News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Made something cool

Started by chargd72, November 02, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Picked up this 1961 GMC truck grille off ebay.  Rewired it to take AC voltage and put a dimmer switch on it so it doesn't blind you.  It's hanging over my living room couch now and looks awesome.  Thought you guys might enjoy.   :2thumbs:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Dino

Hahaa that's pretty nifty!  Good job!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

oldcarnut

That's creative.  Cool thinking there  :2thumbs:  How did you change out the bulbs in the back? 

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chargd72

Thanks guys!

Quote from: oldcarnut on November 02, 2011, 10:04:08 AM
How did you change out the bulbs in the back?  

That part was the biggest pain.  It took ordering and sending back 3 sets of lights.  Finally found the correct ones.  They're side prong flood lights so they're flat enough to slide right in.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

bajaherbie

either you are single or you have a cool wife....

67440chrg

I agree you must be single.If I were to get away with hanging it over my couch the couch would have to be in my garage. It is cool.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

chargd72

Quote from: bajaherbie on November 02, 2011, 05:35:54 PM
either you are single or you have a cool wife....

Quote from: 67440chrg on November 02, 2011, 06:34:51 PM
I agree you must be single.If I were to get away with hanging it over my couch the couch would have to be in my garage. It is cool.

Haha, I am recently married.  The wife is cool with it but probably only because she hasn't been dealing with it long enough to get annoyed.  I'm sure my time with doing this kind of stuff is running out.

mysil bergsprekken

Nice!!!  I was thinking something similar with a 69 charger grille, but then again they don't come about very often, if ever...
69 charger RT