News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ebay charger red flags

Started by charger01, October 25, 2011, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

XP   matching numbers hemi   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   never opens the hood   :smilielol: 

scary car on top of that and a one owner    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Cooter

"rare factory Gator Grain top".....I know My eyes are getting bad, but i swear I can't see it? Anybody else?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Back seat and "console" reminds me of an elephant...

FC7 V code

That interior is just so......wrong :'(
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68X426

Quote from: Cooter on October 25, 2011, 11:23:31 AM
"rare factory Gator Grain top".....I know My eyes are getting bad, but i swear I can't see it? Anybody else?

There's no top on it. Ain't there.

Maybe the interior headliner is Gator.  :lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

Bet someone still gets sucked in though.

Nacho-RT74

all small pics... LOL

whoever is the car, interesting interior JOB... not sure If I like or not, but interesting for sure. I would build similar stuff but kinda diff... LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

xpbprox

Well the thing that stood out the most to me was that the seller has 0 ratings  :Twocents:

bill440rt

Quote from: xpbprox on October 25, 2011, 12:58:27 PM
Well the thing that stood out the most to me was that the seller has 0 ratings  :Twocents:

Not only that, he's been an eBay member since '05, has has neither sold nor bought anything since that time.

Vehicle location says Whiting, NJ. Sure ain't seen that thing cruisin' the streets of NJ or at any local shows/cruises around here that's for sure.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

NO VIN # on dash :popcrn:

Also, for all the pics online, none underhood: http://www.stellarautoplex.com/web/vehicle_photos/835114

Chandler, AZ dealer:

QuoteStellar Autoplex was founded on a simple motto "Today's modern dealership offering customer service of the past". In today's day and age sometimes the most important things are overlooked. Many dealers offer inventory for sale but often overlook the customer relationship. We want to have a relationship with all of our customers to insure that you feel comfortable with your purchase. Stellar Autoplex prides itself on the ability to find one of a kind inventory that is in excellent condition. We do not buy whatever gets in our way. We hand select our vehicles one by one. Our president Justin Umbs has 20 years of experience in the auto retail industry. Justin is also a serious car collector and knows the difference between what is right and wrong. Justin has won multiple awards and has had many of his projects featured in national Magazines. Justin is an avid drag racer currently running a nostalgic 1955 Chevrolet Gasser wagon named "Sneaky Tiki". Stellar Autoplex is 100% committed to helping our buyers through all aspects of their transaction. We accurately describe our inventory and provide extensive photos to ensure your confidence. All of our vehicles receive a pre-delivery inspection to make sure that your new vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition. We cannot wait to make your vehicle buying experience a satisfying one. You can contact our staff at 480.785.0058. Monday-Friday 10-6, Saturday by appointment and Sunday we are closed. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. Make it a great day.

charger01

I don't know, but if it is a numbers matching 426 hemi engine. would it really have power brakes , power steering and factory ac? :shruggy:

70 Charger RT

VIN says it's a 69 and the car has a loop bumper.  Pictures remind me of a die-cast model.  Hmmmmmmmmmm.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Dans 68

I'm guessing the factory A/C, power brakes and steering are all from the 318 car that was the base of this build. The description mentions a factory 4-barrel carburetor and intake...I thought there were two factory 4-barrels on a Hemi.  :scratchchin:   :icon_smile_wink:

My Godfather told me a story about a car that he had for sale, a long time ago. It was parked in front of his house, and had a for sale sign in the amount of $25. A man came by and couldn't believe it. "Only $25?" My Godfather said yes, that is what he wanted. Money changed hands, and the new owner sat down to start the car. When it wouldn't turn over, he asked my Godfather for a push down the hill so he could bump start it. When that didn't work the new owner opened the hood and found out that the engine was missing. Naturally he was a bit upset.  :rofl:  My Godfathers reply was "what did you expect for $25?"

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ChargerSG

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 25, 2011, 02:10:52 PM
My Godfather told me a story about a car that he had for sale, a long time ago. It was parked in front of his house, and had a for sale sign in the amount of $25. A man came by and couldn't believe it. "Only $25?" My Godfather said yes, that is what he wanted. Money changed hands, and the new owner sat down to start the car. When it wouln't turn over, he asked my Godfather for a push down the hill so he could bump start it. When that didn't work the new owner opened the hood and found out that the engine was missing. Naturally he was a bit upset. My Godfathers reply was "what did you expect for $25?"

:icon_smile_big: that was a good story
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

68X426

There are 36,942 pictures at that website. Not one of the motor.  :eek2:

Maybe they can't open the hood. You know, a remote control security lock hood that they f'd up, and now can't open the hood.

Ebay shows vin as XP29G9B340. No plate on dash. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, isn't that "G" a 318 in a 70, and a 383 in a 69?

Is the car in Jersey or is it in Arizona?

The AZ ad says SEMA car. Has it ever been seen before? Anywhere?

What a wreck of an ad.  :lol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Dans 68

Good question. Yep, in '69 a "G" designation meant a 383 2-bbl while in '70 it meant a 318. I wonder what year it really is? Maybe it is a chimera?  :eek2:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 68X426 on October 25, 2011, 02:29:08 PM
There are 36,942 pictures at that website. Not one of the motor.  :eek2:

Maybe they can't open the hood. You know, a remote control security lock hood that they f'd up, and now can't open the hood.

Ebay shows vin as XP29G9B340. No plate on dash. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, isn't that "G" a 318 in a 70, and a 383 in a 69?

Is the car in Jersey or is it in Arizona?

The AZ ad says SEMA car. Has it ever been seen before? Anywhere?

What a wreck of an ad.  :lol:

Funny thing is, the car was easy to find w/ a quick Google search...

Re: a "SEMA" show car, it's actually VERY easy to get a car placed at SEMA  :yesnod: Not adding as a selling point for me...

Tilar

What in the sam hell is this?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Darkman

I'm all for modified Chargers.

I was also raised to believe that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all....so my mouth is shut on this one.

The exterior doesn't look bad though

Maybe they should get a big red flag, cover the car with it then store it for eternity
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

jaak

I think the most crazy thing about this eBay ad is, four people has actually bid on it. (as of 6 p.m. 10/25/11)

Jason

chrisII

there is a sucker born every day