News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use Coast High Performance / Probe stroker kit??

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, October 10, 2011, 03:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahitsgotahemi!

http://www.coasthigh.com/Chrysler-505-Dish-Top-20-4cc-Dominator-Kit-p/14896-dm-m505.htm

Shopping for a 500 cu.in. stroker kit. The three options I've found are 440source, Mancini, and Coast High Performance (CHP). I've seen CHP kits for ford engines, but just learned they have a Mopar kit. It uses all Probe pistons, crank rods...

Anyone have any experience with Probe or CHP? Or would you just go with 440 Source or perhaps another?

MS
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

yeahitsgotahemi!

No  :Twocents: from anyone huh?

I forgot about Indy, they got their kit as well.

Right now I'm leaning towards 440source. They have a lot of options for the piston dish to get the compression right...

Prices for a balanced setup are all about the same.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

firefighter3931

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on October 10, 2011, 03:55:11 PM
Or would you just go with 440 Source or perhaps another?

MS

I Like the Mancini 493 stroker kit with Eagle rods/crank & Diamond pistons.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

the stroker we built using an Eagle crank took 7 hs of machining to get clearance so itwould rotate inside the block so we have never used one since

firefighter3931

The 4.5 stroke Eagle crank dropped right into my block with no machining.  :2thumbs: The Rods needed a light hone but were otherwise good.  :icon_smile_big:

Every 440 Source crank that my machinist has used needed some work....now he just sends them all to the crank grinder for a 10/10 cut  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Challenger340

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 12, 2011, 11:44:36 PM
The 4.5 stroke Eagle crank dropped right into my block with no machining.  :2thumbs: The Rods needed a light hone but were otherwise good.  :icon_smile_big:

Every 440 Source crank that my machinist has used needed some work....now he just sends them all to the crank grinder for a 10/10 cut  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Ron

I gotta RANT here...apologies !

GEEZUZ !
Ron, you mean I am NOT the only one ?
I got so sick & tired of taking a Mic to the 440Course stuff, then scratching my Head ? Trying to figure out how to "pussyfoot" around with Rods & Main Bores to make clearances "happy", and worrying about it later.....
wasting valuable TIME......
CRANK GRIND Right away to .010/.010 "minimum" !  :2thumbs:

I will still Mic the Eagle Cranks first, not as bad mostly, but still lots of Grinds, NEVER had a problem with Eagle fit either.....

You hear stories, "all great" out of the Box from other Guys ? on the 440Course stuff......yep, all "shiney" maybe...
and all I think when I hear that....
Yep, Shiat WILL Run !

Only wimps wear Bowties !