News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another very sad day --for me.

Started by GTX, January 18, 2006, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Just recently in the thread about adopting dogs I mentioned that my dog was declining in health.

This morning she passed away. :rotz: :bawling:
We were really afraid that we would have to have her put down since she was getting quite frail but she died quietly and peacefully at home this morning.
Yesterday at this time she was out in the snow rollling and having fun. We really had no signs of it coming but by coincidence we took her for a long ride in the car which of course was one of her favorite things to do. Last night I gave her some of her favorite treats and some milk and she went to bed. This morning she was ok like any other day but when I checked on her later she was breathing just a little hard, 15 minutes later she died quietly.

I am so glad I didn't have to make the decision to take her in to be put down and it was easy on her and natural but it's still so damn hard to deal with.

Rest in peace Shadow, we will never forget the best dog we ever had and my best friend ever. :angel:
Who will work out in the garage at night with me now??

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7590.0.html

Big Sugar

Wow Thats a Heartbreaker !! Be Thankfull you got to do the things you did with her for the last chapter of her life. Sounds like you had a Great Dog ! Be thankfull you got to spend part of your life with her.
Better Days will come Again.

Smile

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Blown70

Sorry to hear.  Sound like she was a great dog...

Tom

BigBlockSam

Rest in peace Shadow, she was a lucky dog to have a family that cared for her so much and you had a very special friend. me and my wife are truely sorry for your loss. Rene +Nurit
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

emily

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's one of the hardest, saddest things. 

Peace to you Shadow, my love to your human family.

em

TruckDriver

Quote from: Big Sugar on January 18, 2006, 05:38:09 PM
Wow Thats a Heartbreaker !! Be Thankfull you got to do the things you did with her for the last chapter of her life. Sounds like you had a Great Dog ! Be thankfull you got to spend part of your life with her.
Better Days will come Again.
:iagree:

I got a tear in my eye reading this :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

psykicpup

Having recently lost one of my 'family' my heart goes out to you
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

rebelgtp

very sorry to hear about your loss.  i was just told last night that my partner (i'm a detection dog handler on the side) had to be put down this week.

nh_mopar_fan

My sympathies. I've put a dog to sleep because we had no choice. One of the hardest things I have ever done.

Old Moparz

Sorry to hear this about your dog, pets are always unconditionally our best friends.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Chris G.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. :'(  I'm glad she felt no pain. It's amazing how much these doggies (and Cats) can melt your heart.

We did some similar things for our pup. We took her to the beach, which she loved and 24hrs later she was gone because of cancer. It's tough even typing this, and it's been over 2 years. Again, sorry for your loss.

adauto

Man I can relate to your pain! We've been down this road twice at our house. We've always had German Sheperds.. God made them the most loyal dogs on earth. I never cried at a family funeral. But it was a differnt story when I lost my dogs. (10 years apart but not any easyier). Our current one -Junior- is 3 and a half I dread the day....................... 
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

472 R/T SE

Sorry to hear man.  It's just as sad hearing about pets passing sometimes as a fellow human.  I'm taking my little feline :Cuda: in tomorrow hoping it's nothing serious.

CB

After 4 months I still feel the pain of loosing my best friend (see below).
I feel sorry for you!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger Aficionado

Silver R/T

feel bad for u. sorry. Hope you find another great dog to keep you happy
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

96dacia

I only had 1 dog till now, and I`ll never get another one. I bought it when it was 4 months old, and died at 9 months. He had belive it or not CANCER ! ( it was a Canadian black sheppard and I had tu put him down )

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

41husk

Sorry to here that you will not try again.  Give it a little time and then see how you feel.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

4402tuff4u

Sorry to hear that you lost your best friend. She was a beautiful shepard! I love the black German shepards, they are awesome looking. Sorry again.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

That's hard news to hear, it's terrible to lose a beloved part of the family. I'm glad she had a good family who loved & cared for her, not all animals are so lucky.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Telvis

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I lost the best dog I ever had about 14 years ago. I still think about her. I have her picture on my refrigerator. Those who have never had a truly loyal dog cannot understand the bond.

Darkness

Johnny SixPack

They definitely find ways into our hearts, and souls.

Never gets any easier, but the time spent together is worth more than anything.

You have my sympathies and prayers.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!