News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Like guns ? anybody have one of these ?????????

Started by skip68, November 09, 2011, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Over the summer my son and I did some shooting at grandma's.   My buddy brought out a bunch of guns so my son had a chance to shoot all kinds of powerful guns. 
The one he loved but was afraid to shoot.   Smith & Wesson 500. 50 cal.

This is a frickin cannon.   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

He's 15 and almost 6ft tall.  That gives you an idea how big the gun is. I call it the cartoon gun.   ;)   $2.50 a shot. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Budnicks

Quote from: skip68 on November 09, 2011, 07:48:53 PM
Over the summer my son and I did some shooting at grandma's.   My buddy brought out a bunch of guns so my son had a chance to shoot all kinds of powerful guns.  
The one he loved but was afraid to shoot.   Smith & Wesson 500. 50 cal.

This is a frickin cannon.  

:drool5: Sweet Hand cannon, all my guns have been worked by the "Gun Doctor" years ago a great gunsmith, who was a gynocolagist that was into guns also, he liked looking in deep dark holes..LOL.. I have a 586 blue & 686 stainless S&W both .357 mags, same style frame & barrel, Rugger Super Red Hawk .44 mag, Virginan Dragoon single action .44 mag, Colt Diamondback .357 mag, a couple of trick 1911 .45acp  Colts, Combat Commander & Ported 7" Long slide AMT, Browning High Power 9mm, 12ga & 20ga Remington 870 Pump Wingmaster shotguns, Winchester .270 mag, for the bigger vermon... Amongst others, there's nothing like the sound of a pump shot gun or a long slide semi auto slamming shut in the dark of the night, if you know what I meen.... Not into my guns, too much any more, kind of got away from them in the past 20 or so years, I use to be the Manager at a poshe' "Target Masters" indoor pistol range in Milpitas, Ca, was a Certified Rangemaster/Instructor, not for a long time now....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JoeyGowdy

Yes - love my S&W M500 .50 Cal as much as my S&W M27 .357 Mag and my S&W M29 .44 Mag

:2thumbs:

Hmm, I need to snap some photos of them and use them as my profiles pictures and avatars.

:scratchchin:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

vancamp

definetly a hand cannon had a friend shoot one and he didnt have a real good grip needless say he didnt want to shoot second round.

ACUDANUT

You will hate that thing after a few rounds...Anyone have a 5.7 handgun ?

skip68

That gun is a two hander for sure.  My favorite gun in the world is the 30/30. 
Make sure not to try and steal budnicks car, I have a feeling he doesn't mis to often.    ;)

JoeyGowdy

It's okay I suppose... sadly though after having fired a Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Revolver everything else simply pales in comparison to it... words cannot describe it.  :2thumbs:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Finn

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 09, 2011, 08:13:21 PM
You will hate that thing after a few rounds...Anyone have a 5.7 handgun ?

My friend has one. Great gun!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69_500

Nope do not have one of those but do have nice handguns. My dad worked at Century manufacturing when they were in Greenfield IN. They made a 45-70 six shot revolver as well as a 50-110 six shot revolver. They made them in other rifle cartridge sizes as well but those are the 2 we still have. They are a hoot to take out in the yard and pop off a few rounds.

TK73

"Its an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools."

Name that movie...  (without searching)
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

skip68

TK73

skip68

This is the most powerful handgun in the world.  $20,000 and $40 a shot, made in Australia.  Not very many in the world and you say you've shot this gun Joey?   Pictures?  ???     :popcrn:

Fred

I've got plenty of handguns but my favourite is my .475 custom Linebaugh.  :2guns:
Built by John Linebaugh in Cody, Wyomming. It was featured in American Handgunner magazine in the may/june 1997 edition. (4 page spread)

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68blue

Quote from: 69_500 on November 09, 2011, 08:56:42 PM
Nope do not have one of those but do have nice handguns. My dad worked at Century manufacturing when they were in Greenfield IN. They made a 45-70 six shot revolver as well as a 50-110 six shot revolver. They made them in other rifle cartridge sizes as well but those are the 2 we still have. They are a hoot to take out in the yard and pop off a few rounds.

I remember those things from years past. A gunsmith in Greenfield who did some bluing for me was involved with that project. The guns were very well made in addition to  being powerful. My Ruger SRH in 454 is plenty for me, mostly sees hot 45lc loads.

Budnicks

Quote from: skip68 on November 09, 2011, 08:21:06 PM
That gun is a two hander for sure.  My favorite gun in the world is the 30/30. 
Make sure not to try and steal budnicks car, I have a feeling he doesn't mis to often.    ;)
My definition of gun control is 'being able to hit what your aiming at'...LOL...

John_Kunkel

I have a .454 Casull (Taurus Raging Bull) and it's about the limit of what I'm comfortable with...it will shoot .45 Long Colt to ease the strain on the budget.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

RallyeMike

At a certain size a handgun starts to become a novelty rather than an effective and useful weapon.

QuoteRe: Like guns ?  anybody have one of these ?????????

Yes. No.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Budnicks

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 10, 2011, 02:51:36 PM
At a certain size a handgun starts to become a novelty rather than an effective and useful weapon.

QuoteRe: Like guns ?  anybody have one of these ?????????

Yes. No.
I would tend to agree they are basically just hand cannons after a certain point, bigger isn't always better, especially when it comes to practical use & accuracy, with out some serious work to help tame the recoil...   Maybe for a side arm for a bear gun in Alaska or something along those lines...   I still like looking at them tough, I just don't own any, I can't easily shot & hit what I'm aiming at ease repeatedly...  Most of my .44's I use .44 Specials or custom loads in to make them easier to handle, same thing with the .357 mags, .38 Specials are easier to shot & much cheaper too boot... It's still fun to pop off a few big loads every once in a while, for shits & giggles...

flyinlow

The 500 Smith is a beautiful handgun. Don't think I will ever own one, but it would be fun to shoot one.

It's great your son got to check it out. For several years I helped put on our Scout Troops shooting campout. Many had not shot a gun before. Letting them experience shooting in a safe environment was real treat for them. Passing on the knowledge that with the right to own firearms, comes the responsibility to handle them safely was very rewarding for me.

Budnicks

Quote from: flyinlow on November 10, 2011, 03:17:03 PM
The 500 Smith is a beautiful handgun. Don't think I will ever own one, but it would be fun to shoot one.

It's great your son got to check it out. For several years I helped put on our Scout Troops shooting campout. Many had not shot a gun before. Letting them experience shooting in a safe environment was real treat for them. Passing on the knowledge that with the right to own firearms, come the responsibility to handle them safely was very rewarding for me.
:2thumbs: Very well said...

chargerboy69

Nice gun.

My brother-in-law has a Israeli made Desert Eagle 50 cal.  That thing is also a cannon I would love to have.  However, I am a bit short of the $1800.00 needed to own one.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

I would love to give one of those Smith 500's a go, I'm sure you can't help but giggle when you pull the trigger. ;D
The largest hand cannons I own are these two...a Dan Wesson 445 SuperMag (a .44 with more powder), and a United Sporting Arms Seville 454 Magnum (.454 Casull). Both these guns will give your hands a real beating after 50 rounds or so, but they sure make you giggle in the meantime. :icon_smile_big:
(pardon the "glamour" shots, I was trying for some calendar entries a while back)

Here's one of the Seville, with a HEMI tie-in for a prop... :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

skip68

Budnicks

Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 11, 2011, 04:18:29 PM
I would love to give one of those Smith 500's a go, I'm sure you can't help but giggle when you pull the trigger. ;D
The largest hand cannons I own are these two...a Dan Wesson 445 SuperMag (a .44 with more powder), and a United Sporting Arms Seville 454 Magnum (.454 Casull). Both these guns will give your hands a real beating after 50 rounds or so, but they sure make you giggle in the meantime. :icon_smile_big:
(pardon the "glamour" shots, I was trying for some calendar entries a while back)

Here's one of the Seville, with a HEMI tie-in for a prop... :D

Charger Fan Those are some perty guns there & some nice well done photos too boot...

greenpigs

Got one & a Colt King Cobra plus some $ in a trade for the Corvette I had.  :D

Have not shot it yet & about $2.50 a bullet is the cheapest I have found for ammo also, it is just total overkill for most people and that includes myself.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger_Fan

Thanks, you guys. :)

Greenpigs, the only real way to shoot big bore stuff without going broke, is to reload. Getting all the reloading equipment is expensive initially, but if you do a lot of shooting, it pays for itself pretty quickly. With the initial cost aside, I'd bet you could reload that .50 caliber for around $1 a shot.
Not that $1 per shot is still anything cheap of course, but it's a little less painful on the wallet. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ACUDANUT

I have had a couple 50 cal BMG sniper rifles in my time...It's about 3.00 a round to shoot it these days..It can kill you at 2 miles away (stray round) and up to a mile with a good scope and shooter...I could not risk a stray round, liability and the cost to shoot. :Twocents:

TK73

I saw on some discovery show a guy saying .50 cal is the largest cal you can legally own in the US.  Military being the exception.

Any input?

ACUDANUT

Yes that is true.  However, with paying for the right licenses and registering with the ATF, you can have a Artillary Cannon and a 20mm.

vancamp

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 12, 2011, 06:24:28 PM
Yes that is true.  However, with paying for the right licenses and registering with the ATF, you can have a Artillary Cannon and a 20mm.
yep anything above a .50 is considered a destuctive device and requires a $200 tax to the the atf and a very long background check. same with silencers/suppressors, short barreled rifles and a full auto weapom made prior to 1986.

moparguy01

Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 12, 2011, 09:27:39 AM

Greenpigs, the only real way to shoot big bore stuff without going broke, is to reload. Getting all the reloading equipment is expensive initially, but if you do a lot of shooting, it pays for itself pretty quickly. With the initial cost aside, I'd bet you could reload that .50 caliber for around $1 a shot.
Not that $1 per shot is still anything cheap of course, but it's a little less painful on the wallet. :lol:

Not true. You can work at an ammo plant like me. :icon_smile_big:

skip68

Sweet!  Moparguy01 is taking ammo orders.    :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 12, 2011, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 12, 2011, 09:27:39 AM

Not true. You can work at an ammo plant like me. :icon_smile_big:
i didnt know that ?    I have several mopar buddy who work at lake city here  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparguy01

ya stu, I've worked in Anoka here for the past year and a half. I heard Winchester packed up shop and moved out to missouri or mississippi somewhere too. So that area should be abundant with ammunition.

I'll tell you I've gone shooting alot more since I've worked at the plant....

greenpigs

If a box of 20 rounds is say $63, what would be your cost 01? You PM me if you do not want others to know .

I don't have much intrest in reloading as I have no time to go to the range enough to make it worth while. However a zombie apocalypse could make it a worthy investment.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free