News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installed FAST EZ EFI ON THE RT

Started by snagm z, November 09, 2011, 06:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagm z

HOLY SHIT WHAT A DIFFERENCE! :2thumbs:

I originally had a 800cfm carb. and was disappointed in my results. So i switched. I have a base line Dyno with the carb and scheduled next Thurs to dyno & tune it up  the efi. i can already tell i have significant gains. will scan and post my results with my engine build blueprint. 
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Budnicks

What engine combo do you have below that new Fast EZ EFI  :icon_smile_question:....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

1970Moparmann

Need to hear more about this.    Do tell..... :popcrn: :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

jb666

You'll LOVE it.. The simple things.. Like reaching in, after your car has sat for two weeks, tapping the key and having it fire right up while your feet are both outside the car... Now THAT'S cool...   Throttle response..... Reliability..   :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Is this set up on your Procharged combo  :icon_smile_question:, just curious... the founder of Fast EFI, lives some were near here, I think up the hill in Twain Harte, Ca., I think it was "Dan" Orange Hemi RR fame "68X426" who told me that...

jb666

Quote from: Budnicks on November 09, 2011, 06:45:03 PM
Is this set up on your Procharged combo  :icon_smile_question:, just curious... the founder of Fast EFI, lives some were near here, I think up the hill in Twain Harte, Ca., I think it was "Dan" Orange Hemi RR fame "68X426" who told me that...

Mine? No. I'm not running the EZ system..  I'm running the XFI 2.0 system. My setup was a PITA to get tuned, but once it was dialed in correctly it's been a DREAM!!!!!!

J-440

JB....I just ordered the XFI 2.0 system as well. I will be installing it this weekend.  What problems did you have?  I hear there is a lttle more tuning involved than with the EZ setup.  What laptop are you using....questions man and I need answers!!!! :popcrn:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

jb666

Quote from: J-440 on November 09, 2011, 06:54:58 PM
JB....I just ordered the XFI 2.0 system as well. I will be installing it this weekend.  What problems did you have?  I hear there is a lttle more tuning involved than with the EZ setup.  What laptop are you using....questions man and I need answers!!!! :popcrn:

Problems... Just minor tuning tweaks that we messed with most of the summer. Adjusting throttle blades. TP Sensor. Temp vs idle adjustments. Fans.

The usual... like I said, once it was dialed in, it's incredible. The car runs like an absolute DREAM now...  So many think they can just throw it in, do a quick tune and you're set.. That couldn't be farther from the truth.. But, it's worth it in the end!!

Laptop? I'm running the XFI software on a spare Dell I had. The system stays in the car at all times (I've had to make adjustments on the road more often then not). I really like the ease of adjustment(s) though.. they definitely made it easy.
The 2.0 is an improvement though... Takes a LOT of the guess work (and manual tuning) out of the equation.

tan top

thinking about going to EFi also at some stage ,

:popcrn: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Budnicks

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2011, 06:49:55 PM
Is this set up on your Procharged combo  :icon_smile_question:, just curious... the founder of Fast EFI, lives some were near here, I think up the hill in Twain Harte, Ca., I think it was "Dan" Orange Hemi RR fame "68X426" who told me that...

Mine? No. I'm not running the EZ system..  I'm running the XFI 2.0 system. My setup was a PITA to get tuned, but once it was dialed in correctly it's been a DREAM!!!!!!
Thanks, I was just curious more than anything, fuel mapping those things can be a major hassle sometimes, I end up have an old buddy do it for me, he owes me a couple still...LOL.. he's extremely hard to get to do anything & usually won't, but when he does, he the shit...

jb666

Quote from: Budnicks on November 09, 2011, 07:03:54 PM
Is this set up on your Procharged combo  :icon_smile_question:, just curious... the founder of Fast EFI, lives some were near here, I think up the hill in Twain Harte, Ca., I think it was "Dan" Orange Hemi RR fame "68X426" who told me that...

Mine? No. I'm not running the EZ system..  I'm running the XFI 2.0 system. My setup was a PITA to get tuned, but once it was dialed in correctly it's been a DREAM!!!!!!
Thanks, I was just curious more than anything, fuel mapping those things can be a major hassle sometimes, I end up have an old buddy do it for me, he owes me a couple still...LOL.. he's extremely hard to get to do anything & usually won't, but when he does, he the shit...

Jon set all of that up for me. I wasn't about to pretend I was smart enough to do something that could actually cause major damage to my motor. I have no problem with the fine tuning..

Budnicks

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

Jon set all of that up for me. I wasn't about to pretend I was smart enough to do something that could actually cause major damage to my motor. I have no problem with the fine tuning..
Do you have to have the lap top to run the system  :icon_smile_question: or is it just for the fine tuning convenience  :icon_smile_question:

jb666

Quote from: Budnicks on November 09, 2011, 07:10:28 PM

Do you have to have the lap top to run the system  :icon_smile_question: or is it just for the fine tuning convenience  :icon_smile_question:

A lap top is used for the tune. My plug runs out of the glove box. When I'm done I coil it back up and shut the glove box door. You'd never know, from the inside of my car, that the whole underside of the dash (one side) is a computer... 

I suppose you could have someone else tune it with their laptop as long as you'd never need to adjust anything yourself you'd be fine.. But yes, you must plug in to make any changes.

Budnicks

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2011, 07:13:26 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on November 09, 2011, 07:10:28 PM

A lap top is used for the tune. My plug runs out of the glove box. When I'm done I coil it back up and shut the glove box door. You'd never know, from the inside of my car, that the whole underside of the dash (one side) is a computer... 

I suppose you could have someone else tune it with their laptop as long as you'd never need to adjust anything yourself you'd be fine.. But yes, you must plug in to make any changes.
Thanks, it sounds like a very cool system in your Charger... I was just curious, never too old to learn...

xpbprox

Sweet, I'd like to hear more too. Right now I got the ez efi sittin in my garage waiting for my car

Dino

Quote from: jb666 on November 09, 2011, 06:34:29 PM
You'll LOVE it.. The simple things.. Like reaching in, after your car has sat for two weeks, tapping the key and having it fire right up while your feet are both outside the car... Now THAT'S cool...   Throttle response..... Reliability..   :2thumbs:

I'd go for that!  Can't complain about reliability so far but the carb would not be missed.

Any change at all in fuel mileage?  Not that I'd get my money out of it anytime soon, asking more out of curiosity.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

MSRacing89

We have been successful with it so far.  All I can say is we put it through its paces at the OUSCI and it was amazing.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Vainglory, Esq.

Awesome.  My next major upgrade is probably the EFI.  Then again, I have a lot of minor upgrades to do first.

J-440

Been studying up on EFI and the only thing that concerns me are the VE tables and zones.  Does FAST have a pre-programmed setup similar to your car and all you have to do is input your engine specs into the pre-programmed setup?  From the pics on the website, everything is pretty much plug and play.  Can't wait to play with it.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

XS29LA47V21

jb666 when are you going to the dino?  Do you already have thread to your motor combo details, if so where? 

MSRacing89

Quote from: J-440 on November 10, 2011, 08:45:28 PM
  Been studying up on EFI and the only thing that concerns me are the VE tables and zones.  Does FAST have a pre-programmed setup similar to your car and all you have to do is input your engine specs into the pre-programmed setup?  From the pics on the website, everything is pretty much plug and play.  Can't wait to play with it.

That is correct if you go with the EZ-EFI.  You go through a set up that asks for cubic inches and other parameters and it has a self-learning ECU that fills in the gaps.  You tell it (3) target AFR's for idle, cruise and WOT and it does the rest in between.  Its pretty slick although you still need to understand what your engine wants.  Most people think because its EFI they can just lean it out and everything is great.  That does not work, the motor still wants what it wants.  The good thing is you can lean and fatten up for different conditions like a day a the track or just cruisin.  I do it all the time.  Sometimes when I am cruising down the highway I will reach down and lean it out a few clicks for fuel savings and fatten it back up when I get into town.  All done with handheld unit in the car on the fly.

After competing at the OUSCI and only seeing a few carbs, they are slowly becoming a thing of the past sorry to say.  BTW- this system comes in a Multiport EZ setup which, I think, would be ideal if want to take it to another level.

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

johnnycharger

Can you post some pictures of it installed?
:popcrn:

mopar2

MSRacing89