News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

importing from US to Canada ??

Started by triple_green, October 15, 2012, 10:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

I have a guy interested in my Challenger.

He is in Manitoba Canada. What steps does he have to take to inport the car?

I don't know if it matters, but the car was orignially from Canada (BC) seven years ago. I still have the paperwork.

Thanks for any help on both inmporting and transportation from Kent, WA to Wiinipeg, MB

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

70 Charger RT

He needs a copy of the title (front and back) faxed to US Customs where he plans to cross at least 72 hours before crossing with the car (I crossed at Sweetgrass, MT on several occations).  He also needs a bill of sale in addition to a form filled out by seller and buyer that should be available on the US Customs website.  It will also help the buyer to cross with supporting documents that indicate the purchase price when he stops on the Canadian side at the crossing.  Bill of sale, emails and what have you.  Sometimes if Canadian Customs feels that the bill of sale may be a fraud, then they will determine the value and the buyer will pay 5% tax on what they say.  The Canadian mostly want their GST.  The usd purchase will be converted to CAD and tax paid on that amount.  I think that's it.

I wish I had known, last month I bought an enclosed car hauler from Olympia, WA and crossed at Oysoyos, BC.  I even drove through Kent.  Oh well.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

plum500

[deleted] Point I had was already mentioned! :) ...make sure the paper work is at the border 3 days before you cross.