News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aggressive behavior around our Chargers

Started by RECHRGD, November 04, 2011, 02:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Quote from: 41husk on November 04, 2011, 06:47:34 PM
I have had people gey closer than I like gaulking or taking pics but never any intentional aggressivness.  I do hate when I park way out in the south forty of the lot , only to come out and have someone parked right next to me :brickwall:

Yup, been there done that.  I finally just gave in and started parking dead center between two parking spots.....way out in the south 40. 

Wife and I bought a new car back in June.  Less than 48 hours later, we got door dinged in a parking lot.  ($75.00 for paintless dent removal...)

It's like a magnet draws them to your lone car out there and forces them to hit it with their door!     :brickwall:   :flame:

Fred

Tell me about it. The wife parks her new car a mile away from the shops but sure enough............when she comes back there's some arse parked right there next to it!
Never fails..............new cars (or nice muscle cars) are definite magnets!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Fred on November 11, 2011, 11:20:33 PM
Tell me about it. The wife parks her new car a mile away from the shops but sure enough............when she comes back there's some arse parked right there next to it!

Several years ago I had just bought a brand new pickup truck.

So, I go to the local hardware/you fix it store, and park WAY out in the lot, away from everybody.

As I'm walking out to the truck, pushing my cart...

I see some big goon walking towards the store from the direction of my truck with a big shit eating grin

on his face.

He had parked his fairly nice, newer F150 about six inches from my driver's door.

No way I can get in...

I'll have to crawl through the passenger side...

Nice...

Real cute...

Let's just say I was EXTRA careful when loading my 10 foot lengths of copper water pipe I had just

bought... :flame:

ChargerST

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 12, 2011, 01:19:08 AM

So, I go to the local hardware/you fix it store, and park WAY out in the lot, away from everybody.

I see some big goon walking towards the store from the direction of my truck with a big shit eating grin

on his face.

He had parked his fairly nice, newer F150 about six inches from my driver's door.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

Let's just say I was EXTRA careful when loading my 10 foot lengths of copper water pipe I had just

I would have kicked in the valve of one of his tires. Doesn't destroy the tire but you have get a new valve. Gives him time to think about his actions when he has to change the tire just to get out of the parking lot...

drifter69

I think the thing with people at car shows is that some people have never been to one and do not know better. It is allways a good idea to put a sign out. This helps except for the wild kids running around. When I first took my wife to a show I had to grab her by the collar one time because she was about to lean on a roadrunner, I explained to her she was about to get yelled at and why. It is a education thing. :Twocents:

resq302

Quote from: ChargerST on November 12, 2011, 05:29:30 AM

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

I would have kicked in the valve of one of his tires. Doesn't destroy the tire but you have get a new valve. Gives him time to think about his actions when he has to change the tire just to get out of the parking lot...

Nah, this is why I carry a valve stem core remover!  Nice and quick, you just back it out enough that it starts to slowly leak so you are long gone by the time it does go flat.  So far I've had to use it twice!   :angel: :hah:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

Quote from: resq302 on November 12, 2011, 08:02:51 AM

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

Nah, this is why I carry a valve stem core remover!  Nice and quick, you just back it out enough that it starts to slowly leak so you are long gone by the time it does go flat.  So far I've had to use it twice!   :angel: :hah:

:scratchchin:  mmm!  food for thought. :D

Fred

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

I'm hijacking the sight here but tell me ChargerST, how do you cope with driving your big wide Charger on those narrow roads in Austria?

TK73

That s#!t happens to me all the time, try to park away so I can get in and out of the car and some F-tard parks right next to the driver door. with 50 other spaces to use.  :brickwall:

Last time was I parked way the F away from Home Depot and some tard in a foreign SUV parks right on my ass to where I would not be able to open the trunk if I had to. 50 other GD spaces around.  :fu:

damn, I'm pissed again about this stuff...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

69bronzeT5

Happens to me all the time too. The best was I took my Mustang to Walmart, parked at the end of the lot with no other cars near me. I come out to find a lifted beat to sh*t newer Ram covered in mud parked right beside my car. Then there was the Rottweiler barking at me and jumping around the box of the truck ::)

My dad told me about the time he had just gotten his '69 Ram Air 3 4 speed GTO painted (back in the early '90s). Went to the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition) and he paid for 2 spots so he could double park. Came out at the end of the night to find someone kicked in the door of the car. :brickwall: :RantExplode: :flame:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TK73

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

Do tell me the wire accidentally went down the paint...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ChargerST

Quote from: Fred on November 13, 2011, 01:21:07 AM
I'm hijacking the sight here but tell me ChargerST, how do you cope with driving your big wide Charger on those narrow roads in Austria?

Always a challenge.. I hate it when people drive in the middle of the road (oncoming traffic) that almost force me to drive on the sidewalk.. So far no aggressive behavior only stupid people.

btw. I really like my new Cadillac horns - I know, not mopar but these horns are just awesome ;)

six-tee-nine

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

I hate to damage someone elses stuff but when they do that They just ask for key scratches.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: TK73 on November 13, 2011, 02:43:14 AM

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

Do tell me the wire accidentally went down the paint...

Yes, every piece of copper pipe I loaded was somehow magically attracted to the side of his truck.

Repeatedly.

Freaky,huh? :shruggy:

Bobs69

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

I like that!  So just kick it dead on good and hard?

Bobs69

When I was in college (I wasn't driving the Charger) I carried multiple copies of these in my glove box.  And left them many times on peoples windshields.

http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2010/05/12/ADayin10Photos-09-PINP-thumb.jpg

RECHRGD

Quote from: Bobs69 on November 13, 2011, 11:29:05 AM
When I was in college (I wasn't driving the Charger) I carried multiple copies of these in my glove box.  And left them many times on peoples windshields.

I remember several years ago having something like that on my cars' windshield when leaving my motel room one morning.  Funny thing was that the parking lot had no lines painted and it was almost empty when I simply parked in front of my room like the other cars that were there.  Obviously, later, as the lot filled up, someone had squeezed in too tight or something.  But, the wrong car got blamed for it.  Kind of like when someone gets mad at you at a gas station because you didn't pull up to the last pump.  Not realizing that someone else could have been pumping gas there when you arrived.  You can't jump to conclusions based solely on what appears to be.....
13.53 @ 105.32

Cooter

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 07, 2011, 01:56:21 AM
Not the 1st time Cooter's made similar remarks.  Last time he was bad mouthing anybody who didn't do all the work on their ride from the beginning of purchase.

Due to my physical limitations I could take it personal if I thought his opinion mattered.

472 R/T SE, you know/knew damn good and well what I was talking bout. NEVER would I think that someone with a disibility could do all their own work since the original purchase. You just wanted to cast me in a bad light by replying as if I meant The Disabled.. Congrats, you have done that.

Afterall, unlike that hospital, you don't have to read my posts if you don't like it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: FLG on November 07, 2011, 12:20:34 AM
I think some of you guys might take Cooters "buy it now" thing wrong, i feel its more aimed at the non car people who have cash to blow so they buy a old car to flaunt around it, not the people who have worked hard to afford it and understand/respect your fellow gearhead, i think its mores so the people who had it handed to them. Which well, i dont have a problem if you had your car handed to you, its your attitude that matters. That goes back to what he was saying in terms of some people who buy these turn key cars having a bad attitude, not wanting to park next to the work in progress restoration at the car show because he/she feels their car is "more important" than the next guys, that because they own a 4 spd hemi they cant park next to the plain jane 318 cars. The people who feel the need to have there cars so numbers matching and so perfect that it needs to get trailered to the shows but than have a stuck up attitude, Im not knocking those people who want to restore there car meticulously, thats fine...but dont get pissed off when your parked next to the beat up rust bucket at a show and think your better than them.

Thats what cooter is getting at. The people who havent paid there dues and simply dont understand those who have. Theres those who say "Yes i spent 50k on my restored car, but admire those who work there ass off to restore a car themselves" and theres those who say "I spent 50k on my car, and its better than all of the other crap here....especially that POS one sitting in primer"

Thank You. It is refreshing to know there are some that don't take the most outspoken person on the board and simply TRY to cast him/her in a bad light with every single post....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bobs69

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 13, 2011, 11:44:48 AM

I remember several years ago having something like that on my cars' windshield when leaving my motel room one morning.  Funny thing was that the parking lot had no lines painted and it was almost empty when I simply parked in front of my room like the other cars that were there.  Obviously, later, as the lot filled up, someone had squeezed in too tight or something.  But, the wrong car got blamed for it.  Kind of like when someone gets mad at you at a gas station because you didn't pull up to the last pump.  Not realizing that someone else could have been pumping gas there when you arrived.  You can't jump to conclusions based solely on what appears to be.....

Ha aha.  Not likely me.  I'm in Ontario Canada and it's been a long time sice I had them.  By chance was it a colour photocopy?  Mine had a yellow background to it!

RECHRGD

Quote from: Bobs69 on November 13, 2011, 03:00:27 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on November 13, 2011, 11:44:48 AM

Ha aha.  Not likely me.  I'm in Ontario Canada and it's been a long time sice I had them.  By chance was it a colour photocopy?  Mine had a yellow background to it!

This was too long ago to remember much about the card and on the Oregon coast.  The only reason I still remember it was that it was the day I heard about the John Lennon murder.
13.53 @ 105.32

Sabre

on his face.

No way I can get in...

Nice...

Real cute...

I probably would have started my truck up, moved around to his driver side door.  I'd make sure to park 6 inches from it, leave a note asking him how does it feel.  All the while I would have left my truck there and do some more shopping.

Fred

Quote from: ChargerST on November 13, 2011, 07:36:19 AM
Quote from: Fred on November 13, 2011, 01:21:07 AM

Always a challenge.. I hate it when people drive in the middle of the road (oncoming traffic) that almost force me to drive on the sidewalk.. So far no aggressive behavior only stupid people.

btw. I really like my new Cadillac horns - I know, not mopar but these horns are just awesome ;)

Well if they (horns) get the idiot drivers off the road, I'd use them too.

Fred

Not talking charger's here but I do have a story to tell.

When I was 18 I bought my very first car (Holden Torana). I was so proud of my new possession so I took my Mum shopping.
When we were heading back to the car somebody had just parked next to me and as he was getting out of his, he opened his door so hard that he left a dint in mine. I called out to him and asked him to be a little more careful, after all this is a new car. He said if I didn't like that dint..........here's another one and sure enough the next minute I had two. Needless to say I was shocked and terribly upset that someone could do that to someone else's pride and joy. I worked hard to be able to get the deposit together and spent a few years paying it off. And even though it was over 30 years ago, I remember to this day the mean act of that low life and I sincerely hope that, by now he's got his comeuppance!
Mrs. Fred

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Cooter on November 13, 2011, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 07, 2011, 01:56:21 AM
Not the 1st time Cooter's made similar remarks.  Last time he was bad mouthing anybody who didn't do all the work on their ride from the beginning of purchase.

Due to my physical limitations I could take it personal if I thought his opinion mattered.

472 R/T SE, you know/knew damn good and well what I was talking bout. NEVER would I think that someone with a disibility could do all their own work since the original purchase. You just wanted to cast me in a bad light by replying as if I meant The Disabled.. Congrats, you have done that.

Afterall, unlike that hospital, you don't have to read my posts if you don't like it.

Really...I knew all that?  The way you come off with your holier than thou attitude I have no idea whether you're including disabled folks in your rants towards people who write checks or not.  I was just relaying my previous experience with you.  It had nothing to do with my disability. 
Honestly, it don't bother me much, I know what I'm capable of now & then.  I do have friends who have no business picking up a wrench, but the last thing I'd do is brow beat them for paying people.  People like them are the ones' I'm speaking for.

I don't know if you've ever thought about it, but when you say some of the shit you do people might not quite know how to take it.  Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.