News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car storage tips

Started by Stretch, November 07, 2011, 08:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

It's that time of year. What are some of the things you guys do when you put your ride away for the winter?

I put dryer sheets in the trunk, interior and under the hood of my car. Actually I keep them in there year round. It keeps the mice out of it and dryer sheets smell much better than mothballs. I also fill the gas tank full and I use ethanol safe gas stabilizer. I fill the tank because I don't want condensation to cause rust in the tank. I can't eliminate rust but at least I can limit it to the top of the tank. I don't jack it up and put it on stands because I do move it in and out if I'm working on somthing do to limited space in my shop. I do however set up a box fan in front of the car running on low to keep air circulting under the car. I heat my shop with wood but only when I'm using it.

I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

B5charger

I fill up the tank too.  Put in fuel stabilizer and run it for a few miles before I put it away.  I also spray down the carb with cleaner.  For the interior, I put in dryer sheets as well.  I don't jack it up either, but generally don't move it.  I'm wondering if I should.  Hasen't been a problem before.

41husk

I like to clean them like I am going to show them before I put them away.  Makes it much easier to get going in the spring!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up