News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new, charger owner

Started by Evolution69, October 17, 2011, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Looks like a great start, congrats.

When you get the car, look underneath to see how they tied it down.  I see it has a flat tire so that means whatever was used to fasten it, loosened up as the tire went down.

A lot of these drivers use the holes that are on the bottom of the frame rails putting their hooks in them.  That metal isn't strong enough to be attachment points & over time will rip the holes open peeling your frame like a can opener.  DAMHIK.

Evolution69

Thank you guys

And Thank you 472 R/T SE I shall have a look once it arrives, fingers crossed should be ok, But you hear so many horror stories of when cars are being shipped it's a scary thought  :2thumbs:
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

Evolution69

UPDATE.
Car is now in the UK, with a storage company untill June/July. By then I should have garage space for her at home.
Some pics of her on the other side of the pond.

Thanks

nvrbdn

you takin it back to original colors? love that combo :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

Quote from: Evolution69 on February 21, 2012, 09:29:59 PM
UPDATE.
Car is now in the UK, with a storage company untill June/July. By then I should have garage space for her at home.
Some pics of her on the other side of the pond.

Thanks

:coolgleamA:  good stuff , looking forward to seeing updates & pictures & stuff  :yesnod: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Evolution69

Evolution69

UPDATE, Finally the charger makes it to my house this morning, This was a very exciteful day for me, I have never been close to a dodge charger in my life, i have seen one driving passed in the distance, but being up close was a great experience.

Even though she's bit of a shed, Everything about this car is soo cool I can't wait until tomorrow to go take a better look, Only couple of issues, Mainly first the steering has been disconnected, so both wheels turn freely, I have no clue why this was done, but was bit of a pain getting her into the garage, Secondly there are no keys with the car, Will I be able to get around this easily enough in the future?..

Lastly I can't shut the garage door as she's a big ole girl, However as she is going to be restored I will strip the front end so that hopefully will allow me to get her in from the elements, and in the future extend the garage.

I have a vw golf I got for a run around and next to the charger it looks like a dinky toy.

Just being up close to this thing was so cool, so big, built like a tank, ''They sure don't make them like they use too''

Sorry but this is my first time seeing a dodge charger, A dream come true.

Hopefully I will take better pics soon, and ask your guys help to put together a plan of action to get this car running again.

Thank you kindly for all your help and support so far.

Ghoste

Thats a long wait.  Congratulations!  :cheers:

skip68

:cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  You've got to be so happy.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

the feeling of getting it home for the first time is an awesome feeling. enjoy looking at it. sit in it. dream the dream, then get at it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 12, 2012, 08:11:22 PM
the feeling of getting it home for the first time is an awesome feeling. enjoy looking at it. sit in it. dream the dream, then get at it. :2thumbs:

Couldn't have said it better myself.   Get at it and.........live the dream  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Evolution69

Thank you gentlemen, Had a smile on my face all day Iv'e owned a few cool cars in my time, But I must admit the dodge charger is by far the coolest

Thank you kindly

plum500

Congrats. :cheers: The pic of the tail sticking out from the garage is awesome.

JB400

Welcome to the club.  Charger ownership is something to be proud of.

HANDM

As a work around for the missing keys, you can simply unscrew the ring on the switch, pull it out and look closely till you see the pin that holds the cylinder in and push it in while prying the cylinder out...confused yet?  :D Once you have the cylinder out use a flathead screwdriver to start it..... Or just get a new cylinder with keys....  :icon_smile_big:

Tooz 72

Great looking Charger !!   :2thumbs:

so where abouts in the UK is this beast going to be scaring the pants off the neds in their Corsa's ?   :rofl:

seaweed

Nice! I remember the feeling when it hits you "I own a Charger". Just smiled the first month, Then came all the hard work to make it like you want it with paint, rims, engine etc, etc... I still have a long way before my idea's are finished. Hope you get to test it before the snow comes.

westcoastdodge

Hey evo 69 where abouts in the uk are you from,i am up here in sunny cumbria,nice car man :coolgleamA:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Evolution69

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I live in Surrey, not far from Gatwick Airport,

Ive kept my eyes open but not come across any other charger owners yet, apart from I see a white one in my area drive around once in a blue moon, Would love to eventually get involved in shows, meets ect, if there are some or not , not sure.
Thank you again.

lexxman

It looks like you might need a bigger garage or a shorter car :lol: Make sure you keep us posted on your work.

Fred

Definitely a bigger garage.  Were you surprised it didn't fit?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Quote from: lexxman on October 14, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
It looks like you might need a bigger garage or a shorter car :lol: Make sure you keep us posted on your work.

Hey Evo 69, sounds like what Richard Hammond said in his clip when they road tested the 68 R/T  :rofl:

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Not trying to be an ass here but aren't concerned about vandalism with that garage?

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on October 15, 2012, 05:59:59 AM
Not trying to be an ass here but aren't concerned about vandalism with that garage?
That's why he's working on taking the front end off of it so it will fit in the garage.  He asked about it in another thread.

Ghoste

Yes, he mentioned that in this thread too, but until he gets it stripped off the rear is hanging out there isn't it?