News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2000 Dodge Durango Burning Oil

Started by sixpack_sid, November 09, 2011, 07:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango with a 4.7 V8 and it's burning oil! I go thru about 1 quart every couple weeks. I am putting full synthetic in it, so this is getting expensive! Anyone know how to fix the problem?
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Aero426

If you are seeing it out the tailpipe, it isn't going to be a cheap fix.   Stop running the synthetic oil as it won't burn any more or less with conventional oil in it.   

sixpack_sid

Yup, its comin out the tailpipe. What am I in for?
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

bobs66440

Quote from: sixpack_sid on November 09, 2011, 09:19:33 PM
Yup, its comin out the tailpipe. What am I in for?
It can either be valve seals or bad piston rings, or in some cases intake gasket. In any case, it's not a cheap fix. If it's valve seals, they are relatively cheap and easy to fix. Same with the intake gasket. Piston rings however, means an engine rebuild. My Charger uses a lot of oil (getting it rebuilt this winter) and I use Lucas Oil Stablizer and it really works, for me anyway. I was using 1 qt. for every 200 miles with regular 10w-30. I use 60%-70% Lucas and it bumped it to 500 miles. Still not good, but it more than doubled the mileage. Try it. It can't hurt until you can fix it right.  :Twocents:

I also tried that Restore stuff but it made no difference at all.

aussiemuscle

i thought that was normal for chrysler product  :icon_smile_blackeye: :nana: