News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a valve Tic ???

Started by Canadian1968, October 10, 2011, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

Hey guys after all summer messing around with our 68 Charger we finally got to take it for a nice cruise the other day.  The motor itself is running pretty well, we were concentrating on getting the shift pattern fix, it was holding far to long in 2nd gear.  As I was waiting to hear it shift into 2nd I would start to hear a ticking noise at approx 3000RPM ( tac isn't working ) Sounds like a bicycle with the baseball card in the spokes. 

I don't hear it at lower rpms, and under hard throttle or WOT I don't seem to hear it either. Only at while crusing and goin threw the gears ?  Suggestions?

We put in a new rad, MP electronic ignition ( Orange ECU) , and a set of new valve covers FYI

Challenger340

You think it is an Engine Tick ?

Sound like a Lifter Ticking/ Bleeding down ?

Whose Lifters ?(if you know).
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Canadian1968

I am pretty sure they are still the stock lifters in there. THe heads have been pulled a couple years ago but I am pretty sure stock lifters were put back in .

And does anyone know why my tac is not working after the ignition swap?? There are only 2 wires that operate the tac from research. Why does it not work now?

Chryco Psycho

Canadian1968

exhaust leak is possible, there is a small amount of smoke that can be seen coming from the passangers side of the engine. But we did also just change valve covers and the gasket shifted during the install which lead to an oil leak. We figured it was still some oil burning off. BUT it could also be an exhaust leak.  Would it not get louder though with more throttle??