News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Ram question...Ah, hell why not just go buy one off the lot?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, October 16, 2011, 02:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

So...Can you still walk into the Dealer and order what you want ?  :shruggy:

I did the "build your own" thing on the Ram website and figured out what I'd like to have.

Did a dealer inventory search out 200 miles and found nothing close to what I'm after...

Are dealers willing to do this anymore or are they going to try to switch me to the pink Fiat they have

sitting on the lot? :shruggy:

Todd Wilson

I think you can still do that but you probably arent gonna get any kind of deal. Probably pay sticker on it  and it will take 2 months for it to be built and delivered.

Todd

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 16, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
I think you can still do that but you probably arent gonna get any kind of deal. Probably pay sticker on it  and it will take 2 months for it to be built and delivered.

Todd

The two month thing wouldn't bother me. :scratchchin:

I would hope they would deal a little on the price, since it's a guaranteed sale :shruggy:

All of the trucks they have on the lots seem to have cloth seats, satellite radio, power penis puller, blue

tooth, yada,yada,yada... all that junk  I'd never use and refuse to pay for. :brickwall:

I want the extravagant stuff like a sliding rear window, vinyl seats, a sure grip and a towing package. ::)

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 16, 2011, 12:37:29 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 16, 2011, 11:27:56 AM

Todd

I want the extravagant stuff like a sliding rear window, vinyl seats, a sure grip and a towing package. ::)

Thats why you cant find anything out there. No one wants that stuff! HAHA!   About 6-7 years ago our dealership had a 3/4ton  2wd  Cummins 4 door shortbed plain jane truck. Vinyl with the rubber floor stuff on it. I think it had AC,cruise and a radio with a manual transmission.   Old Skool roll up windows and so forth.   That truck sat on that lot for 6 months before they got rid of it.

Todd

hemigeno

I ordered my 2011 Ram in August 2010 as soon as the new pricing sheets came out, so it's definitely still possible.  It took about 6 weeks for it to be delivered.  That's the fourth Chrysler product I've special-ordered/spec'd, although it's the first one I wasn't able to order through the Employee discount program (my Bro-In-Law took the buyout when Fenton closed).  A salesman we had worked with on our last purchase volunteered to let us order through the dealership's Friends & Family discount, which is almost as good as the Employee deal.  He probably did that since he knew how I normally order everything including the optional kitchen sink, and they still do pretty good on the sale.

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks, guys.

I guess the next step is make time to go to the dealer.

Maybe Friday...

Daytona R/T SE

I got itchy today and just went out and bought one off the lot... :coolgleamA:

Todd Wilson

Dam if I knew you wanted a a regular cab short bed our dealership has a used one for 11g's.   Its plain jane deluxe. 3.7 engine with a manual and nothing fancy inside.

Todd

Daytona R/T SE

That Damned front license plate holder went in the trash about 3 minutes after I got it home.

Budnicks

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 21, 2011, 10:14:24 PM
I see you already got 1, Congrats on your new purchase, I see it was discounted at least 5K, I hope you worked on them a little more than that, especially if you pay cash...   The local dealership could have done a dealer trade/swap with another instate dealer & you could have got something close to what you wanted to order that way, it's a mute point now though... I like the color Silver at least it's not Red
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 21, 2011, 10:16:30 PM
Dam if I knew you wanted a a regular cab short bed our dealership has a used one for 11g's.   Its plain jane deluxe. 3.7 engine with a manual and nothing fancy inside.

Todd

Yeah, I definitely wanted a new short bed V8 auto reg cab. to replace the old '94 long bed that's rusting

off the frame.

I've still got my '04 3500  ctd and I probably always will.

The old '94 is going to a Friend's farm to live out it's final days...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Budnicks on October 21, 2011, 10:29:41 PM
I see you already got 1, Congrats on your new purchase, I see it was discounted at least 5K, I hope you worked on them a little more than that, especially if you pay cash...   The local dealership could have done a dealer trade/swap with another instate dealer & you could have got something close to what you wanted to order that way, it's a mute point now though... I like the color Silver at least it's not Red

Yeah, the price was right.

As I posted earlier, I was planning on ordering a '12 with some specific options on it,

but it would have wound up about $7K more than I paid for this one.

Ironically, I was going to order Red  :smilielol:

Budnicks

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 21, 2011, 10:36:34 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 21, 2011, 10:29:41 PM

Yeah, the price was right.

As I posted earlier, I was planning on ordering a '12 with some specific options on it,

but it would have wound up about $7K more than I paid for this one.

Ironically, I was going to order Red  :smilielol:
I figured you would get that 1.... :2thumbs: nice truck
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks