News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 03, 2012, 05:24:40 PM
congrats on your ducks win. heard it was a great game. had to work and missed it. :2thumbs:
Yep it was a great game, kind of a score fest though, neither team punted very often, "I think" maybe only 2-3 total punts in the game, not a real defensive battle, 2 great offenses marching up & down the field... It's a great time for us OREGON DUCK's Fans
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

The70RT

Quote from: Budnicks on January 03, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 02, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 02, 2012, 11:57:40 AM
i celebrated the cowboys loss :D

:2thumbs: ....seems like most Chiefs fans don't care for them.
Yep the Chiefs before they moved {or were driven out by the NFL} to KC were the Dallas Texans in the very early days of the 1960-61 {I think it was} AFL league...

Before that even, we were the Chiefs starting in 1960
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Budnicks

Quote from: The70RT on January 03, 2012, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 03, 2012, 04:31:30 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 02, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 02, 2012, 11:57:40 AM
i celebrated the cowboys loss :D

:2thumbs: ....seems like most Chiefs fans don't care for them.
Yep the Chiefs before they moved {or were driven out by the NFL} to KC were the Dallas Texans in the very early days of the 1960-61 {I think it was} AFL league...

Before that even, we were the Chiefs starting in 1960
Yep I'm not exactly sure on the year but the teams & locations are correct, they only played in Dallas as the Texans, 1 year, then moved to KC, at least that's what the history of the AFL/NFL says... AFL was started officially in 1960 I thought, I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the 1st, or last time...

jaak

6 Days until BAMA/LSU rematch!  Roll Tide!!!!

Jason

Budnicks

LSU Vs Bama National Championship Game, I'll vote for that one to, Roll Tide

Budnicks

The Michigan Vs Virgina Tech Bowl game was a decent game last night,  Michigan won by a field goal...

jaak

Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 03:48:13 PM
The Michigan Vs Virgina Tech Bowl game was a decent game last night,  Michigan won by a field goal...

Seems like a lot of bowl games have come down to a FG.

Jason

nvrbdn

alot of the games have been playing tight. much better than blowout after blowout. i dont get too caught up in heavy rooting in college games,just enjoy close games. what a year for bowl games. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2012, 06:24:32 PM
alot of the games have been playing tight. much better than blowout after blowout. i dont get too caught up in heavy rooting in college games,just enjoy close games. what a year for bowl games. :2thumbs:
I love the college games & all the hype of big rivalries, also there NO or maybe I should say very few that slip between the NCAA cracks muti-million dollar salary pyrimadonna's, doing stupid celebrations, after a regular tackle, 1st down or even touch downs...

nvrbdn

now thats one of my major enjoyments about college. no dancing and over celebrations. games have been lost over celebrating. thats the way it should be. your right budnicks, thats what really adds to the enjoyment of watching.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

:hah: I know this will sound kind of bad  :brickwall:, but I don't care for the long hair or dreadlocks sticking out the back of the helmets  :shruggy: or covering the names on the jerseys,  :slap: regardless of who or what race or color they are, there needs to be a uniform dress code in football period... :Twocents:

nvrbdn

yep, i agree. seen a guy get tackled by his hair last week. told the wife i knew someone would finally do it. there should be some kind of dress code like, if you have the long hair,tuck it in the helmet. but then you have a whole team with a uniform and some bozo wears different socks pulled up to his knees. happens in baseball and football. when in uniform, all players should have the same socks,shoes,length of pants. the whole thing should match. just my opinion.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 07:12:25 PM
I know this will sound kind of bad, but I don't care for the long hair or dreadlocks sticking out the back of the helmets or covering the names on the jerseys, regardless of who or what race or color they are, there needs to be a uniform dress code in football period... 

FYI...hair is fair game when making a tackle, and in the cautious game of horse collaring someone, I would much rather have a defender grab some hair and bring someone down, rather than get some garbage horse collar call for 15yds.

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2012, 07:31:09 PM
yep, i agree. seen a guy get tackled by his hair last week. told the wife i knew someone would finally do it. there should be some kind of dress code like, if you have the long hair,tuck it in the helmet. but then you have a whole team with a uniform and some bozo wears different socks pulled up to his knees. happens in baseball and football. when in uniform, all players should have the same socks,shoes,length of pants. the whole thing should match. just my opinion.
Hell the NFL fines you for improper sock or shoes

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 04, 2012, 07:35:44 PM
I know this will sound kind of bad, but I don't care for the long hair or dreadlocks sticking out the back of the helmets or covering the names on the jerseys, regardless of who or what race or color they are, there needs to be a uniform dress code in football period...  

FYI...hair is fair game when making a tackle, and in the cautious game of horse collaring someone, I would much rather have a defender grab some hair and bring someone down, rather than get some garbage horse collar call for 15yds.
I would agree, I would rather trow some dude down buy his hair also, also in my day 73-83 it was my job as a defensive end or OS Linebacker to hit the QB whether he had the ball or not, then the roughing the passer rule was instituted, but the back of the shoulder pads, the helmet, except the face mash & any part of the jersey or lower legs, was free game, hell you could still lay a hay-maker on someone or clothesline the guy if need be, it was a couple of career ending injuries like the one that got Bo Jackson way back in 88-89 I think & a couple of others that were hurt bad, that made the owners & Players association finally 20 years latter, get around to vote for the horse collar rule, it has been on the books for years just now being enforced, like the tuck rule, to save their million dollar babies, the rule was instituted to help keep from getting the hip  & leg injuries that is was causing...

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 07:44:11 PM
also in my day 73-83

Ah yes, the slow and sloppy days. I slightly remember them.

I always enjoy the old timers trying to justify how the league was better way back when.  :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 04, 2012, 07:51:19 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 07:44:11 PM
also in my day 73-83

Ah yes, the slow and sloppy days. I slightly remember them.

I always enjoy the old timers trying to justify how the league was better way back when.  :2thumbs:
I wasn't slow, I ran a 4.56 40yrd dash, not bad for 6'2" 250lb linebacker, It wasn't better, it was rougher or maybe a slight bit tougher though, not so many protection rules especially for QB's & wide outs, you could mug them, & very few guys over 300 lbs, the guys over 300lbs were fined $100 every day they were over body index weight limits...

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: The70RT on January 04, 2012, 07:57:43 PM
I liked this tackle at the time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVO93amUv7Y
Ye ha, I love it, damn, he was pissed also, but it's hanging out there, ouch, you no that freaken hurt...

nvrbdn

i kinda like the rules except when a guy is pushed to the ground rushing the QB and hits him low. no chance to do anything but get a flag. and then its gettin rediculous on some of the calls on hits on recievers. its getting where you cant tackle without a flag within the first couple seconds of the catch. because he is defenseless.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 07:57:06 PM
I wasn't slow, I ran a 4.56 40yrd dash, not bad for 6'2" 250lb linebacker, It wasn't better, it was rougher or maybe a slight bit tougher though...

Yeah, and you walked to school in 10ft of snow as well.  ;)

No disrespect, but you are delusional if you think any pro sport was tougher or more demanding back in the day than it is now.

nvrbdn

todays equipment is superior. high schools and colleges spen millions to make the field surface better. every thing about sports today is better for the athlete.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 04, 2012, 07:35:44 PM
I know this will sound kind of bad, but I don't care for the long hair or dreadlocks sticking out the back of the helmets or covering the names on the jerseys, regardless of who or what race or color they are, there needs to be a uniform dress code in football period... 

Did you ever play the game ?

Chris G.

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2012, 08:16:20 PM
todays equipment is superior.

Because it's a much more physical and stronger sports world.