News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Worlds Most Tacky Charger??

Started by y3chargerrt, November 05, 2011, 06:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

Please post up pics if you have seen a more tacky Charger.

y3chargerrt

More

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

ACUDANUT

Alaskan_TA

Tacky? Heck, I'd take that one over any of the new ones.  :icon_smile_big:

MoparManJim

I would take a General Lee wannabee over this thing anyday. I like when people is a fan an does stuff to show there a fan of of things but this to much I would an think it is safe to say mostly mist the mark of it all!  :pity: 

But on a bright side am good note, there is a 3rd Gen charger under that stuff though  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

xpbprox

johnnycharger

Holy cow! Have you been to is crazy website? Look in the windshield.....

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Dino

:eek2:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tan top

Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2011, 09:53:12 PM

yeah forgot about that one  :yesnod:   thats a real low milage car if i remember correctly , customised in the early 70s !!
was up for sale a long time !!  hope its been put back to stock by now  :yesnod: :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

41husk

The last is better than letting them rot, or do what the first guy in the first pick did :eek2:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I remember this one for sale in the mid-90s for $14k. A lot of money then, but not now... was it ever sold? it was on the market forever!  :shruggy:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I saw this one at Ocean City (MD) over the summer while on a trip w/ my family. It's ugly in pics, uglier in person...

Parked around 6th st and the boardwalk, or thereabout...  :shruggy:

BrianShaughnessy

Every time one of these 'ugly' car threads pop up,   the owner always somehow is a member and the poster usually ends up chewing shoe leather.

Then again some people never learn.  :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

twodko

Each to his/her own but..............fail!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

freddyd02

Hey!!! that first car is mine! Na just kidding that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen... :scared:

41husk

I hope the first car doesn't belong to a member or anyone who claims to be a car guy!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: TK73 on November 05, 2011, 09:35:22 PM
::)
I like Duketona. Shows a little individuality.  :2thumbs:

The Beachcomber is pretty cool. Just shows some neat history and how people loved there car then like they do now. Hey why be different you'll only get bashed for it.  :nutkick:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

bajaherbie

thought i'd post a pic of my son's car..... before someone else does. :smilielol:

Darkman

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 06, 2011, 12:01:32 PM
I remember this one for sale in the mid-90s for $14k. A lot of money then, but not now... was it ever sold? it was on the market forever!

I kind of like it (interior not so much). This was the "far out" thing to do back in those times (70's). This should be put in a museum for cars of that era
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

WhiteLightninn

Quote from: bajaherbie on November 06, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
thought i'd post a pic of my son's car..... before someone else does. :smilielol:

hahaha very funny dad.  :'(

earnie

41husk

Thats a fine purple 3rd gen! nuttin tackey about that ride.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

xpbprox

Quote from: 41husk on November 07, 2011, 09:32:01 AM
Yeah the rims really made that thing look awesome  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: xpbprox on November 07, 2011, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: 41husk on November 07, 2011, 09:32:01 AM
Yeah the rims really made that thing look awesome  :2thumbs:
I disagree.  The rims look "cheap".  Still a nice car though !! :Twocents:

xpbprox

Really, I liked them better than the chrome ones that were on there. I guess I just like Black rims period. Those rims to me would even look good on a truck with some big meats on them. They probably are cheap tho, and I really don't like chrome either. That's why my charger isn't goin to have anything chrome on it it's all going to be different shades of black haha

bajaherbie

$54 bucks a wheel, thats cheap! its my sons car, he picked 'em..... i tried to influence him towards a set of magnum 500's but he wouldn't listen to his old man. all it needs now is a big set of numbers on the door and a sponsor on the quarter panels and he would be ready for nexts weeks nascar race at phoenix ::)

Kern Dog

That green car has a paint job that is "FAAAAR out, man".... But thats okay. Like said before, this was populay in the 70s to do wild paint, side pipes and the like. I think that while its too wild for my tastes, it deserves some respect.

Paasken

Quote from: Dino on November 05, 2011, 09:53:12 PM
I am the ovner of this car. The beachcomber is now longer in the US. The car is staying in europe. If you like it or not its a Dodge Charger RT Matching numbers Complete history from Miami Valley Dodge in 1969.The sheet metal is all original paint from 1973.Back in the seventies it Won awards and was a trailer queen. If someone have pics from car shows in the seventies let me know. I have other mopars in my collection and this one is Back to the future...

rustafarian

Paasken,  welcome aboard!

How about some current pictures of the Beachcomber and the engine?  Any cool early '70's engine mods still in place??
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

Musicman

I like the Beachcomber... it's different... I like different!  :yesnod:

That was one of the best things about the 60's & 70's... using your imagination, daring to be different! Don't you want to be just like Johnny? No I hate F@#$ing Johnny! :lol: What would music have been like in the 60's & 70's without this belief... oh yeah, right where it is today.... BORING!!!

Now, as for that flat black thing in the first post... No Comment Required!

Wheels of Terror

We need to band together and save these poor Chargers!  :rotz:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

TexasStroker

I actually like Beachcomber too...

If someone likes the car and enjoys it, I don't really mind it...

I consider the bat third gen to be a store prop or something...I've been in towns that have shops that glue sequins, tennis rackets, miniature Statue of Liberty figures, and stuff all over cars to draw attention to the business.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

ChargerD100

Quote from: xpbprox on November 07, 2011, 11:34:32 AM
Those rims to me would even look good on a truck with some big meats on them.

I personally like those rims I put some on my truck and they look way better on it than my Torq Thrusts did, and I'm putting a set on my Charger as well

Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

jaak

Quote from: ChargerD100 on May 20, 2012, 08:14:22 AM
Quote from: xpbprox on November 07, 2011, 11:34:32 AM
Those rims to me would even look good on a truck with some big meats on them.

I personally like those rims I put some on my truck and they look way better on it than my Torq Thrusts did, and I'm putting a set on my Charger as well

Nice truck! I really like the color!

Jason

Stretch

I love those wheels on the truck! They look like they belong there!  :2thumbs:

That is the perfict color for that truck too! Love it! :coolgleamA:

I don't like them on the Charger. Thats just my opnion though. The rest of the Charger is nice. Real nice.  :Twocents:
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

F8-4life

Soo is this tacky?

jaak

Quote from: F8-4life on May 20, 2012, 10:53:57 AM
Soo is this tacky?

Is that real, or photoshopped? I wouldn't call it tacky...but definately odd looking.

Jason

irwin_93

hey, i just wanted to say that the Beachcomber was actually painted by my grandfather, Dalford Adkins, back in the 70's, and my grandmother, laticia actually sewed the interior. Dalford owned Adkins Kustom Body Shop in Ohio.  when my mom (Dalford's daughter, Tonya) was a kid,  she used to go to car shows with him where he set up a beach scene and had palm trees around all corners of the car (and had it roped off xD) then hang juicy fruit gum off of the trees for people to take and he would put sand around the car and have shells and what not around in it to give it the effect of it being at the beach, my mom still has some of the trophy's he won from the car. my mom was supposed to end up with the car but Dalford passed away when my mom was 12, so Dalford's brother got the car, and he ended up having to sell it some time in the 90's due to his own health issues, he tried to sell it to my mom but she couldn't afford to buy it back. I'm pretty sure a cousin or something of Dalford and his brother ended up with the car, if he owns it to this day i dont know, but i think the car is beautiful, i would love to see it in person (I've only seen pictures)

loudmouthaussie

cool history  :cheers:

Im late to this thread but I like beachcomber for what it is; 70s custom time capsule. (but then I like 70s lowriders too)

wouldn't want lots of chargers done like it. (especially not mine) lol.

having said that its probably preferable to jumping them at dukes fest  :yesnod:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

BigBlockSam

i dig the Beachcomber too. i renumber it when it  was for sale but i didn't have the funds . we did lots of stuff like that in the 70's .  i did some strange things to cars back then  :smilielol: . it was fun and you could buy a driving charger for  $500. not many of those cars survived   :cheers: :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

irwin_93

Quote from: loudmouthaussie on June 01, 2013, 03:13:46 PM
cool history  :cheers:

Im late to this thread but I like beachcomber for what it is; 70s custom time capsule. (but then I like 70s lowriders too)

wouldn't want lots of chargers done like it. (especially not mine) lol.

having said that its probably preferable to jumping them at dukes fest  :yesnod:

thanks!  :cheers:

i was a bit late to this thread too :lol:  but just for of the hell of it i googled the beachcomber to see if i could find it online somewhere and i saw it on this thread and wanted to tell the history on it.

and yeah, doing this paint job on a charger wouldnt be my first choice, but The beachcomber is just to cool, if i was to ever some how get it i wouldnt change a thing on it!

tan top

Quote from: irwin_93 on June 01, 2013, 02:52:45 PM
hey, i just wanted to say that the Beachcomber was actually painted by my grandfather, Dalford Adkins, back in the 70's, and my grandmother, laticia actually sewed the interior. Dalford owned Adkins Kustom Body Shop in Ohio.  when my mom (Dalford's daughter, Tonya) was a kid,  she used to go to car shows with him where he set up a beach scene and had palm trees around all corners of the car (and had it roped off xD) then hang juicy fruit gum off of the trees for people to take and he would put sand around the car and have shells and what not around in it to give it the effect of it being at the beach, my mom still has some of the trophy's he won from the car. my mom was supposed to end up with the car but Dalford passed away when my mom was 12, so Dalford's brother got the car, and he ended up having to sell it some time in the 90's due to his own health issues, he tried to sell it to my mom but she couldn't afford to buy it back. I'm pretty sure a cousin or something of Dalford and his brother ended up with the car, if he owns it to this day i dont know, but i think the car is beautiful, i would love to see it in person (I've only seen pictures)

hello & welcome  , thanks for sharing the story , not to my taste  that charger & imo should of been  put back to stock  :Twocents: but can appreciat all the work that went into it !! deffo a radical custom job  :yesnod:
believe the car in is  germany now or belgum or netherlands  or somewhere around that area :-\ :shruggy: unless i'm getting confused with something else

Charger Stuff 

irwin_93

Quote from: tan top on June 01, 2013, 05:01:55 PM
hey, i just wanted to say that the Beachcomber was actually painted by my grandfather, Dalford Adkins, back in the 70's, and my grandmother, laticia actually sewed the interior. Dalford owned Adkins Kustom Body Shop in Ohio.  when my mom (Dalford's daughter, Tonya) was a kid,  she used to go to car shows with him where he set up a beach scene and had palm trees around all corners of the car (and had it roped off xD) then hang juicy fruit gum off of the trees for people to take and he would put sand around the car and have shells and what not around in it to give it the effect of it being at the beach, my mom still has some of the trophy's he won from the car. my mom was supposed to end up with the car but Dalford passed away when my mom was 12, so Dalford's brother got the car, and he ended up having to sell it some time in the 90's due to his own health issues, he tried to sell it to my mom but she couldn't afford to buy it back. I'm pretty sure a cousin or something of Dalford and his brother ended up with the car, if he owns it to this day i dont know, but i think the car is beautiful, i would love to see it in person (I've only seen pictures)

hello & welcome  , thanks for sharing the story , not to my taste  that charger & imo should of been  put back to stock  :Twocents: but can appreciat all the work that went into it !! deffo a redical custom job  :yesnod:
believe the car in is  germany now or belgum or netherlands  or somewhere around that area :-\ :shruggy: unless i'm getting confused with something else

yeah, ive never even met the my mom's uncle who was supposed to give it to her or the cousin who bought it, but when he bought it was around the late 90's or 2000. my mom actually has a news paper from ohio made in 2000 that had an article about the car and they interviewed the cousin. so i dont know if he's sold it since then or what, i wish i did know for sure. it just all that family is in ohio, and im in tennessee so i never really knew, nor did i see, much of them just what my mom has told me.  but with it being my grandfathers car and all i'd just hate to see that paint job redone, i agree its a bit tacky for a muscle car but its still just beautiful!

GOTWING

Two things, the ugly black 73-74 charger in ocean city has been like that for many years, I remember in the 80's that thing looked like that.
As far as the 70's custom beachcomber if I came across that car like that I would not change a thing for all the obvious reasons, it's a survivor of a lost era of custom street machines, custom vans, and disco. I would look at this before another all original charger .

Paasken

Quote from: irwin_93 on June 01, 2013, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: tan top on June 01, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

hello & welcome  , thanks for sharing the story , not to my taste  that charger & imo should of been  put back to stock  :Twocents: but can appreciat all the work that went into it !! deffo a redical custom job  :yesnod:
believe the car in is  germany now or belgum or netherlands  or somewhere around that area :-\ :shruggy: unless i'm getting confused with something else

yeah, ive never even met the my mom's uncle who was supposed to give it to her or the cousin who bought it, but when he bought it was around the late 90's or 2000. my mom actually has a news paper from ohio made in 2000 that had an article about the car and they interviewed the cousin. so i dont know if he's sold it since then or what, i wish i did know for sure. it just all that family is in ohio, and im in tennessee so i never really knew, nor did i see, much of them just what my mom has told me.  but with it being my grandfathers car and all i'd just hate to see that paint job redone, i agree its a bit tacky for a muscle car but its still just beautiful!
I am the owner of The Beachcomber and i live in Norway. The Beachcomber still have his original Paint an interior. I have changed Wheels to ET Turbine magnesium Wheels from the seventies. I also put the original charger 69 grill to the car. This car is a piece of the american muscle and show cars from the seventies and it will never be put back to original. Remember it is just one of this cars..Tons of Money have been invested.
I was happy when this Message shows up, and would like to contact Irwin and send him pics of the car
Paasken

tan top

hello & welcome Passken  :cheers: :cheers:  ,  thanks for the update  :coolgleamA:  good plan , putting the original type grill back  :2thumbs:

Charger Stuff 

Paasken

I know a lot about this cars and if you look at history they also paint superbird and cudas like this. In the seventies this was the story if you like it or not. All cars Back to stock is not the way. If you like cars and want to do something else for personal reasons just do it. THE BEACHCOMBER is a Piece of this history. They also make tv programs about customizing cars and motorcykles todagers
Paasken

skip68

Post a picture of it today.    :cheers:   Welcome to the site.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

think i remember seeing some  pictures of a  customised superbird somewhere long time ago  :scratchchin:
yes your right , there was loads of  radical custom jobs on muscle cars & vans  in the 70s , each owners individual taste on how he wants his ride to look  :yesnod:
yes the  Beachcomber charger is a part / peice of  70s customising  history  :yesnod: ,
have you got any old pictures of it from the 70s ?

Charger Stuff 

Old Moparz

Cool to read the story on the Beachcomber, I remember it online when it was for sale. I liked it because of of being a kid in the 60's & 70's & seeing many cars done like this.  :cheers:

Is it tacky?

Probably, but it's still cool.   :coolgleamA:

I have a couple of Poloroid SX-70 instant photos from a car show of a GTX that was done very similar to the Beachcomber, I'll have to hunt for them.   :shruggy:

The Charger with all the stuff glued to it? That isn't tacky, it's shitty.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Paasken

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 03, 2013, 06:43:22 AM
Cool to read the story on the Beachcomber, I remember it online when it was for sale. I liked it because of of being a kid in the 60's & 70's & seeing many cars done like this.  :cheers:

Is it tacky?

Probably, but it's still cool.   :coolgleamA:

I have a couple of Poloroid SX-70 instant photos from a car show of a GTX that was done very similar to the Beachcomber, I'll have to hunt for them.   :shruggy:

The Charger with all the stuff glued to it? That isn't tacky, it's shitty.   :lol:
Hi
Here are  fresh  pics of the beachcombers grill
Paasken

six-tee-nine

Well, you either like it or you dont, but we all will have to agree that this car is in top shape
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Plum Crazy 68

I came across this one on Goggle Earth and thought it was pretty tacky.  Not my style :eek2:

greenpigs

I like the beach comber, but wouldn't do mine up like it..make any sense.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

jeffadkins

To the guy from Norway that owns the beachcomer...I have all the info about this car my grandpa helped build this car cuz his brother Dalford Adkins owner of this car I have all the correct info on the car. Please call me so we can talk the whole family misses the car a lot and would love to talk to you about the car. We still can't get over how far the car is away from Ohio.

Jeffrey Dalford Adkins
1-606-359-3925
Call anytime no matter on time.