News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Camaro....

Started by xpbprox, October 14, 2011, 11:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

Just drove one today for the first time, damn it's bad ass. The interior beats the challenger, as far as the front seats. It was just a V6 but had nice power, had a lot of features. Never thought I'd really like another non mopar muscle car this much.

Chryco Psycho

I find the interior smaller & more cramped

1969chargerrtse

Nice looking car, wish they would do hideaway lamps though.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

xpbprox

The parking break is in the most redicilois spot. I'm 6ft 190lbs and it fits me good but no one will be able to sit behind me

bobs66440

The Camaros are pretty cool, though I like the looks of the Challenger better, but I think it's over priced for what you get.

The V-6 engines in those cars are amazing with the power they put out. It's very respectable, especially comPared to the so called muscle cars of the 60's & 70's. I'm sure the cars of today would blow away most of the early muscle cars.

Ghoste

I like the Camaro a lot more than I thought I would but I would still take the Challenger.

ACUDANUT

Dodge needs to drop their prices on the Challengers..Hell, I can get a new Camaro covertible for the price of a reg plain chally.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

Yes.  Between the number of dealers who bizarrely still want to add the greedy bastard surcharge and the msrp to begin with, an already crowded market niche becomes harder for Dodge.

ACUDANUT

Will Dodge ever wake up ?

TK73

Dodge lost my business when they delayed release of the Challenger, pushed the date back several times.  June 2008 I got tired of waiting and bought a Mustang GT... Glad I did, the Mustang is a better car anyways.

Camaro is ok but I didn't like the limited rear visibility compared to the Mustang.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ChgrSteve67

I have driven both the Camero and the Challenger and the RS Camero is pretty equal to the SE Challenger.

I definately didn't like the location of the parking break in the Camero and the blind spots are much bigger as well.
I give added points to the Challenger for comfort because the inside is bigger and you are not as laid back. Sitting up more makes it a lot easier to get in and out of the car (For me).

The Camero V6 is 312 hp vs the Challengers Pentastar V6 at 305. I'm sure the Challenger weighs more than the Camero so if you want to get into a drag race between the two the Camero will probably win.

Price difference between the two... The Camero RS I looked at was 29K and had options like heated leather seats, rally gauges, sat radio (no navigation) and heads up display, and my Challenger was 31K for the same options but included Navigation, 20 inch rims and upgraded breaks but did not have a HUD. I like the feel of the leather in my Challenger compared to the leather in the Camero but I would still be happy with it.

I get lots of attention in the Challenger and I'm sure I would get about the same in the Camero.

I think both are great cars and you can't go wrong buying either one.

The Mustang for me is just so over done and even more crampt inside than the Camero but if I wanted a a lot of performance for the money you can't beat it. It also has the largest market for aftermarket parts between the three.

BTW I went down to the Bay area and back in my Challenger last night and averaged 27.2 MPG (235 miles).

-Steve

TK73

"The Mustang for me is just so over done and even more crampt inside than the Camero but if I wanted a a lot of performance for the money you can't beat it. It also has the largest market for aftermarket parts between the three."

What was overdone?

I'm 6'6" 235lbs... The Mustang is a good fit for me.  I have no need for the back seat so that is basically a CD storage area...

Aftermarket is INCREDIBLE for Mustangs!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

ChgrSteve67

Overdone in that everyone has there version...

Shelby GT-H
Shelby GT500KR
Shelby CS6/8
Shelby GT500E
Shelby GT500 "Super Snake"
Roush
Steeda
Saleen
Iacocca Silver 45th Anniversary Edition
Heat Edition
Ford T-5
High Country Special
Ski Country Special
Challenger Special
Mustang Cobra II
King Cobra
McLaren M81
Mustang SVT Cobra
Mustang SVO
Bullitt
Warriors in Pink
Mach 1
Anniversary editions
FR500
AV8R

and this dosent include the reguar production models like standard, GT, New MACH 1 and BOSS 302 versions.

Everytime I watch Barret Jackson there is a new 1 of 1 or new limited edition Mustang.
There are what...  500 million Mustangs made.  Nothing Unique about them anymore.  

Talking about the back seat is pointless in all three. Its there so its not classified as a sports car by the insurance industry, its not meant to be used.

chargermike

hate the new camaro. looks cramped bad body style. the rear end looks funny. have owned many camaros. love the mustangs and challengers but chevy could have done much better. but they are fast and many people love them. but i'll take the challenger.

mitch64

I still have not driven a new Camaro, but I like what I see. I have an 09 R/T Challenger and an 09 Mustang v6. They are both great cars, but I can seat three kids or modest sized adults in the back of the challenger. My oldest daughter wants a new Camaro, but she is 5 years away from driving age, so we shall see. Love this site, have been lurking here for years but never posted. I own 3 other mopars: 73 charger, 70 charger and 70 gtx.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 15, 2011, 11:29:14 PM
Overdone in that everyone has there version...

Shelby GT-H
Shelby GT500KR
Shelby CS6/8
Shelby GT500E
Shelby GT500 "Super Snake"
Roush
Steeda
Saleen
Iacocca Silver 45th Anniversary Edition
Heat Edition
Ford T-5
High Country Special
Ski Country Special
Challenger Special
Mustang Cobra II
King Cobra
McLaren M81
Mustang SVT Cobra
Mustang SVO
Bullitt
Warriors in Pink
Mach 1
Anniversary editions
FR500
AV8R

and this dosent include the reguar production models like standard, GT, New MACH 1 and BOSS 302 versions.

Everytime I watch Barret Jackson there is a new 1 of 1 or new limited edition Mustang.
There are what...  500 million Mustangs made.  Nothing Unique about them anymore.  

Talking about the back seat is pointless in all three. Its there so its not classified as a sports car by the insurance industry, its not meant to be used.

Dang..Well stated. They have about 20 "special editions/mods"...Way overkill.

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: mitch64 on October 16, 2011, 09:50:04 AM
Love this site, have been lurking here for years but never posted. I own 3 other mopars: 73 charger, 70 charger and 70 gtx.

Welcome Mitch

We would love to hear about your collection and some pics would be great.
I would love to own a 70 gtx.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

My wife drives a new Camaro Convertible and loves it  :yesnod: I wish Dodge made a Challenger convertible... That, I would buy!  :2thumbs: Wait, I bought the Camaro, already...  :brickwall:

68RT4ME

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 16, 2011, 02:40:38 PM
My wife drives a new Camaro Convertible and loves it  :yesnod: I wish Dodge made a Challenger convertible... That, I would buy!  :2thumbs: Wait, I bought the Camaro, already...  :brickwall:

See now my wife had the opposite reaction to the Camaro Convertible and so did I. Last Monday we had a rare day off together and went car shopping. The Convertible was on her list of cars she was interested in. We took out a $37,900 RS model that was loaded. The salesman was a nice guy who sat in back as we drove and explained the options. The HUD was cool but after we parked and left the dealership we began to talk about it and we both felt is was kinda on the cheap side for the money. It didn't ride very and well to make a long story short, we simply were not impressed with the car at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking car and we were surprised we didn't like it. The hunt for her new ride continues...
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

xpbprox

Quote from: 68RT4ME on October 16, 2011, 07:03:51 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 16, 2011, 02:40:38 PM

See now my wife had the opposite reaction to the Camaro Convertible and so did I. Last Monday we had a rare day off together and went car shopping. The Convertible was on her list of cars she was interested in. We took out a $37,900 RS model that was loaded. The salesman was a nice guy who sat in back as we drove and explained the options. The HUD was cool but after we parked and left the dealership we began to talk about it and we both felt is was kinda on the cheap side for the money. It didn't ride very and well to make a long story short, we simply were not impressed with the car at all. Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking car and we were surprised we didn't like it. The hunt for her new ride continues...
I agree about the ride, with those huge DUBZ on it you can feel all the road imperfections. And it can get kind of loud. My cousins older brother has a challenger SRT 8 but I doubt he will be as nice and let drive it haha it's a stick too :( one day!

Dino

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about any of those cars?  I don't find the Camaro, Challenger or Mustang to really be anything special.  The Mustang and Challenger are nice looking cars but they are a mere shadow of their predecessors.  Frankly I get tired of seeing one every five minutes, Mustang at least, not that many Challengers around.  Now I don't dislike them, they look fine and I'm sure they perform great but they don't have anything going for them like the old rides do, there's no real art in the design.  That goes for the interior mostly I guess, I love the interiors on old cars but these new cars look boring as hell.  There's a guy in my area with a black Challenger that I run into from time to time.  Every time I see the car I try to like it, try to find something that stands out, but I can't.  I didn't tell the owner though, he's very nice and why would I step on his dream, apparently he cherishes it as it's spotless every time.  When he give me the thumbs up for my Charger, I return the favor, at least he's into cars.

The Camaro is plain and simple a design freak, it's ugly no matter how you look at it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1970Moparmann

A friend picked up a 2010 with 10k miles and has had a horrible experience.   The engine, trans, and air conditioning system has gone out.   The service he has received by multiple dealerships has been piss poor also. 

Next, I rented one for a day trip around the Midwest....  WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.   First off, the windshield and side windows are so small even against the 300 and Charger.   Due to the slope of the window, I had a really back problem with it frosting up, because the defroster hits the windshield from about half way up.  WTF.

Granted the car was from Enterprise, but it only had 5k miles on it.  The fit and finish was not impressive with me.   It rattled and there were a bunch of noises - window rattle and plastic rattling.   

I was excited to get it initially, but was glad after I dropped it off. 

Of course this is just my  :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1969chargerrtse

Always wondered what a RS version would look like?  Saw this custom grille Camaro today.  Kinda cool.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 22, 2012, 07:39:32 PM
Always wondered what a RS version would look like?  Saw this custom grille Camaro today.  Kinda cool.

My wife's Camaro Convertible is a 2SS/ RS, so it has the "halo lights"  :coolgleamA: So glad it does not have a grille like that. It would have been a deal breaker  :Twocents:

Ghoste

I don't mind it myself.