News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finding Build Date On Broadcast Sheet

Started by Benji, November 06, 2011, 04:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benji

Is there anyway to tell the build date on a C500 from the broadcast sheet?  The fender tag is rusted so badly the date can't be read.  The Sequence Number is 2043264 and the VON is 925601. Also at the bottom of the sheet under "Remarks" it says "18 Charger 500"  was this the 18th C500 built?  VIN is XX29J9B217201 a hemi auto F8 car.  Lastly someone wrote a large CG across the entire sheet with a black grease marker at the factory.  I think I read somewhere that someone had a CG welded on the frame rail of their Charger at the factory.

Benji

69_500

The build date, well at least the Scheduled build date is the box that is in between the Sequence number and the VON. Starting in the top left corner of the sheet it should read 2043264 then next box should be a B20 (and I am only guessing on that one as I have not seen the sheet but basing it on the other cars that are around that one in order. Then next box would read 925601.

This is not a car that I have seen the sheet on before, but if you would be willing to I'd love to add a scan of it to my archives. So far I have a copy of sheets for about 65 cars.

Benji

It appears to be a "B" but nearly impossible to tell as one of the rusty springs was positioned exactly on that particular character obliterating about 80% of it but what is left does appear to be a B.

I will scan it tomorrow at work and also post it along with some photos of the car.  Also I got a shot of the numbers on the radiator support which I will post.

Benji

Alaskan_TA

The CG is likely a note about the interior, CG would indicate green.

Have you checked the rest of the car for additional broadcast sheets that may be in better condition?

69_500

Odds are it would read B20. The cars that I have sheets for that are around that one are mainly B20. Although one is B22, and one that is within 10 digits of the VIN is C04.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on November 06, 2011, 06:18:06 PM
Odds are it would read B20. The cars that I have sheets for that are around that one are mainly B20. Although one is B22, and one that is within 10 digits of the VIN is C04.
my car must be close to that ones build date also ,  danny gestimated mine as B 20 also
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Benji

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 06, 2011, 06:01:13 PM
The CG is likely a note about the interior, CG would indicate green.

Have you checked the rest of the car for additional broadcast sheets that may be in better condition?

We checked under the back seat and it was not there, so we checked the back of the back seat and found it.  The car has been in dry storage for nearly 30 years so it has not been wet in at least that long.  Under the rear seat looks like the day it left Detroit. I have a photo of it that I will post tomorrow.  We will look for additional sheets later.  The owner couldn't find the trunk key so I couldn't get a shot of it but I'm sure it also is in nearly perfect shape.  There is a little rust in the lower quarter panels and around the tailamps and that is just about it as far as rust through. There is a little slight surface rust here and there. Now all we need is the original hemi engine!

Benji

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on November 06, 2011, 07:07:49 PM
my car must be close to that ones build date also ,  danny gestimated mine as B 20 also

:yesnod: guessing  its prolly B20 -B21 -B22  may be B22   :scratchchin:
  just for referance  although mine is no XX car the vin is XS29L9B 219...      &  my SPD is B22 = November the 22nd  

have a look at below picture     for  location of the  SPD  scheduled production date  

would love to see some pictures of your C500 sometime :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Benji

Quote from: tan top on November 07, 2011, 05:44:32 AM

Quote from: moparstuart on November 06, 2011, 07:07:49 PM
my car must be close to that ones build date also ,  danny gestimated mine as B 20 also

:yesnod: guessing  its prolly B20 -B21 -B22  may be B22   :scratchchin:
  just for referance  although mine is no XX car the vin is XS29L9B 219...      &  my SPD is B22 = November the 22nd  

have a look at below picture     for  location of the  SPD  scheduled production date  

would love to see some pictures of your C500 sometime :cheers: :popcrn:

See http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86086.0.html

Ben

69_500

217157 all the way through 217392 are built on B20. Only one odd ball close to that VIN isn't built on B20. And that one is a HEMI car that was built or at least scheduled on C04. Then it goes right back to a sequence of cars all scheduled on B20. Have yet to see a 500 with B21. But have a few as B22 but they are later than this car. B14 and B18 as well but they are all earlier than the block of cars this one is in.