News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

chop cut rebuild starts with the 72 duster (update new season, chebbies)

Started by nvrbdn, October 15, 2011, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

ccr is back today with a 72 duster and a 41 willys. i ill enjoy both of these builds. keeping the mopars on the show. good job dan.  :2thumbs:  bwt, the door installer was pretty cool. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ccr-host

Thanks!

I couldn't just walk away from the Mopar community after all the love you folks showed us last season with the Charger.

This time we're going VERY custom. So, there shouldn't be any concerns about making it "perfect". Both cars are going to be all about the "Wow" factor! Wait for the Gen 3 Hemi to arrive in a couple of episodes along with the new TCI six-speed transmission, the full RMS suspension, stainless fluid lines, Rock Valley fuel tank, ISIS digital wiring package, Dakota Digital instruments, push-button transmission, push button Flaming River steering. All very cool toys that you can cherry pick for your own project ideas... Lots of fab work this year but, we did stick with an OE interior from Legendary!

Hope you all tune in!

terrible one

Quote from: ccr-host on October 15, 2011, 12:50:53 PM
Thanks!

I couldn't just walk away from the Mopar community after all the love you folks showed us last season with the Charger.

This time we're going VERY custom. So, there shouldn't be any concerns about making it "perfect". Both cars are going to be all about the "Wow" factor! Wait for the Gen 3 Hemi to arrive in a couple of episodes along with the new TCI six-speed transmission, the full RMS suspension, stainless fluid lines, Rock Valley fuel tank, ISIS digital wiring package, Dakota Digital instruments, push-button transmission, push button Flaming River steering. All very cool toys that you can cherry pick for your own project ideas... Lots of fab work this year but, we did stick with an OE interior from Legendary!

Hope you all tune in!

:drool5: Can't wait to see

lexxman

Ok so I see we have two threads going? I didn't know the new shows started ,I will have to keep an eye out for them. :popcrn:

BrianShaughnessy

That TCI 6 speed is sweet.   Been riding around in certain Road Runner that has one.   :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

FlatbackFanatic

That sounds like a real cool Duster!!!! I can't wait to watch as the season progresses. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

moparstuart

too bad they are not sticking a hemi in the willys too
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

i think it will be enjoyable to watch both cars. see how those chebby guys handle building a mopar. :scratchchin:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

DC_1

Budnicks

At least they are doing more Mopar's now days , I too love them old Willy's, my favorite Vintage body style especially in late 60's early 70's Gasser form/style, remember the movie Hot Rod it was rough car but it had a Blown Hemi...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Here you go. Here's the Willy's from the movie at the long gone Freemont/Baylands raceway, it should have a narrowed rear end & tubs though, at least....

thedodgeboys

WELCOME BACK DAN we missed you. :icon_smile_big: or at least mopars you build  :drool5:  :rofl:

Thanks!

Hope you all tune in!

Budnicks

Thanks!

Hope you all tune in!

It sounds like a great show project/series, good luck in your future shows, I for 1 love the show & watch it when ever it's on, even the reruns...

67440chrg

It sounds like another great season and a good MOPAR to do.I will be watching it. Try to give us a shout out on the show if it is possible.

Stretch

Quote from: Budnicks on October 16, 2011, 10:36:34 PM
At least they are doing more Mopar's now days , I too love them old Willy's, my favorite Vintage body style especially in late 60's early 70's Gasser form/style, remember the movie Hot Rod it was rough car but it had a Blown Hemi...

Best line ever in a movie came from that one...

"What you runnin' in that thing?"

"Black n Decker aquarium pump!"

I would love to find a copy of that movie. Good stuff for sure.

I now return you to the original thread topic. ;D
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Budnicks

Quote from: Stretch on October 19, 2011, 12:57:25 PM

I know I loved it too just can't find any copies...

nvrbdn

was it a common practice to write notes on an unpainted body on the assembly line? if a panel or trunk lid wasnt fitting, wouldnt it be shimmed at that point before moving on? great show so far dan. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

UFO

Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 03:51:58 PM

Sorry to hijack,this one?
http://www.hotrodmemories.com/detail.php?Format=VHS&Cat=V00139

thedodgeboys

I'm sure the build will be cool but the rendering looks( I can't find the word)  ::). GM ish

moparstuart

Quote from: thedodgeboys on October 23, 2011, 06:22:59 AM
I'm sure the build will be cool but the rendering looks( I can't find the word)  ::). GM ish

and you would  know     :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

Quote from: UFO on October 22, 2011, 09:34:54 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 03:51:58 PM

Sorry to hijack,this one?
http://www.hotrodmemories.com/detail.php?Format=VHS&Cat=V00139
Thanks for the link, sorry for the added hi-jack on the 72 Duster CCR thread

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on October 23, 2011, 06:22:59 AM
I'm sure the build will be cool but the rendering looks( I can't find the word)  ::). GM ish

Were did you see the rendering ? can you post it here ?

thedodgeboys

It was on the show Saturday I'll see if I can find an on line shot.

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on October 23, 2011, 09:33:35 PM
It was on the show Saturday I'll see if I can find an on line shot.
I missed the show, I was in the trunk of my RR sanding prepping for paint & liner...