News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aggressive behavior around our Chargers

Started by RECHRGD, November 04, 2011, 02:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 14, 2011, 01:43:07 AM

I don't know if you've ever thought about it, but when you say some of the shit you do people might not quite know how to take it.  Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

You're not the only one. The Billy Badass/Mr. Know-It-All routine (speaking of aggressive behavior) has kind of run its course though. For a while it bothered me but then I just figured it's just a guy with an inferiority complex trying to feel better. Got a co-worker just like that too. Came from another place with a plan to show everyone how it's done. So far no one has been impressed. Nobody asks him any questions because they don't want to sift through all the attitude to get the answer. Unfortunately you can't pick who you're going to ask here unless you send a PM.

b5blue

Ironic, a mechanic that disdains people who don't do their own repairs.  :scratchchin:

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

68r/t

Quote from: b5blue on November 14, 2011, 07:02:05 AM
Ironic, a mechanic that disdains people who don't do their own repairs.  :scratchchin:
Quote from: bull on November 14, 2011, 03:14:07 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 14, 2011, 01:43:07 AM

I don't know if you've ever thought about it, but when you say some of the shit you do people might not quite know how to take it.  Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.  

You're not the only one. The Billy Badass/Mr. Know-It-All routine (speaking of aggressive behavior) has kind of run its course though. For a while it bothered me but then I just figured it's just a guy with an inferiority complex trying to feel better. Got a co-worker just like that too. Came from another place with a plan to show everyone how it's done. So far no one has been impressed. Nobody asks him any questions because they don't want to sift through all the attitude to get the answer. Unfortunately you can't pick who you're going to ask here unless you send a PM.

I hope you trolls aren't getting on the bandwagon ;D

I have never had a bad experience driving the charger, always get lots of positive comments and the thumbs up.

Cooter

Ironic, a mechanic that disdains people who don't do their own repairs.  :scratchchin:

Read as you intended it, that's funny..(PS, It's "Distains" :icon_smile_wink:)..Now, there's one helluva difference between restoring cars and repairing everyday drivers...I hear you guys talk about how hard it is to even see the engine in some of these cars they buy, yet they still buy them none the less...No, mechanic and restoration are two different things....I can only hope I spoke it where people like Bull and 472RT SE's feeling's aren't hurt, as well as yours.

And for the record, People ask me questions all the time in PM's Bull, and I've yet to have one tell me anything like YOU guys seem to feel. Some will read nothing into my posts, (Afterall, FLG figured it correctly) some will read more into them. Therefore, for the latter, I have constructed what I feel is a very well written coverage for you in my signature. Again, feel free to have a nice day as there are people here that I consider freinds and some that don't matter. I haven't had a problem with you B5Blue, so I consider you in the afore mentioned.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Chris G.

Quote from: Cooter on November 14, 2011, 01:00:34 PM
Read as you intended it, that's funny..(PS, It's "Distains" :icon_smile_wink:)

I have constructed what I feel is a very well written coverage for you in my signature.

By reading the reply by poster herein, you agree to either agree with or disagree with afore mentioned posters views reguarding your thread.

PS- It's "regarding"....Just sayin'  :icon_smile_wink:

bull

And for the record, People ask me questions all the time in PM's Bull...

I don't doubt it. Who wants to be humiliated in public?

nh_mopar_fan

b5blue

Read as you intended it, that's funny..(PS, It's "Disdains" :icon_smile_wink:)..Now, there's one helluva difference between restoring cars and repairing everyday drivers...I hear you guys talk about how hard it is to even see the engine in some of these cars they buy, yet they still buy them none the less...No, mechanic and restoration are two different things....I can only hope I spoke it where people like Bull and 472RT SE's feeling's aren't hurt, as well as yours.

And for the record, People ask me questions all the time in PM's Bull, and I've yet to have one tell me anything like YOU guys seem to feel. Some will read nothing into my posts, (After-all, FLG figured it correctly) some will read more into them. Therefore, for the latter, I have constructed what I feel is a very well written coverage for you in my signature. Again, feel free to have a nice day as there are people here that I consider friends and some that don't matter. I haven't had a problem with you B5Blue, so I consider you in the a fore mentioned.
I went ahead and corrected your reply to me, it IS "disdain"....not "distain", that would be removing a stain from something.(At best.) "After-all" is two words, not one, as is "a fore". There are more corrections, but you'll learn more if you figure them out for yourself.
  I respect you and every other members right to have ANY opinion Cooter. I'll not blast away if they differ from mine regardless of how much, I'm here for the fellowship, not to debate opinion. Once again an interesting topic has been degraded with highjacking over opinions that differ.   :rotz: 

attaboy

I hardly ever have a problem when I take mine out.  Generally always get thumbs up or comments about how nice it looks and the memories it brings back.  However, sometimes I get a Mustang or ricer that feels the need to race.  I remember one time when a ricer pulled up along side and wanted to race.  I asked him what he had in it and he said something like 3.0 or 2.5 or some such size.  I laughed and told him that I have that same size as my starter motor.  He got pissed and screamed off belching gray smoke from his Folger's Coffee Can Exhaust Pipe. Too funny!

b5blue

I was talking to a ricer and he mentioned something about increased horse power and torque. I asked how his trans-axle had handled it? He perked up quickly that he had blown up 3 and wanted to know if there was a "fix"? I told him to try building a Mopar.  :lol:

Bobs69

Ah yes I remember now.  I was at the local Dairy Queen with my wife and 3 nephews.  I parked the Charger on an angle in front of the oil changing place next door on a sunday when they were closed.  I come out and see that I'm blocked in by an old van and a water barrel of a flower pot.

Well I went inside and could tell right away who looked like they drove the old van.  I approached him and his attitude set me right off.  I left, went back in, and you could see the looks on the faces of the two 20 year olds when they seen the intensity on the face of a man (me) who is in his 30's, has a job he hates, co-workers and a boss that he hates more.  Anyhow I got in his face when and interrupted his ordering ice cream (apparently I park like and idiot).  Well I tore him a new one, did everything to try and provoke him into doing something.  Didn't work.  I felt guilty a few days later.  Turns out one of my uncles new him and to his credit the old fart was older then I thought.  Anyhow long story short, I tore him a new one, insulted, recognized him as one of my ex-aunts short term business partners and ended up leaving and rolling that water barrel flower pot out of my way.

The most disappointing thing was that my wife said I should have rolled it behind his van and blocked him in.  I asked why she didn't tell me that before and she said she didn't want the nephews to see me do that.  Boy I was disappointed, I said honey!  We are suppose to be a team!  Tell me this shit when I'm not thinking!

It's been a few years, but you never know I still may roll something in his way if I get a chance to again!   Damn it why didn't I think of that on my own!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: drifter69 on November 12, 2011, 07:12:55 AM
I think the thing with people at car shows is that some people have never been to one and do not know better. It is allways a good idea to put a sign out. This helps except for the wild kids running around. When I first took my wife to a show I had to grab her by the collar one time because she was about to lean on a roadrunner, I explained to her she was about to get yelled at and why. It is a education thing. :Twocents:

I am with you on this one. Before I took my boys to their first car show I sat them down and went through the "rules" for car shows. Talked with them about why these are the rules too since they like to process that stuff too.  :lol:  I still work with them every now and then when they get excited but at least they know and understand how to behave at them. In the grand scheme of things it helps them learn respect and understand it's application.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Bobs69 on November 09, 2011, 01:09:40 AM
Quote from: freddyd02 on November 07, 2011, 11:00:28 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on November 07, 2011, 10:00:20 PM
The funny thing is, her Explorer probably doesn't get much more than 17mpg without the trailer.  My DD is an 05 Jeep Liberty and it only gets 20mpg on a 6-cyl.

For the thread, I've ever had any negative aggressive behavior, just horn honks and thumbs up.  I did get pulled over 12 years ago when I first bought her and had words with the cop, but that's a whole other story.

Do tell BananaDan  :lol:
Wait a minute just wait a minute.  Lets get another look at that blonde bending over the hood of the green car.

BananaDan

Nice pic Heavy!  But you made me drop my drink and now I have distain on my carpet.  :P
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

70rr 69ch

Ya had a young guy dog my roadrunner for two sets of lights.when I didn't take the bait he decided to show me just how fast he was,staring right at me and flooring it.he should have looked at the road because the traffic stopped in his lane.I could see him swaring in my mirror.one less rice burner :smilielol:

Bobs69

Quote from: 70rr 69ch on November 17, 2011, 02:34:19 AM
Ya had a young guy dog my roadrunner for two sets of lights.when I didn't take the bait he decided to show me just how fast he was,staring right at me and flooring it.he should have looked at the road because the traffic stopped in his lane.I could see him swaring in my mirror.one less rice burner :smilielol:

hahahahahaha.  Should we be laughing at someone else mis-furtune?  Well the kid was being idiotic.  hahaha.

elacruze

Quote from: Bobs69 on November 13, 2011, 11:29:05 AM
When I was in college (I wasn't driving the Charger) I carried multiple copies of these in my glove box.  And left them many times on peoples windshields.

http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2010/05/12/ADayin10Photos-09-PINP-thumb.jpg

Back in the '80s I worked in a print shop, the boss used to have us print those on 3M permanent adhesive stock so you could slap them on the driver windshield and let it bake in the sun for a while before they found it. Took 10 minutes with a razor to get them off!
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Bobs69

Quote from: elacruze on November 17, 2011, 08:51:17 AM
Quote from: Bobs69 on November 13, 2011, 11:29:05 AM
When I was in college (I wasn't driving the Charger) I carried multiple copies of these in my glove box.  And left them many times on peoples windshields.

http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2010/05/12/ADayin10Photos-09-PINP-thumb.jpg

Back in the '80s I worked in a print shop, the boss used to have us print those on 3M permanent adhesive stock so you could slap them on the driver windshield and let it bake in the sun for a while before they found it. Took 10 minutes with a razor to get them off!

Now that says something, that really shows you care and want to educate!  If the written message Mickey is holding doesn't register then the time spent scraping the crap off your windshield will!