News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil dipstick tube and MSD eCurve distributor

Started by nrt69, November 08, 2011, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrt69

two questions:

1. how can i get my oil dipstick tube to stay put in the engine block? ive tried flaring the end slightly and using gasket maker but to no avail.

2. has anyone switched from a MP electronic ocnversion kit to an MSD eCurve distributor? ive got some questions about wiring.

thanks!

nrt69

nobody is using an MSD eCurve distributor??
Anyone have an idea on how to bypass a ballast reststor?

Chryco Psycho

I have not used an E curve dist but I assume like most MSD it needs power from both the blue & brown wire @ the ballast to start it , if the coil doesn't need a resistor just connect the + wire to the coil at the same place the MSD is connected .

nrt69

i dont understand the last part of your sentence... it looks like the single DBL wire entering the resistor is 12 volts from the ignition. Of the DBL and BRW wires coming out of the other side of the resistor, the DBL went to the + coil and the BRW looked like it came from the ignition. Those 2 wires get dropped down in volts, right?
are you saying that the single DBL wire coming into the resistor and the BRW one coming out of it both need to be connected to the + coil?

Ill see if i can get a pic...

nrt69

pic attached?

the old blue wire hanging down below the coil is, i think, the one coming out of the resistor with the BRW wire next to it.

nrt69

ok, so you cant really see the blue wire that went to the + coil.
the connection is just below/behind the black plug wire.

nrt69

nrt69

well, right or wrong, i uplugged the two prongs from the resistor and shoved them together and she fired right up.

68X426

Quote from: nrt69 on November 08, 2011, 07:16:42 PM
how can i get my oil dipstick tube to stay put in the engine block? ive tried flaring the end slightly and using gasket maker but to no avail.

Is it the correct tube? Even if it is, maybe it's time to simply get a new one?  :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow