News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Down With Evil Corporations - Warning, Not a PC Pic. Deal With It.

Started by 68X426, October 14, 2011, 03:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BB1

Delete my profile

HPP

I have no problem with big corporations. I have no problem with greed, per se, as it motivates a lot of us to reach further.

I do have a problem with politicians who sell the public out to the highest bidders who alter public law that only benefits a few. I have a problem with voters who say they can't make a difference so they don't vote, they don't communicate with elected officials, and they don't pay attention to all the bad laws that politicians pass to further their interests and the interests of the highest bidders they serve.

So my problem with the majority of this "occupy movement" is that they just seem to have a meandering dis-satisfaction of things without outlining an agenda of change to motivate people to get behind their cause.

TK73

Yeah, seems people are missing the point: Protests aren't against corporations, they are against deregulated corporations that abuse the power they have gained... Banking, Pharma, military contractors, etc...

Have a nice day  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

nh_mopar_fan

Seems to me that the protest shouldn't be against a corporation that is not paying enough taxes because they are playing by the rules. Should be protesting against the people that set those rules. That's Washington.

Not that any of these clueless magenta-haired nose-ringers have even a remote notion of what their "cause" is.

TK73

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 14, 2011, 04:01:34 PM
Not that any of these clueless magenta-haired nose-ringers have even a remote notion of what their "cause" is.

I lived with a magenta-haired, tattooed, nose-ringer for 5 years... G D!! Those were some good times!!  We did things that are illegal in most states (eh, all states), not to mention countries... :2thumbs:

PS; come to think of it we did illegal thing in other countries too...  :D

Thanks for the memories  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Budnicks

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 14, 2011, 04:01:34 PM
Seems to me that the protest shouldn't be against a corporation that is not paying enough taxes because they are playing by the rules. Should be protesting against the people that set those rules. That's Washington.

Yep, I agree, they should be protesting outside of the offices of the real people responsable, Chris Dodd, Berny Franks, Nancey Poloesi, Harry Ried, Barbra Boxer, Dianne Finestien & the whole white house, amongst many, many others {sorry if I misspelled any of the "douche bags" names that helped to get us in this big mess}
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.