News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

just football talk, College or NFL

Started by Budnicks, October 23, 2011, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 08:20:41 PM
Did you ever play the game ?

I played Hockey back in the day and was pretty good at it. It's pretty safe to say that the players are way better and way faster then it was back when I played. I am not a relic that refuses to accept athletes are way stronger and better than I was.

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 04, 2012, 08:09:47 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 07:57:06 PM
I wasn't slow, I ran a 4.56 40yrd dash, not bad for 6'2" 250lb linebacker, It wasn't better, it was rougher or maybe a slight bit tougher though...

Yeah, and you walked to school in 10ft of snow as well.  ;)

No disrespect, but you are delusional if you think any pro sport was tougher or more demanding back in the day than it is now.
Nope I'm not delusional, are you ? & no I don't think it was better, but we had much harder practices, much more lienant game rules, everyone was free game, with full padded & full contact/scrimaging  & tacking every practice, twice a day sometimes, except for Fridays & the rule were much less protective, to the QB & wide receivers, no bump rule, no ruffing the passer or very few times at the minimum, our equipment, medical treatments & training was also far inferior to what the have now, there were very few 300lb guys or 6'5" or taller guys were rare then also, they were fined for being overweight every day they were with the team & over 300lbs on a weight body mass index, they weighed you in water, then out of water... Believe me I know the guys are bigger & much stronger now & have much better equipment also, I know that... Hell the QB's are bigger than most of the guys were back then... They only have 12 days of full pads practice total every season now & no 2 a days, hell , That was just 2week or less for us, many 2 a days especially if it was after a loss...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 04, 2012, 08:25:42 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on January 04, 2012, 08:20:41 PM
Did you ever play the game ?

I played Hockey back in the day and was pretty good at it. It's pretty safe to say that the players are way better and way faster then it was back when I played. I am not a relic that refuses to accept athletes are way stronger and better than I was.
So No you didn't play football, you played Hockey, I can respect that...

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 04, 2012, 08:22:23 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2012, 08:16:20 PM
todays equipment is superior.

Because it's a much more physical and stronger sports world.
It's called the evolution of the sports, personal trainers, much better work out facilities, sports equipment, hell even the under-armer shirts & underwear, has padding built into it, there's also rib, kidney & back pads also, rules & salaries, the game is still the game, now just with different rules, bigger & faster players, much better equipment especially pads, helmets & face masks, it's a full year round training regiments, with sports science backing it up, on every move, much better medical diagnosis & treatment, hell guys sleep in parabolic oxygen chambers to heal better between practices & games, food supplements & enhancers that are untraceable, better nutrition period, designer drugs, HGH & Roids & masking agents, more liberal recruiting rules, better team film & video quality, the extra time allowed to be able to study, less hours spent in organized team activities {college & HS}, way more elaborate football study specific classes, hell they recruit them in the HS 10th grade now for colleges, more available side money at least, larger allowed salaries for college players to be able to make before any NCAA violations, it's not just the season & spring training maybe 26-30 weeks total , like it was year gone by, it's 24/7 now in the pros, almost the same in division 1 colleges too, as long as they aren't organized by the team, you can use the facilities 24/7... The 52 year old Relic

nvrbdn

heck, i remember in basketball when the guys under 6 ft were guards. now you gotta be 6-5 to be a guard.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2012, 09:01:45 PM
heck, i remember in basketball when the guys under 6 ft were guards. now you gotta be 6-5 to be a guard.
I know, my Old Relic of a Pops, played power forward at Berkley High School in 1952-1955 he was 5'8" 170lbs maybe on his best day, he was the big scorer at his school, they were pretty good too, according to my Aunt, He almost went to  University of California Berkley to play Basketball, but found out he was over classed, by far, & declined...

nvrbdn

smith for w virginia has moves. :2thumbs: for a QB he has a lot of speed. mabey a wide reciever in the pros.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 04, 2012, 10:13:44 PM
smith for w virginia has moves. :2thumbs: for a QB he has a lot of speed. mabey a wide reciever in the pros.
Orange Bowl, Yep, West Virginia they are looking pretty good, going to score again, yep it looks like already WV 42 to Clemson 20, 1st half still...

Chris G.

How crazy are some of these games in College?. How can the supposed #15 team yield 70 points? The over/under in these games must all be around 80. The funny part is the game that matters most may not even give us a TD.

College needs a playoff system desperately.  :Twocents:

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on January 05, 2012, 06:16:10 AM
How crazy are some of these game in College?. How can the supposed #15 team yield 70 points? The over/under in these games must all be around 80. The funny part is the game that matters most may not even give us a TD.

College needs a playoff system desperately.  :Twocents:
I would agree totally, at least a +1 game system play off, top 6 down to #1 or even more, like the top 16 team ladder down, to the championship,  4 rounds, would be my personal preference, that will never happen though...  :Twocents:

bull

nvrbdn

neat read bull. :2thumbs: thats funny about the chargers name who woulda thunk it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

the only team of any sport pro and college that i root for out of texas is houstons texans. want them to beat cincinati. the defense needs to tighten up to do it. bengals have the pass working for them. rooting for the underdog lions today also, but think it will be a very hard thing to pull off. :Twocents:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 07, 2012, 05:23:37 PM
the only team of any sport pro and college that i root for out of texas is houstons texans. want them to beat cincinati. the defense needs to tighten up to do it. bengals have the pass working for them. rooting for the underdog lions today also, but think it will be a very hard thing to pull off. :Twocents:
You got your wish... 31 Texans -10 Bengals

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 07, 2012, 08:36:58 PM
and lions are up :2thumbs:
Yep, 14 Lions - 7 Saints now , the Saints & especially Drew Brees & those receivers are way too good of a team combo, to stay down for long, I just want to see a good game...   I would like to see any underdog team win, some new blood is always nice, I was a closet Lions fan this year, but I like Drew Brees & Saints Head Coach Sean Payten {spelling?} so I'm kind of torn...

nvrbdn

i agree, im a brees fan, but the lions, a nothing team that for years couldnt get to a play off stadium if you drew them a map. drew is so wicked with lots of targets and the team i think should go to the super bowl, and the lions that...............oh well you know. ha ha
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

saints are still marchin on. lions had a good season. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 07, 2012, 11:09:21 PM
saints are still marchin on. lions had a good season. :2thumbs:
Yep the Saints had a good second half, Saints 45 to Lions 28, Saints look pretty good... The Lions did great, the 1st good year in a long, long time...

Chris G.

Just a few things:

1. Cris Collinsworth is horrible. I truly miss Madden and Michaels together.
2. Philip Rivers was outstanding on the NFL network last night. He's got a nice broadcasting career in his future.
3. Why is Michael Irvin so "touchy feely"? Does he always need to have his hands on someone? He's creepy.
4. Tom Jackson (ESPN) is just an old grouchy commentator. What has happened to him in the last few years? They probably want to get rid of him, but Berman would walk and that won't happen.
5. Chiefs...Crennel? Really? Talk about another couple years of suffering. I thought the Chargers were going backwards.
6. Pretty sure the Chargers were not named after a charge card. I think it had something to do with USC.
7. Go Saints!

That is all...

nvrbdn

falcons and giants on the early game. well lets see, manning let me down a couple times during my weekly pic's. dont care for NY, so im rootin for atlanta on the road........................now pitt against denver.  duh........im goin pitt. steelers. ok, lets go falcons.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 08, 2012, 01:09:04 PM
falcons and giants on the early game. well lets see, manning let me down a couple times during my weekly pic's. dont care for NY, so im rootin for atlanta on the road........................now pitt against denver.  duh........im goin pitt. steelers. ok, lets go falcons.
I'm with ya on both account, but the Giants are rolling on Atlanta right now, 2 Falcons -10 Giants RB Bradshaw is mowing people over... My picks suck this whole year

nvrbdn

cant get a qb sneak with an empty backfield, then give up the big one. oh well :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 08, 2012, 03:12:04 PM
cant get a qb sneak with an empty backfield, then give up the big one. oh well :rotz:
Yep then give up a long run Hicks scores 2 Falcons 17 Giants now, I thinks maybe Falcons are toast...

Budnicks

Damn Broncos are taking it to Pittsburg & Ben Rapestbuger right now.... 20 Broncos - 6 Steelers  end of second qtr.