News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 11:04:43 PM
giants played well today. they deserved the win :2thumbs: now they got san fran to deal with. :yesnod:
:hah: GO NINERS  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

71bee

Quote from: Budnicks on January 16, 2012, 04:23:16 PM
giants played well today. they deserved the win :2thumbs: now they got san fran to deal with. :yesnod:

The Niners have my Utes ol' QB, so I gotta root for 'frisco, but I bet the Giants take this one.  :shruggy:

Budnicks

Quote from: 71bee on January 17, 2012, 03:09:42 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 16, 2012, 04:23:16 PM

The Niners have my Utes ol' QB, so I gotta root for 'frisco, but I bet the Giants take this one.  :shruggy:
We'll soon see... Go Alex Smith & the 49er's defense....

nvrbdn

the giants played great football last weekend. but manning is like a water faucet. one day hes hot and the next he is cold. which manning will show up for that game? we have already seen what happens to a football team when a manning cant do his job. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BananaDan

:shruggy:

Eli's having his best year yet.  In the 2011 regular season, he's 4th in the NFL in passing yards and 6th in TDs.  Alex Smith is 19th and 17th respectively.  The only QB higher than Eli that is still alive in the postseason is Brady.

So far in the 2011 postseason, he is sitting on a 121.8 rating, 44/65 with 607 yards in 2 games and 6 TDs.  Eli isn't my concern for the San Fran game.  My concern, and how I feel the game will be won or lost, is we have to be able to run against their excellent run defense, and we have to stop their excellent running game.  They are run heavy, and if they are forced to rely on the passing game the Giants can't lose.  The Giants have a more balanced attack in my opinion (or a stronger passing game at least).   :Twocents:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

nvrbdn

i guess my eli comments come from the fact that i picked the giants 2 different weeks during the year in a football pool where if you lose the pick your out. the first time it was to be a cake walk. the paper picked giants by 12 points. eli couldnt hit the broad side of a barn that game and lost big. that was early in the year. i swore i wouldnt pick em again. well i did. 13 people got knocked out of the pool on that loss, so they started a new game. after a few weeks i picked those giants again for my pick, and out of the game i went. when manning is on, hes good, but if i put money on him, he will lose every time. anyone want to back me to bet on the giants this weekend? :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nh_mopar_fan

Seems to me the Niners did ok throwing last weekend....

BananaDan

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 18, 2012, 06:45:09 PM
i guess my eli comments come from the fact that i picked the giants 2 different weeks during the year in a football pool where if you lose the pick your out. the first time it was to be a cake walk. the paper picked giants by 12 points. eli couldnt hit the broad side of a barn that game and lost big. that was early in the year. i swore i wouldnt pick em again. well i did. 13 people got knocked out of the pool on that loss, so they started a new game. after a few weeks i picked those giants again for my pick, and out of the game i went. when manning is on, hes good, but if i put money on him, he will lose every time. anyone want to back me to bet on the giants this weekend? :smilielol:

Wow, ok, don't bet on us please!   ;D 

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

71bee

There's a big difference between Eli & Payton. Eli always looks scared to me when passing, where his brother always looks confident.  :shruggy:

The thing is, when the Giants start playing as well as they have been lately, their tough to stop. then again, I don't think they have that good ol' "D" that they used to have. even though I don't care for either team, I'll be watching this one closely. on the AFC side, I think the Brady bunch has the Ravens number.

The70RT

Quote from: 71bee on January 19, 2012, 03:20:04 PM
There's a big difference between Eli & Payton. Eli always looks scared to me when passing, where his brother always looks confident.  :shruggy:

The thing is, when the Giants start playing as well as they have been lately, their tough to stop. then again, I don't think they have that good ol' "D" that they used to have. even though I don't care for either team, I'll be watching this one closely. on the AFC side, I think the Brady bunch has the Ravens number.

Eli has a long way to go to catch Peytons stats, but standing in the pocket and taking hits takes it's toll. Elway looked the same as Eli, running around and trying not to get sacked and it worked out for him.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71bee

Quote from: The70RT on January 21, 2012, 04:34:44 PM

Eli has a long way to go to catch Peytons stats, but standing in the pocket and taking hits takes it's toll. Elway looked the same as Eli, running around and trying not to get sacked and it worked out for him.

Peyton's been pummeled plenty too. he still looks more confident than his lil' bro. not trying to offend here. just givin' my 2 pennies. I loved it when they beat the Pats in the bowl game a few years back.  ;)

jb666

Indeed they did!! VICTORY!!!

nvrbdn

ravens blew it. could have taken them out.  :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jb666

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 22, 2012, 07:11:27 PM

Yeah.. That was a rough field goal miss...

nvrbdn

"in my opinion"if the giants win this game in overtime, there will only be 1 thing worth watching the super bowl. THE COMMERCIALS. :2thumbs:        he just dropped the f#%*ing ball.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

its official, the super bowl will suck. (in my opinion) :rotz: and again the biggest cheating team in football has a chance to win yet another super bowl. the giants better check for cameras before each practice and the game.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Yeah another crappy repeat. I bet the ratings wont be all that good.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BananaDan

That game practically gave me a coronary.  I can't believe we pulled it out, SF's defense was incredible.

nvrbdn

i agree. the rest of the country will eat during the game and watch the commercials. congrats to the fans of the 2 teams that made it today.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

71bee

well, two really good games with the turn-out I expected....LAME! Looks like I too will be spending the game watching commercials & partying with friends.

Budnicks

As much as I hate to do it... CONGRATS to the New York Giants & New England Patriots  :cheers:, yet another all East Coast Super Bowl in a cold weather location, Indy  :shruggy:, at least both games were good games not total blow outs or anything like that....  :hah: Guess all I got to look forward to, is the funny commercials & Cheerleaders  :brickwall:...

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 22, 2012, 10:38:25 PM
its official, the super bowl will suck. (in my opinion) :rotz: and again the biggest cheating team in football has a chance to win yet another super bowl. the giants better check for cameras before each practice and the game.
:hah: :rofl:  :smilielol:  :hah: :rofl:  :smilielol: :rofl:

Budnicks

Quote from: jb666 on January 22, 2012, 07:19:34 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 22, 2012, 07:11:27 PM

Yeah.. That was a rough field goal miss...
That was a sad moment...

nvrbdn

yes it was sad. your right, both games were down to the wire. at least they were nail biters. san fran looked great on defense. they will be someone to recon with next year again. smith needs to quit throwing the ball at the ground. get it up where it can be caught. and when they got the ball in OT they should have started with a run. there was no time restraints. oh well.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 23, 2012, 03:14:39 PM
yes it was sad. your right, both games were down to the wire. at least they were nail biters. san fran looked great on defense. they will be someone to recon with next year again. smith needs to quit throwing the ball at the ground. get it up where it can be caught. and when they got the ball in OT they should have started with a run. there was no time restraints. oh well.
Yep Jim Harbaugh 1st year head coach took his SF 49er's team to the championship game, the kick/punt-returner mistakes was the difference in the game  :brickwall:... Oh well there's always the Pro Bowl to look forward to....