News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought a 2001 Dodge 1500 4x4 [UPDATE 2/25/2014]

Started by TruckDriver, October 13, 2011, 07:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I pick it up tomarrow. It has the 360 in it, and 100,500 miles. There is a little surface rust on both doors, but whats there will be easy to clean up and touch up. It has a bed topper too. The bottom picture is off the dealer website.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TK73

Head to the hills!!  Get some dirt flyin
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Todd Wilson

Did you get rid of the Dakota?   If your truck starts using oil it may be the plenum gasket needs replacing.  I had to do that to my 95 Ram 360.

Todd

TruckDriver

No, I kept the Dakota. I am going to use it as a winter better til I give it to my oldest son. And thanks for the info.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

I just picked these up tonight for my truck. They started with these in 2001 on the Off Road packaged trucks. Tire have about 20% tread. Enough to last me til the end of the year.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/pts/3160567589.html
PETE

PocketThunder

Quote from: TruckDriver on August 22, 2012, 10:52:17 PM
I just picked these up tonight for my truck. They started with these in 2001 on the Off Road packaged trucks. Tire have about 20% tread. Enough to last me til the end of the year.

http://appleton.craigslist.org/pts/3160567589.html

Much better than those 3-spoke wheels...   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

What a difference a set of wheels will do for appearance  :yesnod:

PETE

TruckDriver

Happy birthday to me... New catback Dual exhaust and exhaust tips all for $300, and I did not do the exhaust. I took it to a exhaust place locally. Got a Thrush turbo muffler with a lifetime warranty on it.

Hear it running below

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=633299473353034&set=vb.100000189602119&type=2&theater
PETE

Cooter

Twin exhaust always looks/sounds good. Truck looks great. I'm still modding my own 99 Ram 2500 360 magnum myself.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

71ChallengeHer

ACUDANUT

20 percent tread left ?  Your playing with fire. :scratchchin:

TruckDriver

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 28, 2013, 01:52:32 PM
20 percent tread left ?  Your playing with fire. :scratchchin:

I don't have those tires on it now (the ones that were on the wheels when I bought them). I found a good used set at a used tire shop back in January with a good 1/3 tread on them for $50.00. They are the same kind though, BFG All-Terrain T-A KO LT285 -70R17 tires.

I also got all new head lights and fog lights from Rock Auto for $170. to put on it soon as it warms up a bit. You can see the headlights on my truck now are turning black on the insides. I give Rock Auto a perfect 10 on the wrapping scale. It literally took me close to 15 minutes to get everything unwrapped from the packaging  :lol:
PETE

TruckDriver

I also got a whole new stereo system. The radio is a factory refurbished (which I never had a issue with them from Kenwood). But everything including the dash adapter and stereo to factory wiring harness (not pictured) all for $290. It helps to be long time friends with the manager and employees at the music store  :yesnod: The 6x9 speakers are 300 watts per channel, and the radio lighting can be changed to any color I like.
PETE

lukedukem

Did you have issues with the built in amps. I had a single cab 4X4 it was a 1994. And when I went to put in a aftermarket radio I had to take out door speaker and remove the built in amps they had. Just curious.
Man I should've never sold that truck. 94 single cab, shortbed, with a 318. Same color combo as yours. It just wouldn't pull the 18 ft trailer loaded with the tractor. Diesel does though.

Sweet truck

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TruckDriver

Thanks Luke. I haven't started the stereo yet. I have to replace the top dash cover cause mine is junk. I ordered one from LMC truck. So, once the weather warms up,  I'm going to rip the top of the broken dash out, and do the stereo at the same time.
PETE

Back N Black

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

4/6/2013 Installing new shocks on my truck, at my friend Jay's house. Did the steering stabilizer too. What a difference on how it rides and drives. The shocks appeared to be factory yet. We were going to change the distributor cap, rotor and wires, but couldn't get the cap off :brickwall:

PETE

TexasStroker

Very nice...I've got an 01 Off-Road myself...those are some of the best factory 5 spokes ever, imo anyway  :2thumbs:

Did you land new center caps for them?  Those "flat" Ram heads seem to get tossed like nobody's business...It's something you really notice if you look (Dakotas and Durangos too).  I lost one and had to hit up a scrap yard to get one...it was scuffed up pretty bad.  The one in that pick looks mint.  If you still have the wheels off you might want to dab silicone around them...

The ones they will sell you are the chrome ones with a raised Ram head...don't look right w/ the wheel.

Hope you continue to enjoy it...just watch for the dash cracking  :'(
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

TruckDriver

Quote from: TexasStroker on April 07, 2013, 03:53:49 AM
Very nice...I've got an 01 Off-Road myself...those are some of the best factory 5 spokes ever, imo anyway  :2thumbs:

Did you land new center caps for them?  

just watch for the dash cracking  :'(

I totally agree that they are the best looking factory wheels ever. And no, the caps were on the wheels when I bought them. The wheels came off a 2004 Ram originally. I turned down a set of polished 16 x 10 Eagle Alloy 8 hole wheels for these. And I like he Eagle Alloys a lot.

And my dash was all broke to heck when I got the truck, but he dealership never hid that from me, the were honest about it. They covered it with a dash cover before I even looked at the truck. I did order a brand new reproduction dash cover from LMC Truck, which should be here later this week sometime. I am going to replace the old one when I put my Kenwood stereo system in.
PETE

TexasStroker

Nice...still after all this time, the Off Roadster rims remain my favorite...I do like my M10's painted classics, but the Off Road is a nice 5-spoke and they remind me a bit of the Viper.

I'm looking forward to seeing the dash cover...it has been on my to do list for quite some time...Please post up how you like it, and of course installed pics!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

TruckDriver

Should be here this week. But I'll post on it too.
PETE

TruckDriver

4/10/2013 - My new dash cover from LMC Truck came today! Love the quality. Way better then factory.

PETE

lukedukem

my 94 had a crack in the dash when i bought it used. after a couple of months pieces started to break off and it just crumbled after that, i thought it was because the truck was a ranch truck and it sat in the sun for years, but for some reason those trucks did that, you would think that dodge would have figuered something out from 94 to 01.
some one even asked my when i bought my 06 "How long do you give it till the dash starts to crack". i think he was joking cause i've got 97k on it and 90k of it it was stored outside, before i bought my house and stored it in the garage, and it has no cracks. yet.

i saw in town yesterday there is a truck just like yours for sale. bumper is bent, and i'm not sure the milage but they only want 1500.00.   :shruggy:

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC