News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger sideview mirrors ?

Started by fm3 70 rt, November 03, 2011, 05:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fm3 70 rt

are the 70 charger sideview sport mirrors the same as a body sport mirrors ? i know there are a lot of repops out there but i havent seen 70 charger ones yet. anyone know ? :shruggy:

Chryco Psycho

yes the Racing mirrors are the same for A& 70 B body

b5blue

If the mirrors you are thinking of are streamlined or bullet shaped they are referred to as "ralley mirrors" with an intentional misspelling of the word rally. Actually no, there's a slight difference on the passenger side, on the A body they are a mirror image of themselves, no pun intended. For 1970 only the passenger side mirror is angled much more for proper orientation for that body style also the shapes are not quite symmetrical. On the driver side the control cable is a good bit shorter for the remote function, the A bodies require the extra length to clear the door internals. If you do a search here there are pictures of the differences.
  Proper 1970 chrome ones are the most rare as most were painted body color for that year. The A body mirrors fit form and function just fine although the passenger side will most likely be at its extreme adjustment to be usable and the driver side cable will be a bit too long. The only reason I know all of this is because I happen to buy a correct 1970 mirror off eBay a few years ago. This had me confused for a while as it didn't match the driver side I already had. Members here steered me to information that showed I had just gotten lucky, buying a very correct part at a good price. Just so you know the small base gaskets are all the same, and some actually prefer having mirrors that are symmetric.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Yes that's it, I even ended up getting a painted type drivers side and selling the chrome one to a member here.  :cheers:

Kern Dog

It should also be noted that these mirrors were not available for the whole 1970 model year. They were phased in mid year.