News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's snowing in October.

Started by BananaDan, October 29, 2011, 09:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Well, as usual I assumed the weathermen had dropped acid when they said we were supposed to get snow today, but no.  It just started snowing in northern Jersey on October 29th.  Crazy.   :rotz:  So much for taking the car out one last time this weekend before her hibernation and winter projects teardown.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Todd Wilson

Looks like it could be bad.............

71ChallengeHer

I planned to get the Challenger out too. The plan was to have my friends take the headers off.  :pity:

BrianShaughnessy

Just started up my way.     :P
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BananaDan

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

ACUDANUT

Colorado got hit with 12 plus inches, not counting the summit and ski areas. :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Here's some in Ct. Trees and branches are dropping because the snow is pilling on the leaves that are still on the trees.  I already have a huge branch on my lawn that the town had to cut up because it was across the road.  And it's that wet heavy stuff.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

5wndwcpe

It was supposed to start out as rain here NW of Philly, but that's not how it happened.  It was snowing like a banshee at 9:00a.m. and hasn't let up yet.

jb666

Yeah.. This sucks... We had a big photo shoot planned for tomorrow. Lots of prep went into it.. Then a friggin' SNOW STORM???? WTF...

Anyways... I'm on the Southern section that RIGHT NOW might get nothing but heavy rain and 50 MPH winds.. So we'll see what the morning looks like...

Then, almost 60 and sunny all week... Yep... that's New England for ya...  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

But, if they salt/sand around here... The season is prematurely OVER.....  :eek2:

bobs66440

Yeah, we have at least 6 inches now with no sign of it stopping.  :brickwall:

jb666

Quote from: bobs66440 on October 29, 2011, 03:53:34 PM

OUCH. Where are you located?

FLG

Please no salt!!!!

I dont think they will, temps arent low enough  :coolgleamA:

1969chargerrtse

6 to 10 coming in Ct.  
Never seen leaves with snow?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on October 29, 2011, 03:59:26 PM
Please no salt!!!!

I dont think they will, temps arent low enough  :coolgleamA:

Keep tellin' yourself that , Frank...

It's 45 here right now.. That's going to change.

TUFCAT

I was thinking about all of you Eastern and New England friends this morning when I watched the forecast.  I actually told my wife "I wonder if my friend Bryan from New Hampshire is putting snow tires on his Charger to get a little extra time behind the wheel" ;)

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 29, 2011, 03:29:20 PM
Here's some in Ct. Trees and branches are dropping because the snow is pilling on the leaves that are still on the trees.  I already have a huge branch on my lawn that the town had to cut up because it was across the road.  And it's that wet heavy stuff.

Rob, that totally sucks. I really hope it melts before Halloween for your kids sake. What a bummer.  :down:

Dan, that map was funny as hell!  :smilielol: :smilielol:

bobs66440

Quote from: jb666 on October 29, 2011, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: bobs66440 on October 29, 2011, 03:53:34 PM

OUCH. Where are you located?
About 60 miles NW of NY City.

69 OUR/TEA

I'm right in the middle of it to,alot of my friends around me have already lost power,I hope mine holds out ,we just did our grocery shopping yestereday to,full fridge and freezer !!!!But I do have a generator that can run them,bought it the last hurricane Irene.

A383Wing

you guys can keep it.....talked to my son in Maine a bit ago....he has a little over a foot and it's still coming down

I'll keep my rain in NW Washington

Bryan

NHCharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 29, 2011, 04:10:14 PM
"I wonder if my friend Bryan from New Hampshire is putting snow tires on his Charger to get a little extra time behind the wheel" ;)

Bryan and I hooked up for our last cruise of the year last Sunday. What a difference a week makes. We're expecting 6-12" by morning.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ODZKing

Yeah, for once the snow capital of the North East (Syracuse) is only going to get a dusting overnight, that's all.
But that is only holding off the inevitable.  It's gonna happen eventually.   :brickwall:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on October 29, 2011, 05:34:13 PM
I'm right in the middle of it to,alot of my friends around me have already lost power,I hope mine holds out ,we just did our grocery shopping yestereday to,full fridge and freezer !!!!But I do have a generator that can run them,bought it the last hurricane Irene.
We lost power.  Thank god I have a 4k generator that runs on propane.  If I didn't I wouldn't be writing this right now.
I have lots of tree work to do when it warms up.

BrianShaughnessy

Lost power last nite.
Said screw it and went to bed.

Free wifi at mcdonalds for breakfast.

Gonna go fire up generator maybe when the wimmin wake up...   probably only another 2, 3 or 4 hours till that happens  :eyes:

jb666

Wow, guys... I feel for you.

I prepped for hours yesterday. I was ready. Woke up this morning to BARELY a dusting.... Strong winds, heavy rain. But that's it. 30 minutes away they got 22".

69 OUR/TEA

I'm very fortunate,did'nt lose power.Trees down everywhere,not pretty.

BananaDan

Wow Rob, you got hammered way worse than us.  We fared ok in NJ.  I got maybe 4-5" altogether, but it is melting fast already with only 2-3" visible now in places.  No major trees down or power outages near me, but some friends in NNJ are without power.  The highlight of the storm was heading out for dinner at a Japanese Hibachi place with some friends, my son's first time.  It blew his mind.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I only got 1-2" here in NYC...power surged for a second....nothing major
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

19" here in West Milford, NJ.   Damn weather men said on Fri morning at 6 AM, just a dusting then by 10 AM went to 3-6, then by noon was at 4-8, then by dinner it was 6-10.  Funny how it went from 6-10 and then 8+ with it turning out to be a total of 19".

Where can I get a job like that, be wrong 50% of the time and still retain my job and get paid a hell of a lot more than a police dispatchers salary?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BrianShaughnessy

Got generator going.   Had a wrong 220 plug on the home made cord... up to home depot and back.   Apparently they sold out of about 80 generators yesterday...
I'm sure many will be returned the next few days.

Streets around me have power...   saw a central hudson pickup with 2 workers driving around at 830am surveying damage.   I guess they have to send a work truck to reset the transformer on my street?

Anyway,  utilized the ice and snow on the tree branches to trim the front cherry trees holding the top branches down low.

chargermike

had 2 feet at my place here in colorado. still have 7 inches on ground. rode my snowmobile for the first time this year. welcome winter. but it's colorado the sun is out and gonna be a beautiful day in the high 60s. take the charger out later
:2thumbs:

Old Moparz

This weather really blows, I had to shovel my roof since it isn't done & I still have all the brackets & planks up there with one area under a tarp. If it melts & refreezes I'd be totally screwed with the planks of wood acting as intentional ice dams.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 30, 2011, 02:26:22 PM
This weather really blows, I had to shovel my roof since it isn't done & I still have all the brackets & planks up there with one area under a tarp. If it melts & refreezes I'd be totally screwed with the planks of wood acting as intentional ice dams.   ::)
I'll never shovel mine again.  Broke my back doing my roof last year.  My boss let his sit.  It leaked in the house and went down some walls.  He calls the insurance company, and gets a 10,000.00 dolar check.  I kid you not.  He had the entire house repainted inside.

The70RT

Hanging tough here in Kansas....barely had a frost. It's been mostly 60-70 for the last six weeks after record heat over the summer. I feel for you guys, we had too much snow last year.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brads70

Wow you guys should move up to the "tropics" up here in Canada? :D  My inlaws live in Mifflinburg PA and they said they had 6" on the ground.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: BananaDan on October 30, 2011, 09:47:15 AM
Wow Rob, you got hammered way worse than us.  We fared ok in NJ.  I got maybe 4-5" altogether, but it is melting fast already with only 2-3" visible now in places.  No major trees down or power outages near me, but some friends in NNJ are without power.  The highlight of the storm was heading out for dinner at a Japanese Hibachi place with some friends, my son's first time.  It blew his mind.
Power still out and trees still across the roads.  Kinda planning on the power being out for 3 or 4 days.  Last time it took a week.  I run a 4k generator off a 6 hp engine off my propane tank.  I shut it down every 6 or so hours to check the oil.  Propane is the way to go, I never have to run outside with a gas can every 2-5 hours like most gas units.  I can run my coal stove, frig, furnace and lights and tv.  To use the micro or toaster oven we unplug the frig.
Check out my home made exhaust system.  The neighbors love it.  It used to be real loud with the factory small cheap muffler.  The old car muffler was in a dumpster, I run the exhaust in backwards but it works.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

My gas Generator will run 12 hours on one tank of gas.  :cheers:

Vainglory, Esq.

We here in Minnesota are outside in t-shirts doing the schadenfreude dance with the weather in the mid-50s.

Hey, we take what we can get.

BananaDan

Damn Brian, 19"?  That sucks royally.

NHCharger

I'm posting from work since we lost cable Saturday night and still don't have it. Only 5-6" of snow and 12 hours of no power. Western part of the State got slammed. Jaffery, NH got 31.4"
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nh_mopar_fan

Our entire town is still out. No idea when we'll get it back.

I'm putting a full house generator (propane) at the top of my list for next summer.  :yesnod:

Seems like we do this extended power outage thing almost evey year now.  :brickwall:

Old Moparz

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 30, 2011, 05:25:46 PM

I'll never shovel mine again.  Broke my back doing my roof last year.  My boss let his sit.  It leaked in the house and went down some walls.  He calls the insurance company, and gets a 10,000.00 dolar check.  I kid you not.  He had the entire house repainted inside.

On the surface that may sound like an interesting way to deal with it, but I'd hate to deal with any of the added headaches that go with it. Like calling the insurance company & filing claims that will raise rates, arguing over what is actually damaged, & then having to babysit whatever nimrod shows up & claims to be a professional contractor.   ::)

Power came back after about 24 hours for me, so we got off easy compared to some.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Dart

Gotta love New England. Saturday I was out enjoying the day in my Charger looking at the fall leaves, nice day for a drive, then Saturday afternoon, Snow! Lots of snow. Power has been out since Saturday and running on generator since then. They say we will be out of power for several more days. All you can hear around here is chainsaws and generators running. Fortunately my generator runs for 12 hours on a tank of gas - now just have to find a station that has power so I can get more gas! BTW, live in western Mass.  :'(

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

TeeWJay426

Got well over a foot where I am- west of Nashua on the Mass border in NH. Power went out Saturday; prediction is 3-5 days before it's back. Once I finally am back working again, I'm making the investment in a generator. This s**t is getting old. Was in central NY over the weekend when it hit; couldn't believe the trees broken on the side of the road on the Mass Pike. Bunches of electrical trucks heading east also, although none of 'em seemed to find their way to Brookline, NH yet. Supposed to get back up to the 50's during the week also.... probably all the snow will be melted away by the weekend. Schizophrenic New England weather....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

bobs66440

Thousands of people here still without power. No power at work so I came back home. I may have to stay home tomorrow also if it doesn't come back on. This is a disaster for a lot of people. We were lucky and didn't lose power.

69 OUR/TEA

One big problem around me is,gas stations shut down without power to pump !!!!All the rest have sold out of what they had,ones that did'nt have cars 40 deep waiting in line,scary!!!

bobs66440

Yes. I'll tell you. We really take it for granted.

resq302

Bob, at least they are calling for a min of 50 degrees during this whole week with a chance of rain on fri.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69 OUR/TEA

WTH,5 days in and now I lose power !!!!! Now my generator I bought from Irene is coming to use again. ;D

Chryco Psycho

I will never miss winter or have a desire to return to it

69 OUR/TEA

And............back on,that was quick !!!!!!

resq302

they probably had to turn off the circut to reconnect a wire somewhere.  I had that happen on Tues. morning.
Brian