News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 12, 2011, 12:34:15 AM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: i wanna throw up!!!!  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Lisa
Yep me too  :brickwall:, Packers are just a way better team that's for damn sure
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

mrsskip68

I want tickets for next year! Putting it on my list, dammit! Been a fan forever, born & lived in Cali most of my life and never got to see them in person! I'm due and their due!!!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Lisa

Budnicks

Lots of football this week, really no more than normal but an extra day, NFL Network Thursday Night & a special "Saturday" version of Thursday NFL Network football, Sunday & Sunday Night then Monday night... Any predictions on some of these games.... Patriots @ Denver, will Tim Tebow pull off another win against a winning team with the #32 ranked defense ?,  Lions @ Raiders, what Oakland team will show up this week ? {N. Suh is back in the defensive line up for the Lions},  Packers @ Chiefs ,  Ravens @ Chargers ,  Steelers @ 49ers ... Any thoughts  :icon_smile_question:

Budnicks

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 15, 2011, 12:39:39 AM
I want tickets for next year! Putting it on my list, dammit! Been a fan forever, born & lived in Cali most of my life and never got to see them in person! I'm due and their due!!!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Lisa
They are a blast to go to in person... Come early & leave after the traffic dies out... My Pops was a season ticket holder for years before they went to LA, I was a PSL season ticket holder when they came back to Oakland, I had them from 1995-2007, in Dec. 2007 I sold my house that I lived in for 11 or so years & that is when I moved to Sonora Ca. to take care of aging Pops, from Rancho Murieta Ca. {15 or so miles east of Sacramento area}, I was born in Concord Ca. in 1959, raised & lived in the S.F. East Bay Area in Concord Ca. 40-50 or so miles east from the Oakland Alameda Coliseum, in the suburbs, most of my life prior to moving to Rancho Murieta 1997 or so, then the Sonora area in 2007.... It's kind of too much of a big hassle to go to games now... I sold my 2 seats to my friend, that I use to go to most of the games with, he has 4 seats now & he loves it, brings his whole family...

mrsskip68

I know those areas very well. Our family ranch is in Lotus, Ca. (Basically Coloma).
Lisa

Budnicks

Quote from: mrsskip68 on December 15, 2011, 07:07:47 PM
I know those areas very well. Our family ranch is in Lotus, Ca. (Basically Coloma).
Lisa
A little of topic here but, I know Lotus very well, or at least I use to, I went to & graduated from Ponderosa High School in Shingle Springs Ca.from 75-77, also I lived just up the hill from Lotus Ca., off HWY 193 in Garden Valley Ca. by Mt. Murphy Pond {near Georgetown} for 3 years at the time, I use to swim in & jump off the bridge over the American River by the Camp Grounds there & fish by the Sutter's Gold discovery area there in Coloma Ca., wow it's a small world some times...

nvrbdn

chiefs knock off the big gun. :2thumbs: oakland starting now against the lions. donkeys start now against new england. go CHIEFS. :boogie: :boogie:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Every week I am boggled by some of the officiating and how they decide penalties. I saw Reggie Bush run 75yds and then slide into the snowy end zone and he gets flagged. How is it OK to jump into the crowd in GB, but a simple baseball slide is out of line?  :shruggy:

nvrbdn

im with you, there seems to be no consistancy with the way they hand out punishment any more. it depends on who is doing the calling. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 18, 2011, 04:09:54 PM
chiefs knock off the big gun. :2thumbs: oakland starting now against the lions. donkeys start now against new england. go CHIEFS. :boogie: :boogie:
Yep weird football day for sure, KC congrats on beating the once undefeated Packers  :2thumbs:, The Dolphins win  :2thumbs:, 2 teams that fire their head coaches win, "go figure" & The 0 for 13 Colts win...Humm,  I guess hell did actually freeze over...LOL...  Oakland & Broncos both loose, while KC & Chargers both win, "oh well", the AFC west is still up for grabs...   It looks like the teams that clinched playoff spots, that don't need to win, aren't winning now, last week the 49ers this week the Packers & Texans...     Steelers @ 49er's tonight

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on December 19, 2011, 10:05:40 AM
Every week I am boggled by some of the officiating and how they decide penalties. I saw Reggie Bush run 75yds and then slide into the snowy end zone and he gets flagged. How is it OK to jump into the crowd in GB, but a simple baseball slide is out of line?  :shruggy:
I tend to agree the refs, some bazaar rules & bad bogus replay decisions, seem to be, way too big of a part of the deciding games lately...

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 19, 2011, 11:31:12 AM
im with you, there seems to be no consistancy with the way they hand out punishment any more. it depends on who is doing the calling. :shruggy:
Yep it's like the Patriots & Packer can do no wrong in the refs eyes...

Budnicks

Saturday NFL, AFC west still up for grabs, Raiders @ Chiefs, Raiders need a win badly "Just Win Baby" to at least stay in the Wildcard hunt or compete for AFC West title, KC needs to win the next two games to have any chance at all & both the Broncos & Raiders loose...  Broncos @ Bills, Broncos can wrap up the AFC West with a win & Raiders loss...  San Diego @ Detroit, San Diego needs to win the next two games & Raiders or Broncos loose, to have a shot at the Wildcard...  Like I said it's still any ones division to win or loose, Any thoughts ?

nvrbdn

im pickin KC in my football pool. havent done that all year. ha ha   im hoping buffalo remembers how to play football again. and picked san diego to loose. even with all of that happening, im thinking the donkeys win the division (which should have been oaklands) and no wild card out of this division. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 23, 2011, 06:33:16 PM
im pickin KC in my football pool. havent done that all year. ha ha   im hoping buffalo remembers how to play football again. and picked san diego to loose. even with all of that happening, im thinking the donkeys win the division (which should have been oaklands) and no wild card out of this division. :rotz:
Yep the Raiders are the only winners in the AFC West this Saturday, KC & San Diego eliminated, now all we need is for KC to beat the crap out of the Broncos & the Raiders to beet the Chargers & they are in the play offs for the 1st time since 2002, it's been a long time since, I had any reason to be optimistic this late in the season, I'm sure you all know what I mean...

nvrbdn

hey budnicks, where the heck have you been???? christmas is over. football is goin crazy, and you are m.i.a. the bowl games, the donkeys lose to the chiefs. the faders are about to fall. cant believe they let the donkeys win the division. :rotz: (of course the chiefs lost a game to them too). oh well man, get back in the saddle. we will have to put this thread to bed soon. :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

"Just Lose Baby"  :smilielol:

The best of both worlds...we knock the sorry Faiders out, and we get a new coach/GM as well.  :2thumbs:

Go Saints!

The70RT

Quote from: Chris G. on January 01, 2012, 07:55:43 PM
"Just Lose Baby"  :smilielol:

The best of both worlds...we knock the sorry Faiders out, and we get a new coach/GM as well.  :2thumbs:

Go Saints!

Yeah all the dancing ceased in the 4th quarter....the black hole had lots of boos. They didn't even try to move the ball on the last drive  :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 01, 2012, 07:24:45 PM
hey budnicks, where the heck have you been???? christmas is over. football is goin crazy, and you are m.i.a. the bowl games, the donkeys lose to the chiefs. the faders are about to fall. cant believe they let the donkeys win the division. :rotz: (of course the chiefs lost a game to them too). oh well man, get back in the saddle. we will have to put this thread to bed soon. :nana:
Travel & holiday stuff, don't you know, I was waiting for someone to post something other than me, I knew the hatters would pile on like flies on $hit after the Chargers wooped the Raiders like we wooped them earlier in the year... The cards were falling into place Phillip Rivers started out with a pick, his 21st of of the season  :nana:  :nana: {the AFC's worst for INT's & hes in the Pro Bowl ??  :shruggy:}, the Chiefs did there job, the Raiders just failed to keep up their end of the deal... Hell of a division 3 teams at 8w & 8L, pretty week,  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Broncos will probably go down next week anyway  :Twocents:...

nvrbdn

i was rootin for your team. didnt want the donkeys for nothing. now im screamin at the tv at this giants game. they had it wrapped up and let the stars back in the game.  :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 01, 2012, 11:14:15 PM
i was rootin for your team. didnt want the donkeys for nothing. now im screamin at the tv at this giants game. they had it wrapped up and let the stars back in the game.  :rotz:
Me too, I'm not a big Tony Romo fan or a Dallas fan much, for that matter... I don't care much for Eli either, after his winning "I don't want to go to San Diego" deal at the draft a couple of years back, a really low class move in my opinion, but he's kind of the better of 2 evils so to speak...

nvrbdn

with green bay, new orleans and san fran, i dont think the giants will factor much. just cant stand jerry jones or romo. the big one will be the saints goin to san fran. i think with green bays d, the winner of that game could go to the S B
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Most of my family are die hard 49er fans, so I guess I will be routing for them know, well kind of  :brickwall:... Green Bay looks awfully good, I think they are the team to beat again...  I was glad to see Lions get in for the 1st time since 99 {I think} in a long time, probably will loose in wild card game anyway...

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on January 01, 2012, 11:09:11 PM
Phillip Rivers started out with a pick, his 21st of of the season  :nana:  :nana: {the AFC's worst for INT's & hes in the Pro Bowl ??

Last I checked the Bills were in the AFC.

Rivers 19 INT's in 556 attempts
:hah: Faiders 23 INT's in 524 attempts (can you imagine an entire season with Palmer? 16 INT's in 328 Attempts)

Chris G.

SAINTS

WOW!  :o

NFL INDIVIDUAL RECORDS SET
Passing yards, season: Drew Brees, 5,467 (beats Marino)
Seasons, 400 completions: Brees, 4, 2007-2008, 2010-2011.
300-yard passing games, season: Brees, 13.
350-yard passing games, season: Brees, 8.
Games with 30 completions, season: Brees, 9.
Consecutive games, 20 or more completions: Brees, 36.
Consecutive seasons, 350 completions: Brees, 6, 2006-2011
Games with 20 completions, season: Brees, 16. (ties his own record)
Highest completion percentage, season: Brees, (468/657) 71.23% (beats his old record)
Completions, season: Brees, 468. (beats Manning)
Consecutive games, 300 or more yards passing: Brees, 7. (beats Young,Warner,Gannon)
All-purpose yards, season: Darren Sproles, 2,696 (beats Mason '00)
Number of seasons throwing over 5,000 yards: Brees 2 (2008 and 2011)

NFL TEAM RECORDS SET
Touchbacks, season: 68.
Yards gained, season: 7,474. (beats St. Louis, 2000)
First downs, season: 417. (beats Kansas City, 2004)
First downs passing, season: 280. (beats San Diego, 1985)
Passing completions, season: 472. (beats Indianapolis, New Orleans, 2010)
Net passing yards gained, season: 5,347 (beats St. Louis, 2000)
Completion percentage, season: 71.3% (472/662). (beats Cincinnati, 1982)
Most points scored at home: 329
Fewest fumbles in a season: 6 (beats Kansas City, 2002)
3rd down conversion: 56.7% (unofficial record since 91, beats Colts)