News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's snowing in October.

Started by BananaDan, October 29, 2011, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Well, as usual I assumed the weathermen had dropped acid when they said we were supposed to get snow today, but no.  It just started snowing in northern Jersey on October 29th.  Crazy.   :rotz:  So much for taking the car out one last time this weekend before her hibernation and winter projects teardown.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Todd Wilson

Looks like it could be bad.............

71ChallengeHer

I planned to get the Challenger out too. The plan was to have my friends take the headers off.  :pity:

BrianShaughnessy

Just started up my way.     :P
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

ACUDANUT

Colorado got hit with 12 plus inches, not counting the summit and ski areas. :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Here's some in Ct. Trees and branches are dropping because the snow is pilling on the leaves that are still on the trees.  I already have a huge branch on my lawn that the town had to cut up because it was across the road.  And it's that wet heavy stuff.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

5wndwcpe

It was supposed to start out as rain here NW of Philly, but that's not how it happened.  It was snowing like a banshee at 9:00a.m. and hasn't let up yet.

jb666

Yeah.. This sucks... We had a big photo shoot planned for tomorrow. Lots of prep went into it.. Then a friggin' SNOW STORM???? WTF...

Anyways... I'm on the Southern section that RIGHT NOW might get nothing but heavy rain and 50 MPH winds.. So we'll see what the morning looks like...

Then, almost 60 and sunny all week... Yep... that's New England for ya...  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

But, if they salt/sand around here... The season is prematurely OVER.....  :eek2:

bobs66440

Yeah, we have at least 6 inches now with no sign of it stopping.  :brickwall:

jb666

Quote from: bobs66440 on October 29, 2011, 03:53:34 PM

OUCH. Where are you located?

FLG

Please no salt!!!!

I dont think they will, temps arent low enough  :coolgleamA:

1969chargerrtse

6 to 10 coming in Ct.  
Never seen leaves with snow?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on October 29, 2011, 03:59:26 PM
Please no salt!!!!

I dont think they will, temps arent low enough  :coolgleamA:

Keep tellin' yourself that , Frank...

It's 45 here right now.. That's going to change.

TUFCAT

I was thinking about all of you Eastern and New England friends this morning when I watched the forecast.  I actually told my wife "I wonder if my friend Bryan from New Hampshire is putting snow tires on his Charger to get a little extra time behind the wheel" ;)

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 29, 2011, 03:29:20 PM
Here's some in Ct. Trees and branches are dropping because the snow is pilling on the leaves that are still on the trees.  I already have a huge branch on my lawn that the town had to cut up because it was across the road.  And it's that wet heavy stuff.

Rob, that totally sucks. I really hope it melts before Halloween for your kids sake. What a bummer.  :down:

Dan, that map was funny as hell!  :smilielol: :smilielol:

bobs66440

Quote from: jb666 on October 29, 2011, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: bobs66440 on October 29, 2011, 03:53:34 PM

OUCH. Where are you located?
About 60 miles NW of NY City.

69 OUR/TEA

I'm right in the middle of it to,alot of my friends around me have already lost power,I hope mine holds out ,we just did our grocery shopping yestereday to,full fridge and freezer !!!!But I do have a generator that can run them,bought it the last hurricane Irene.

A383Wing

you guys can keep it.....talked to my son in Maine a bit ago....he has a little over a foot and it's still coming down

I'll keep my rain in NW Washington

Bryan

NHCharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 29, 2011, 04:10:14 PM
"I wonder if my friend Bryan from New Hampshire is putting snow tires on his Charger to get a little extra time behind the wheel" ;)

Bryan and I hooked up for our last cruise of the year last Sunday. What a difference a week makes. We're expecting 6-12" by morning.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ODZKing

Yeah, for once the snow capital of the North East (Syracuse) is only going to get a dusting overnight, that's all.
But that is only holding off the inevitable.  It's gonna happen eventually.   :brickwall:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on October 29, 2011, 05:34:13 PM
I'm right in the middle of it to,alot of my friends around me have already lost power,I hope mine holds out ,we just did our grocery shopping yestereday to,full fridge and freezer !!!!But I do have a generator that can run them,bought it the last hurricane Irene.
We lost power.  Thank god I have a 4k generator that runs on propane.  If I didn't I wouldn't be writing this right now.
I have lots of tree work to do when it warms up.

BrianShaughnessy

Lost power last nite.
Said screw it and went to bed.

Free wifi at mcdonalds for breakfast.

Gonna go fire up generator maybe when the wimmin wake up...   probably only another 2, 3 or 4 hours till that happens  :eyes:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

jb666

Wow, guys... I feel for you.

I prepped for hours yesterday. I was ready. Woke up this morning to BARELY a dusting.... Strong winds, heavy rain. But that's it. 30 minutes away they got 22".

69 OUR/TEA

I'm very fortunate,did'nt lose power.Trees down everywhere,not pretty.