News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So 70'S I could Let it go to the crusher! *PICS added*

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, October 11, 2011, 09:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Been back and forth to an Estate sale for the last 4 days. So much stuff I still haven't seen it all. Lots of older import stuff. There was 3 older custom vans and I just couldn't stop looking a this one. It just had that old school cool factor. Well today they offered me a deal as long as I wouldn't send it to the crusher. Well now I own a 68 Chevy van. They say they all ran when parked in the 90's, so time will tell. Inside is like a time machine! :apimp:  O0 Groovy Dark Side of the Moon!
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

johnnycharger

F-img awesome!  The only thing that should go to the crusher is wine grapes!
:2thumbs:

terrible one

YES! Thatis awesome, love the Floyd mural and the slots, looking forward to more pics and progress, time to get that thing running and driving again!  :coolgleamA:

TK73

Paint it BLACK and add the prism... Do Floyd PROUD!!

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

A383Wing

Merc Cougar taillights..

and sidepipes....are they real?

68coronetGLwannabe

Yep the side pipes are hooked up. They are in really nice shape and have Thrush emblems on them. I will oil up the cylinders tomorrow and try to fire it up.
"That's us in 10 years".

400/6/PAC

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mpdlawdog

Way cool!! Love the tail lights and side pipes!
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

nvrbdn

this is a sweet score.what engine is in it? soooo cool. i did a van back in my vannin days that was called  "comfortably numb". and a buddy had a ford flat nose called "welcome to the machine" ill have to look for the pic's tonight. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 12, 2011, 09:28:11 AM
this is a sweet score.what engine is in it? soooo cool. i did a van back in my vannin days that was called  "comfortably numb". and a buddy had a ford flat nose called "welcome to the machine" ill have to look for the pic's tonight. :2thumbs:

I figured it was a 283. I did some research and see they changed in 1968 to a 307 engine. It is also a 3 on the tree manual!  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

nvrbdn

looks like the back door is a one piece lift door?? i actually think i have the chevy van badges that go on this van in the garage. :yesnod: what were the other vans that they had?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

i just noticed in the pic that the van must be running over someone as the pic is being taken. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

djcarguy

far out man,cool ride,dude....................i have a 67 econ supervan,all wood and carpet and bed ,shaggin waggin

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: djcarguy on October 13, 2011, 08:43:27 AM
    far out man,cool ride,dude....................i have a 67 econ supervan,all wood and carpet and bed ,shaggin waggin

A friend said I should call it the "Winnie-Bang-o".
"That's us in 10 years".

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

PocketThunder

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on October 13, 2011, 10:37:49 AM

"The Fox Box"   O0
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ChgrSteve67

mightywing7

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

Stretch

I bet there is a "Happy sack"  in there somewhere. What color is the shag carpet?
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

napaguy

I would leave it as is and throw a matress in the back!!!! That thing reaks of awesomeness

68coronetGLwannabe

Its ALIVE! Sounds pretty good. will post pics soon.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

pics
"That's us in 10 years".

A383Wing

wow..I thought it was an airplane cockpit at first....may take some time to figure out what all those switches & lights are for, huh?

I had a 69 Chev van back in the 80's...it was the shorter wheelbase (90") if I remember...had a V8 with 3-on-the-tree also....but block was cracked....so I put a 250 straight six in it...bolted right up to mounts & trans....was a good little van

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 13, 2011, 11:51:37 AM
Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on October 13, 2011, 10:37:49 AM

"The Fox Box"   O0

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.