chance that gas tank could explode?     
   Good job on the video, cool.   Wish I knew how to make video/ words, music etc.    Great smoke show.    :drive: 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Ponch on January 19, 2006, 03:10:19 AM
they need all those batteries to power the hydraulics, and also to put more weight in the back of the car.

I thought it was called juice?

The rear half of the bed there was batteries. Car overall looked to be heavy and rough riding.

Blusmbl

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 22, 2006, 11:44:02 AM

You guys were pretty mellow when it was on fire, after a minute you casually say, you got some flames there.     Wasn't there a chance that gas tank could explode?       

Well, yes, especially if it leaked at all.  Nobody ever accused us of being intelligent.  :P
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

Ponch ®

Quote from: Blusmbl on January 21, 2006, 08:54:28 PM
a clean dark blue metallic '64 Imp 'vert on 100 spoke daytons is my automotive guilty pleasure.  I'd roll one like it was going out of style.

Unfortunately I'm poor so I have to roll my Caddy, which went out of style awhile ago.

dude, thats a kick ass caddy. Itd be awesome crusing around in that sucker here in L.A.

I saw a 65 impy for sale earlier today. It was just parked on a big street with for sale signs. metallic blue, 100 spoke gold daytons, and front and back / side to side hydraulics.