News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

its setting up to be a good game. hopefully right down to the wire. havent really watched oregon, but you are pickin against a good offense. not a penn fan, so that loss didnt bother me none even though the boob tube wanted to make more of a super story out of it. joe gets the boot cuz he doesnt call the police, but the guy who witnesses it doesnt call the police and is now the coach? is something wrong there? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 12, 2011, 03:53:57 PM
its setting up to be a good game. hopefully right down to the wire. havent really watched oregon, but you are pickin against a good offense. not a penn fan, so that loss didnt bother me none even though the boob tube wanted to make more of a super story out of it. joe gets the boot cuz he doesnt call the police, but the guy who witnesses it doesnt call the police and is now the coach? is something wrong there? :shruggy:
I know what your saying, the Stanford Offense is really extremely good, especially Andrew Luck when he's on his game, I'm hedging bets with my heart, being an Oregon alum....    That Penn State deal is just sick, why wouldn't a grown man stop the pervert when he saw the act?  I don't know enough about the specifics or facts to be objective, just the TV bullshit, but in my opinion, all parties that didn't call the police or stop the act knowing this guy is a pervert, should be held accountable, I think there will be some major lawsuits & ramifications for their acts, or lack of it... Too bad for Joe Paterno he was a college coaching icon 60 years, from all aspects was seemingly a good man, did wonders for the school & students over many years...  Football programs are very tight, many people had to know about this pervert, all the locker room talk & rumors, how they could keep it covered up is what makes me wonder, someone had to be bought off or something...    "Oh, How the mighty will fall"...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

71bee

It's snowin' outside. we gotta home game against an awful UCLA team. this is perfect weather for some good Utah football! Go UTES!

Budnicks

Miami & Florida State... USC & Washington both games going on at the same time, back & forth during commercial breaks, too many games not enough time, Many games are not televised here, wish I could see most of the ranked teams play, but all day Sat & Sun, then Monday Night football, then now Thursday's NFL Network games & NCAA Thur. Friday & Sat., I do love Football, but get kind of burned out by Monday night, but can't wait tell the next weekend, if you know what I mean....  We are getting at the point in the season when all the great rivalry games are going to be played, don't want to miss any....  I don't seem to get much done on weekends this time of year...

Budnicks

Quote from: 71bee on November 12, 2011, 04:20:06 PM
It's snowin' outside. we gotta home game against an awful UCLA team. this is perfect weather for some good Utah football! Go UTES!

Love them snow games, "real football" out in the elements, like it was ment to be played...  I was glad to see Utah & Colorado added to the Pac-10, Now Pac-12... I'm not getting that game UCLA @ Utah, I don't think, I need to look it up, theres another game to add to the list... I was a casual fan of Utah when Alex Smith & Urban Meyers were there, haven't seen them too many times, until the new expansion of the Pac-12...  I'm not getting the TCU @ Boise State game either, undefeated Boise team it should be a good 1 also...  Good luck..

nvrbdn

georgia is looking absolutely mean with the running game today.they destroyed auburn,and they are eating up the whole forth on the ground.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

The 2 loss TCU just upset, unbeaten Boise St. at home 36 to 35, good second half, sorry to all the Boise State Fans {sorry HeyOldGuy it's too bad, they had a great streak going}, the home win streak ends...  also Florida State 23 over Miami 19...  Good football weekend so far... Didn't get to see any of the Georgia/Auburn game...

Chris G.

Big win for us today in a tough situation. Lot's of real classy fans in PA today and those kids had zero to do with what went down, so hats off for a great game.  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to watching the Duck/Luck game in about 45 mins. I'm hoping Stanford can pull it off and leap frog 'Bama, but I think the Ducks win pretty easy tonight.

Oh and I truly thought Oak St. would score a hundred today. They really let off the gas, but they have been impressive.

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on November 12, 2011, 07:19:38 PM
Big win for us today in a tough situation. Lot's of real classy fans in PA today and those kids had zero to do with what went down, so hats off for a great game.  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to watching the Duck/Luck game in about 45 mins. I'm hoping Stanford can pull it off and leap frog 'Bama, but I think the Ducks win pretty easy tonight.

Oh and I truly thought Oak St. would score a hundred today. They really let off the gas, but they have been impressive.
Yeh I agree it's too bad for Penn State, the student body & team were in a very tough situation for sure, they played hard... I hope the Ducks can stop Luck, but it should be a great game, I hope... I think it's a toss up right now, who's gonna win, I need the family bragging rights at the thanksgiving dinner table, for sure... I didn't get to see the Oklahoma State/Texas Tech. 66-6 game at all, they are looking impressive this season for sure...   The Texas A&M & Kansas State game looks like a good 1 too, in OT 41-41 now, not getting it either...

Chris G.

I'm gonna have a seizure watching Maryland and ND. The uniforms, helmets and colors are making me dizzy. WTF????

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on November 12, 2011, 07:39:53 PM
I'm gonna have a seizure watching Maryland and ND. The uniforms, helmets and colors are making me dizzy. WTF????
The Maryland helmet are by far the worst, for me...

71bee

Man, I knew we would win, but keeping the Bruins to only 6? I'm really lovin' our D!  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

oregans running game has been good after the first quarter, but their d has been swarming, and the secondary has been tight. can luck get 3 td's in the forth with the ducks not scoring?? i dont see it happening. even though they just got 1. they dont seem to be able to stop james on defense.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jaak

Great day of college football....
I got to watch UGA thump Auburn (yes I absolutely hate the barn), TCU beats Boise, Ducks beat Luck (needed that to happen so Bama can keep the #3 spot in the BCS poll) and finally Bama had a good win over Miss St. on the road.

I can't complain,
Jason

nvrbdn

yea jaak that georgia game was sweet. lived down there in the early 80's when hershal walker was eatin up the league. fell in love with georgia football and tech basketball. still root for them today. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

"Lets go Raiders, Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!" I want a Raiders Super Bowl shirt before i die!!!! (oh and a game ticket would be nice too!)  :smilielol: Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Budnicks

My Oregon Ducks took it to my brothers Stanford Cardinals 53-30, in the 1st quarter I thought it was going to be a low scoring tight defensive type game, it turned into an Oregon score fest in the second half... That was good for Bama I guess, bad for the Pac-12 no undefeated teams now, I guess we will have to settle for the Rose Bowl instead of a chance at the National Championship, unless Oklahoma State or LSU or Bama loose, not sure were the BCS will have my Ducks ranked now, should be 3 or 4...

Budnicks

Quote from: skip68 on November 13, 2011, 02:48:29 AM
"Lets go Raiders, Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!" I want a Raiders Super Bowl shirt before i die!!!! (oh and a game ticket would be nice too!)  :smilielol: Mrs.skip68
I'm with ya.... "Go Raiders" but I do have 2 Super Bowl shirts from the 80's & a Championship banner from 77, none from 2002 or 60's teams... No tickets either...LOL...

Budnicks

Quote from: jaak on November 13, 2011, 12:54:45 AM
I got to watch UGA thump Auburn (yes I absolutely hate the barn), TCU beats Boise, Ducks beat Luck (needed that to happen so Bama can keep the #3 spot in the BCS poll) and finally Bama had a good win over Miss St. on the road.

I can't complain,
Jason
I love seen Auburn got thumped...They thumped my Ducks kind of last year.... "Sorry to all the Auburn fans", I Like Bama & all the tradition at that school & program... I didn't see either the game though... When is the Iron Bowl, Bama & Auburn  :icon_smile_question: , that's always a good, hard fought rivalry game...

jaak

Quote from: Budnicks on November 13, 2011, 02:00:59 PM

I can't complain,
Jason
I love seen Auburn got thumped...They thumped my Ducks kind of last year.... "Sorry to all the Auburn fans", I Like Bama & all the tradition at that school & program... I didn't see either the game though... When is the Iron Bowl, Bama & Auburn  :icon_smile_question: , that's always a good, hard fought rivalry game...

Iron Bowl is the last regular season game on Nov. 26th, its played at Awbarn this year.

Jason

bull

Quote from: Chris G. on November 12, 2011, 07:39:53 PM

This is unrelated to your quote above but I wanted you to know who I am talking to. I've been doing some thinking about the Carson Palmer roast from the Al Davis/dump-on-the-Raiders thread. When you consider the luck the Raiders have had with promising young QBs in the past it's little wonder they tend to go with guys who are considered broken-down has-beens. But think about this. When have they enjoyed the most success? Ken Stabler, a gimpy drunk with screwed up knees who led them to a win in Super Bowl XI. Jim Plunkett, a bench-warmer who led the Raiders to two Super Bowl victories in XV and XVIII. Rich Gannon, a beat-up reject from KC who became a top-rated QB and took the Raiders to an 11-5 finish before an appearance in Super Bowl XXXVII (I say appearance because that's about all it amounted to). None of the previous looked good on paper before doing quite well on the field.

Now look at a couple of their notable first-round QB draft picks that everyone thought would be great: Todd Marinovich and JaMarcus Russell. Russell got so fat, lazy and useless that Steve Wyche of NFL.com called him the biggest draft bust in NFL history. And Marinovich was drafted ahead of Brett Favre in '91 before ramping up the cocaine, booze and LSD intake. His big accomplishment was getting fourth place in ESPN.com's list of The 25 Biggest Sports Flops.

I understand the frustration with what seems like a haphazard and pointless method of picking QBs in Oakland but when you look at their luck with the "obvious choice" rookies I too would much rather pay a Carson Palmer $12.5 million to show up and give it a try than guarantee a JaMarcus Russell $32 million to get fat and party.

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on November 14, 2011, 04:27:02 AM
I understand the frustration with what seems like a haphazard and pointless method of picking QBs in Oakland but when you look at their luck with the "obvious choice" rookies I too would much rather pay a Carson Palmer $12.5 million to show up and give it a try than guarantee a JaMarcus Russell $32 million to get fat and party.

I hear what you are saying(or typing). I just thought Campbell was playing very well, and early in the year the Raiders were playing some really good football. He didn't suffer a career ending injury, but the Raiders (IMO) jumped the gun and left him for dead and gave up some big draft picks to get Palmer. I didn't like the move, but thankfully by the grace of God, I am not a Raiders fan, so it's really none of my business or concern...it's just an observation from the cheap seats.

ps - Again, thank you JaMarcus for releasing Leaf from the depths of draft pick hell. I never thought I would see the day. :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Quote from: 71bee on November 12, 2011, 09:59:32 PM
Man, I knew we would win, but keeping the Bruins to only 6? I'm really lovin' our D!  :2thumbs:
Congrats to Utah..

Budnicks

Quote from: jaak on November 13, 2011, 05:21:26 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on November 13, 2011, 02:00:59 PM

I can't complain,
Jason

Iron Bowl is the last regular season game on Nov. 26th, its played at Awbarn this year.

Jason
Thanks man that's what I was thinking but couldn't remember, I think I have sometimers...

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on November 14, 2011, 06:26:12 AM
Quote from: bull on November 14, 2011, 04:27:02 AM

I hear what you are saying(or typing). I just thought Campbell was playing very well, and early in the year the Raiders were playing some really good football. He didn't suffer a career ending injury, but the Raiders (IMO) jumped the gun and left him for dead and gave up some big draft picks to get Palmer. I didn't like the move, but thankfully by the grace of God, I am not a Raiders fan, so it's really none of my business or concern...it's just an observation from the cheap seats.

ps - Again, thank you JaMarcus for releasing Leaf from the depths of draft pick hell. I never thought I would see the day. :2thumbs:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I'm with you guys on that 1 JaMarcus Russel was by far the worst money deal ever & wasted 1st overall pick ever....