News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Harmonic Balancer and CS timing gear

Started by xpbprox, October 30, 2011, 09:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

Are both in concurrence but the balancer was off about an 1/8-1/4 when I checked it with a piston stop. The motor was just rebuilt, should I take the water pump and timing cover off (that I just put on) to align the crank in accordance with what the piston stop is reading. It's still on the engine stand.....

xpbprox

Bump, I think I know what I should do but it's a pain

Chryco Psycho

no , you needto either adjust the marker on the timing cover or put a new mark on the damper

xpbprox

Ok I'll buy some timing tape and do that, but what about the dots on the timing gears. They were both in line with each other when I installed them. Would I have to do anything about that, now that I found TDC. Like adjusting the cam degree? Since the crank timing gear is not accurate.

Chryco Psycho

I always degree cams when i install them , the pin on the cam can be off position so I always check & correct , that may have nothing to do with the balancer being off though , if the crank key is out of position in the crank it will , if it is a problem with the balancer it wont .