News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Broncos beating the Chiefs with Tebow only throwing 2 of 8 completions {didn't see the game} what's up with that stuff  :icon_smile_question: , Forty Niners looked pretty damn good against the Giants, in their win in S.F., the defense was real suspect at time tough  :2thumbs:     The Patriots made the Jets look bad once again, I thought their defense {Jets} was suppose to be good, WTF happened, the Patriots defense is #32 in the NFL & they looked way better than the Jets, go figure {Patriots & Brady seem to always rise to the occasion, when playing the Jets} I was routing for the Jets, shows how much I know...LOL, I'm not real a big Patriots fan, oh well...  :brickwall:  
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

bull

Quote from: Chris G. on November 14, 2011, 06:26:12 AM
Quote from: bull on November 14, 2011, 04:27:02 AM
I understand the frustration with what seems like a haphazard and pointless method of picking QBs in Oakland but when you look at their luck with the "obvious choice" rookies I too would much rather pay a Carson Palmer $12.5 million to show up and give it a try than guarantee a JaMarcus Russell $32 million to get fat and party.

I hear what you are saying(or typing). I just thought Campbell was playing very well, and early in the year the Raiders were playing some really good football. He didn't suffer a career ending injury, but the Raiders (IMO) jumped the gun and left him for dead and gave up some big draft picks to get Palmer. I didn't like the move, but thankfully by the grace of God, I am not a Raiders fan, so it's really none of my business or concern...it's just an observation from the cheap seats.

ps - Again, thank you JaMarcus for releasing Leaf from the depths of draft pick hell. I never thought I would see the day. :2thumbs:

I'm surprised Leaf never played for the Raiders.

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on November 14, 2011, 05:21:53 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on November 14, 2011, 06:26:12 AM
Quote from: bull on November 14, 2011, 04:27:02 AM
I understand the frustration with what seems like a haphazard and pointless method of picking QBs in Oakland but when you look at their luck with the "obvious choice" rookies I too would much rather pay a Carson Palmer $12.5 million to show up and give it a try than guarantee a JaMarcus Russell $32 million to get fat and party.

I hear what you are saying(or typing). I just thought Campbell was playing very well, and early in the year the Raiders were playing some really good football. He didn't suffer a career ending injury, but the Raiders (IMO) jumped the gun and left him for dead and gave up some big draft picks to get Palmer. I didn't like the move, but thankfully by the grace of God, I am not a Raiders fan, so it's really none of my business or concern...it's just an observation from the cheap seats.

ps - Again, thank you JaMarcus for releasing Leaf from the depths of draft pick hell. I never thought I would see the day. :2thumbs:

I'm surprised Leaf never played for the Raiders.
No, No, No, Please no... He couldn't handle the pressure of the NFL or the press core either, that's for sure... I think he is fighting for his life, with some sort of cancer, I think that's is what I heard anyway...  I almost forgot about Ryan Leaf,  :nana:  he was a damn good college QB at Washington State Cougars, there was an argument at the time of the draft, between him & Peyton Manning, about who should get picked first, if I remember it correctly Indy went with Manning & San Diego went with Leaf 1 & 2 if I remember correctly... It was a heated argument, between a bunch of "so called football experts" who would be the better NFL QB, we all know who is the better now.....   :hah: See below

Budnicks

Minnesota @ Green Bay tonight, "are you ready for some football"  :icon_smile_question: any predictions on how bad the "Cheese heads" {Packers} beat the "Purple People Eaters" {Vikings} at home in Green Bay... I say Vikings 6 vs Packers 35...  :hah: Here's something nice about Green bay other than Arron Rodgers being from NorCal... see below  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 14, 2011, 06:56:19 PM
dang, i just became a packers fan :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
I thought some would like that... Me too

Exc-71

Quote from: jaak on November 05, 2011, 11:30:21 PM
Quote from: jaak on November 01, 2011, 08:35:03 PM

All that said, (and I know I may be wearing my 'crimson colored') I can see Bama winning by 2 scores, 10-14 points.
***Hope I don't have to eat crow Sunday morning***

Jason

YUCK...crow taste like shit! Hard fought game though, with plenty of missed opportunities.
Roll Tide,

Jason

ROLL TIDE ROLL yeah it may yet play out where we play for the NC, but, it's only a possibility. I doubt it will happen.

;D

Exc-71

Quote from: Budnicks on November 14, 2011, 06:21:49 PM
Minnesota @ Green Bay tonight, "are you ready for some football"  :icon_smile_question: any predictions on how bad the "Cheese heads" {Packers} beat the "Purple People Eaters" {Vikings} at home in Green Bay... I say Vikings 6 vs Packers 35...  :hah: Here's something nice about Green bay other than Arron Rodgers being from NorCal... see below  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

um, yeah, I could see being a packers fan.

adauto

The Vikings suck so much even our second string QB ran one in!   :2thumbs: GO PACK!!!!
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

71bee

Boy, I tell ya, it sure has been hard to be a Vikings fan these last few years.... :brickwall:

Wonder which washed up quarterback we'll pick up next???

bull

Quote from: 71bee on November 15, 2011, 01:27:56 PM
Boy, I tell ya, it sure has been hard to be a Vikings fan these last few years.... :brickwall:

Carson Palmer?

Budnicks

Ponder needs some protection to be able to do his job well & A.P. is still a great running back... Hey JaMacus Russell or maybe Bret Favre is still available I think...LOL.. I'm sorry I had to do that, but believe me, I feel your pain, I have been routing for a team that, has gone threw a ton of QB's & head coaches in the last 9 years & I'm still a loyal fan, it will come back around sooner or latter it's the NFL...

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on November 15, 2011, 01:34:30 PM

Carson Palmer?

Tebow!

Actually Budnicks isnt far off the mark. Ponder has a lot of potential and shows flashes of it every now and then, but theres only so much that a rookie QB whos been thrown to the wolves in a sorry team can do. Remember Aaron Rodgers and the Packers 3 years ago? Maybe the Vikings will get there at just about the time they move to L.A.  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

i started this in kc sucks, but matt shaub is out for the year with a foot. if thats true, who is the back up?? he is texans as far as im concerned.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Broncos/Jets this weeks, Thursday Night Football, can Tim Tebow win yet another game running predominantly  :icon_smile_question:  with almost no passing game to speak of  :icon_smile_question:  he has done it successfully on a couple of teams all ready...  Jets defense seems to be vulnerable this year, It seems that the NFL is geared so much for the trowing the ball 50 times per game, 60%-70% of the offense, with predominant passing offenses, that teams aren't playing the run as much & defenses aren't built or designed for it maybe, or practice for the college spread type offenses, the 4-3 & 3-4 defenses both have been exploited this year, I'm not a Big Tebow fan or a Bronco's fan, it's just an observation....

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 15, 2011, 02:35:39 PM
i started this in kc sucks, but matt shaub is out for the year with a foot. if thats true, who is the back up?? he is texans as far as im concerned.

Matty "Heisman" "Hot Tub" Leinart?

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Budnicks

Yes, I saw that also, Matt Shaub, Matt Cassel, maybe Mike Vick {2 broken ribs}, Jason Campbell {clavicle that required surgery & pinning}, all out for a while or for the season...  It seems there are others too, I just don't remember "who else" at this moment... I think it's ex USC & ex AZ. Cardinals, QB Matt Leinart, is the back up at the Texans...  Jets head coach Rex Ryan is also calling his QB Mark Sanchez stupid, I wonder if he's considering pulling him also, this week could be very interesting as QB's are concerned... It seems to be a QB driven league...

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 15, 2011, 02:57:36 PM

Matt "Heisman" "Hot Tub" Leinart?
You beet me too it...

nvrbdn

how many times can you go down the field without passing before a good defense keys on the run and eats you up. when you cant pass, they can stay in single coverage and hit the line. and with all that said, you still have your defense on the field while the decent teams are trying to score. you really cant base the bronco's against a team as weak as the chiefs who even though will give up points against the run have no potential to get back in the game with their offense. a good team will still expose the bronco defense and score keeping pressure on that no pass offense.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 15, 2011, 03:15:03 PM
how many times can you go down the field without passing before a good defense keys on the run and eats you up. when you cant pass, they can stay in single coverage and hit the line. and with all that said, you still have your defense on the field while the decent teams are trying to score. you really cant base the bronco's against a team as weak as the chiefs who even though will give up points against the run have no potential to get back in the game with their offense. a good team will still expose the bronco defense and score keeping pressure on that no pass offense.
I'm with you, I'm not a Tebow fan or a Broncos fan, but he's done it 3 weeks straight against, Raiders, Chargers & Chiefs I know there, not the best defenses at all, but they knew he was going to just run the ball mostly & neither of the teams stopped it... Maybe just dumb luck, but the wildcat offense worked for a few teams, for a while, the last couple of years even against some very good defensive teams.... Remember back in the 80's-early 90's Oilers Warren Moon, Earl Cambell led teams or the 90's when the Bill's with Jim Kelly, Therman Thomas, The Falcons with head coach June Jones & his fast passed spread offense & others that would run the no huddle or a variation of the run & shoot/spread type or no huddle offenses & it would give even good teams fits {I know they both threw it to set up the run, but}...   Look at the Oregon Ducks or LSU in college ranks, the defenses cant get there breath & the offense scores every 60-90 or so seconds that they have the ball, some quicker than others...  I kind of think the college systems, that allot of these new guys are running in college, will eventually come to the NFL more & more because that's what the talent pool is coming from college into the NFL is use to running that type of offensive style of systems, you cant change all of them all of the time... well maybe... Just an observation...

71bee

Quote from: Budnicks on November 15, 2011, 02:24:58 PM

Ponder needs some protection to be able to do his job well.

Agreed. I'm actually thinking Ponder may not be to bad if we can get a good offensive line to help out. our D is a complete disappointment, but yes, AP can still run the ball & has worked on his "fumblitis" the last couple of years....I miss the days of the good ol' PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS  :rotz:

Budnicks

Here's some games this week end,  Cal vs Stanford known as "the game" in S.F. Bay area...   USC vs Oregon the Trojans want to play spoiler for sure, but there in Oregon good luck at that...   Nebraska vs Michigan looks to be a good Big 10 showdown...  NFL= Cowboys at Redskins  always a good rivalry game...  Panthers at Lions "Go Lions"... Buffalo at Miami, can Miami win another game, for a 3rd in a row or will Bills get out of their funk ?...  Cardinals at Forty Niners Sunday "go niners", with the Niners going to the Ravens on a short week for next "Thanksgiving" Thursday night game, the Harbaugh Bros. coaches battle it out, should be a good game....   The Packers & Lions Thanksgiving day at least it's a somewhat meaningful game for once on Thanksgiving, let alone 2 good games...   Bengals at Baltimore both 6 & 3...   Chargers at Chicago will Rivers finally get out of his slum or will they loose the 5th game in a row ?...   Chiefs at Patriots, good luck Chiefs...   Last but not the least will the Raiders at Vikings continue to lead the AFC west, it's been a long time {2002} since being able to say those words "Just Win Baby" sorry to all the Vikings fans I feel your pain...    How about that Tim Tebow ? winning another game, 4 in a row now, he's 9 for 20 passing against the Jets with the 10-17 Broncos win at Mile High Denver Thursday past, he's winning ugly !, but what can you say, it's winning 4 for 5 this year as a starter, it chaps my a$$ to see the Broncos winning, but at least Tim Tebow is a class act as a human being....

71bee

jaak

Iowa St. beats Okie St.! Looks good for a 1-loss Bama, if Bama finishes their last 2 games strong!

Roll Tide!
Jason

Budnicks

Quote from: jaak on November 19, 2011, 12:29:11 AM
Iowa St. beats Okie St.! Looks good for a 1-loss Bama, if Bama finishes their last 2 games strong!

Roll Tide!
Jason
Now it's a race for #2 Alabama, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State, Oregon, all now with 1 loss... Oregon & Alabama only loosing to LSU the current #1 ranked team, so they will be #2 & #3 "I believe", but not sure what order....  Oklahoma St. lost to an un-ranked team Iowa State so I think they will likely drop more like 5th-9th or something.... I was routing on Iowa St. big time last night great ending, I don't dislike Oklahoma St. just wanted Oregon the be able to have a chance at the N/C still... my condolences go out to the families of the people lost in the crash of the plane carrying the Okla. St. Basketball coach...