News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whatever happend to "Boring Oregon" General Lee circa 1981-82?

Started by ChargersETC..ETC.., October 09, 2011, 02:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargersETC..ETC..

Back in the early 1980's there used to be a General Lee for sale in BORING OREGON!!!
Does anyone know more about it or own it now ?
This was probley one of the earliest replicas unless it was real?
I guess the car sold years ago since it was no longer able to be seen on the hill along the road for sale since aprox 1981-1982?

bull

Boy, that's going back quite a ways. I live near Boring now but in the early 80s I was in Eastern Oregon. Try calling Wildcat Auto Wrecking up in Sandy, OR. They might know something about it.

http://www.wildcatmopars.com/

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

First one I recall seeing is a General Lee in / around 1980 - I was young and impressionable and thought it was real... We chased it down, only to find out it was a replica  :coolgleamA:

ChargersETC..ETC..

Yep long time ago. The car was for sale between Boring and Damascus Oregon alongside Highway 212 maybee a mile from Boring.

Quote from: 440 on October 10, 2011, 03:20:18 AM
I hope it's my car but I doubt it :shruggy:
Me too somebody must own it somewhere

I don't know if Wildcat Auto Wrecking was around in the 1980's? I've been to Wildcat several times never heard or asked about the Boring General Lee if someone wants to ask them go for it.
Back then there used to be a Mopar wrecking yard near Gresham OR near the old Kmart and movie theatre but...the wrecking yard went out of business around the 1990's ?

Maybee the car was displayed at local car show and someone has a picture of it.As far as I know the car was a replica?
I heard the wheelstander General Lee orange crush car was displayed at the Portland Expo Center but that is Not the Boring replica car as far as I know because as far as I know the wheelstander wasn't even built until around 1985 or so.

Brock Lee

I know of 3 replicas built in 1979. Only 2 of them still exist.

ChargersETC..ETC..

ChargersETC..ETC..

I have asked about the Boring car before on either the North American General Lee Fan Club or Confederate General Lee Fan Club message boards .It seems no one knows anything about the Boring General Lee . It was a local car so found it interesting I don't know whatever happened to it.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: ChargersETC..ETC.. on October 10, 2011, 12:31:26 PMIt seems no one knows anything about the Boring General Lee . 

:hah:   ...maybe it's because the General Lee isn't "boring..."    :icon_smile_tongue:

ChargersETC..ETC..

I know it was about the coolest thing in town of "Boring"  back then  :icon_smile_big:

Too bad nobody knows anything about it, VIN or anything unusual about it that could help identify it would be useful.