News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What shocks with SS springs?

Started by JerseyJoe, October 28, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyJoe

Did I hear somewhere that longer shocks are needed when using super stock springs? If so what would you recommend?  :cheers:

Ghoste

I believe the need for the longer shock was to allow as much suspension travel as possible when launching the car at a dragstrip.  Not sure if they are needed because of extra camber in the spring though.

HPP

It is both the extra camber and travel that necessitate the extra length shocks. The old trck was to use Imperal units. Now days a popular choice is a Rancho RS9000 adjustable unit for a full size truck from the mid 70s.

However be mindful of how much travel your combo produces. It is possible to overextend the rear and bottom out the shocks, thus ruining them, or overextending u-joints operating range and blowing them apart.

JerseyJoe

Thanks for the replies, it is a 99% street car, 493" / 4 speed. It doesn't sound like I need to worry about killer dragstrip launches  :D

Chryco Psycho

QA1 has factory fit double adjustable shocks