News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are some antique insurance options?

Started by WH23G3G, November 03, 2011, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm looking to finally insure and tag my 73 Charger. I've checked with a couple ones that I saw in Hemmings Muscle Magazine. JC Taylor, Grundy, and Hagerty. Grundy won't insure my Charger for some reason I couldn't understand. JC Taylor seems to be the most affordable premium still with good coverage but seems like you won't ever get to enjoy your ride according to their rules. Hagerty seems to be the most popular with double the amount on the premium but seems to be a little more freedom with when you can drive it. I don't want to go with my daily driver insurance company because they don't value my Charger nearly what it should be in bad condition. Right now I'm at a value of $5000-$7000. Once it's painted and with all the trim and everything on I'll reappraise it. I'm ready to take it out for the first ride since redoing all mechanical and interior work. So any other options on antique insurance that's affordable and has good coverage?

BY RSCO

My regular insurance carrier offers Haggerty as an option for Classics - and it is very reasonable. It is not uncommon for an insurance company such as Farm Bureau, Allstate, etc. to somewhat "subcontract" out insurance in this manner, and it works well for the customer when done correctly. Hope this helps just a little.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have been with American Collectors Insurance for 15 years now....no complaints.

www.americancollectorsins.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Haggerty here as well, my local agent offers it as RSCO mentioned.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

5wndwcpe

I've had Haggerty for several years now with no complaints either.