News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What rims do I have? Magnum? Rallye? Other?

Started by Dino, October 24, 2011, 10:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I am so confused about the names of these things.  They have separate brushed trim rings, not chrome.  These are 14 inch wheels with 215 tires and I'm thinking of leaving the fronts on but changing the rears out for 15x8's (ish) with 275 tires.  That should give it a nice stance.  Not sure if the 14" spare tire would get me far if one blows though....

Does anyone sell these new or used?

Eventually I will may put all 15" steel wheels on it but for now it should do just fine, the wheels are pretty nice so maybe a combo of 14 and 15" would look nice.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

maxwellwedge

Road Wheels. They went with the brushed trim ring in 69 - up. Before that - that area was chrome.

I am thinking the handling will suffer with the 2 different sized wheels.

Dino

Road wheels!  Great!

You're probably right about the handling, I'll just get a new set of all 15", whatever rim I end up with.

Thanks!

maxwellwedge

Road wheels look like the magnums....which is a generic/Ford kind of name.

71charger

I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Dino

I'd go for just about anything 15" right now, these 14's are just too dinky.  I've been looking on CL for Cragar SS, Magnum 500's, Keystone, Torque Thrust and the plain jane steel wheels but can't find much in 7" and 8" wide.  Plus I'm cheap so I don't want to spend too much.  I really like the wheels I have, they're just too small and skinny.

71charger

I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.