News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installed FAST EZ EFI ON THE RT

Started by snagm z, November 09, 2011, 06:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

Damn that's nice, where did you get that air cleaner setup at?

MSRacing89

Spectre.  We modiified it and made one ourselves.  But they have the plenum and tubing available for you work with.  The issue is you can't run a drop base round air cleaner because it hits the injector rails.  So it takes a very low clearance plenum to make it work.  Ideally we would like to battery relocate and run the intakes into the wheel wells.  Spectre is supporting me on that project so I will post some pics over the winter when we get some more parts from them.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

johnnycharger

Thanks! Is the air cleaner mount square or round? For mine I would prefer a more classic looking air cleaner.

MSRacing89

Quote from: johnnycharger on November 11, 2011, 01:42:10 PM
Thanks! Is the air cleaner mount square or round? For mine I would prefer a more classic looking air cleaner.

The mount is round just like a 4150 holley.  If you run a Eddy performer and not the RPM, you may be able to sneak in a round non-drop base air cleaner.

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Dino

How many stickers do I need to put on my car for FAST to sponsor me and give me the master kit at cost!?   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

MSRacing89

The total number is unknown..............I had to put a lot on and still counting!

jb666

Very nice!! I like the looks of that air cleaner too!!

johnnycharger

Quote from: MSRacing89 on November 11, 2011, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: johnnycharger on November 11, 2011, 01:42:10 PM

The mount is round just like a 4150 holley.  If you run a Eddy performer and not the RPM, you may be able to sneak in a round non-drop base air cleaner.

Sweet! I like it!

General_01

I like the idea of EFI. I was looking at the Powerjection III and this kit. Probably won't be in the budget for a while, but definately something to think about. Keep us posted.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Brickster

check out the new atomic EFI from MSD. I saw it at SEMA and spoke with the man who wrote the code. It is a self learning system and super easy to install.

General_01

Quote from: Brickster on November 12, 2011, 11:18:36 AM
check out the new atomic EFI from MSD. I saw it at SEMA and spoke with the man who wrote the code. It is a self learning system and super easy to install.

Looks like another good option. So far I like the Powerjection III because it seems to have more adjustibility and the price is cheaper. I probably won't need to have that much control over the system because I don't do anything but drive on the street, but it would be nice to have in case I do something in the future.

The ease of the other two (EZ and Atomic) make them look very appealing though. I checked Summit and the Atomic won't be available until January or May 2012. On the list of products it says January, but when you click on the item for item description it says May. :shruggy:

Good news is the more options for us owners, the better the products will get. Keep us posted on the EZ setup OP.

Now I gotta figure out how to get this next year without getting killed by the wife. :rofl:

496 stroker
4-speed

Budnicks

That MSD Atomic EFI looks like an easy sweet deal $1900-$2200 not cheap, but read the promo stuff looks impressive, with no lap top needed to tune & will self tune also, is pretty damn cool idea...  I had a b-engine 6bbl EFI set up from "F&B Throttle bodies", you send them your manifold they will do a complete conversion for $2500, 900cfm-2300cfm available & it fits under a stock style N-96 style original non fresh air 6bbl drop air cleaner base, May fit the A-12 fresh air hoods on 440's also, I don't know about the height differences, for sure, with the same pattern on top of the throttle bodies as the original carb/air cleaner base, with the supplied adapters, it's a sweet set-up, or you can use their air cleaner set up also it was a couple of years ago now, it was pretty simple installation, with tons of tech help if needed, very fun to drive too... Sorry no photos & sold the car a while ago now... I tried to download the file photos of the complete set up, it's too big of a file it says...   www.fbthrottlebodies.com
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

John_Kunkel

Does the EZ-EFI pressure regulator require a return line?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

J-440

Worked on mine this weekend.  Definitly is plug and play and the wires are all marked, instructional CD included is very helpful.  Only real "work" that is involved is figuring where to mount the ECM and running/splicing wires to different parts of engine area for the 4 or 5 sensors they give you.  For instance, my injector harness was about 2 ft short of the harness coming out of the ECM, no biggy.  That and the O2 sensor wiring from the ECM is friggin long as hell.  Gonna splice and dice that.  Other than that the easy part will be out of the way.  "Talking" to the ECM via laptop will be interesting.  Good stuff so far. :2thumbs:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Dino

Quote from: MSRacing89 on November 11, 2011, 02:05:13 PM
The total number is unknown..............I had to put a lot on and still counting!

I emailed Fast last week and just got a reply.  They want me to send in a detailed sponsorship proposal to review.  So what would be acceptable to receive, either in full or at a discount, the master kit for a 440? 

I drive the car most days of the week, spring to fall.  How much,or how big, of an ad should I have on the car???  I have no clue where to start.

elacruze

Something everybody needs to consider is that even 'self learning' systems cannot optimize to engine conditions without some input from the user. I could tell it to run a 12.5:1 ratio above a certain manifold pressure and 15:1 below it, but those would only be functional, not optimal. So, your power and fuel mileage would both be less than best.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

MSRacing89

Quote from: Dino on November 16, 2011, 12:06:06 PM

I emailed Fast last week and just got a reply.  They want me to send in a detailed sponsorship proposal to review.  So what would be acceptable to receive, either in full or at a discount, the master kit for a 440? 

I drive the car most days of the week, spring to fall.  How much,or how big, of an ad should I have on the car???  I have no clue where to start.

I was kind of kidding when I wrote that, although I do get some assistance from them.  Most stemming from the OPTIMA Challenge invite and we also got the cover and the feature in Popular Hot Rodding for the event issue to be released in early '12.  Most likely they will assist you if you are involved in some high profile events or are willing to start to do that in the future.  Also they may want to see that your car has won awards or races, etc.  They usually tell you how and where to put the signage and the provide it for you.

Dino

Quote from: MSRacing89 on November 16, 2011, 03:12:16 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 16, 2011, 12:06:06 PM

I was kind of kidding when I wrote that, although I do get some assistance from them.  Most stemming from the OPTIMA Challenge invite and we also got the cover and the feature in Popular Hot Rodding for the event issue to be released in early '12.  Most likely they will assist you if you are involved in some high profile events or are willing to start to do that in the future.  Also they may want to see that your car has won awards or races, etc.  They usually tell you how and where to put the signage and the provide it for you.

I was kinda kidding when I emailed them...but they actually replied.  Joke's on me!   :icon_smile_big:

Yeah I'm not going to be participating in any events, just city cruising.  Ah well, doesn't hurt to dream.

snagm z

just got back from the dyno. Now understand everything is to the Rear Wheels. I have a 4.10 dana 60 and a 18 spline 4 speed.
I have a 440 bored .030 over using stock connecting rods. Keith black Pistons, lugnati cam, eldebrock heads and intake manifold.
and the ez efi from fast. car runs on 87 pump gas only
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

snagm z

second sheet from original dyno in Aug

snagm z

now this was done this afternoon the date and time are incorrect on the sheet. didn't really care after getting these results.
I have a small exhaust leak on the passenger side header and its causing the power drop off because the Efi is dumping fuel to compensate for the leak.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed