News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garage Size For A 69 Charger

Started by y3chargerrt, October 10, 2011, 09:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

How well will a 69 Charger fit in a garage thats 11' X 22 1/2' with a 8' door?

1970Moparmann

Plenty.  I have a 20 x 20 and fit two.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

RKCHARGER

bobs66440

Quote from: RKCHARGER on October 10, 2011, 09:25:43 AM
The bigger the better!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:
I agree. Whatever size you think you need, double it at least! Trust me.  :yesnod:

y3chargerrt

I'm not building one it is on a house I'm trying to buy now. I figured it would fit but of coarse wish it was bigger!

RKCHARGER

My shop is 20X40!  Thinking about add another 20 lol ! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The dimension which is going to raise your eyebrows the most, is the 8-ft door.

reason why, is the opening, once trimmed out, is typically 7-ft 9-in.  :o

y3chargerrt

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 10, 2011, 10:39:06 AM

reason why, is the opening, once trimmed out, is typically 7-ft 9-in.  :o

I walked off the opening and its 8' from side to side. Maybe the doors considered a 9' one?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: y3chargerrt on October 10, 2011, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 10, 2011, 10:39:06 AM

reason why, is the opening, once trimmed out, is typically 7-ft 9-in.  :o

I walked off the opening and its 8' from side to side. Maybe the doors considered a 9' one?

I have 8' and 9' doors on my house - they are all smaller than the advertised door size due to trim, etc. I would use a tape measure to be precise  :popcrn:

projectanimal

That should be fine for parking, but a little tight for working on it!   :cheers:
northwest CT

PocketThunder

Quote from: y3chargerrt on October 10, 2011, 09:12:25 AM
How well will a 69 Charger fit in a garage thats 11' X 22 1/2" with a 8" door?

22 and a half inches, gosh that seems awfully narrow.   :icon_smile_big:  8" seems like a small door too...  :nana:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69charger2002

a typical charger is 17'6 give or take. so the 22' depth is not an issue. the car is basically 6' wide at it's widest so once you're in the 11' will be fine even opening the door. the dimension you will always have to pay attention to is the 8' door. sure you're thinking hey that's a foot on each side no big deal. but if you're not going in that door dead straight you lose inches in a heartbeat.. plus when you're using your side mirror it's almost useless because those beautiful quarters come up and over so much it is hard to judge. don't ask me how i know..  :RantExplode: the 8' door requires attention.. that mistake cost me $600 in body and paint at my old storage unit i was renting right after getting married. as said before- the size for your car is fine. don't expect to be able to maneuver around in there with a toolbox with elbow room to work on it..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

It definitely needs to be bigger than Richard Hammond's garage.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 10, 2011, 02:13:15 PM
a typical charger is 17'6 give or take. so the 22' depth is not an issue. the car is basically 6' wide at it's widest so once you're in the 11' will be fine even opening the door. the dimension you will always have to pay attention to is the 8' door. sure you're thinking hey that's a foot on each side no big deal. but if you're not going in that door dead straight you lose inches in a heartbeat.. plus when you're using your side mirror it's almost useless because those beautiful quarters come up and over so much it is hard to judge. don't ask me how i know..  :RantExplode: the 8' door requires attention.. that mistake cost me $600 in body and paint at my old storage unit i was renting right after getting married. as said before- the size for your car is fine. don't expect to be able to maneuver around in there with a toolbox with elbow room to work on it..

Yea, what he said! I haven't scuffed mine yet but I have ended up backing up to get a more "direct" attack path though.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: bull on October 10, 2011, 02:44:55 PM
It definitely needs to be bigger than Richard Hammond's garage.

Hey, that was funny!  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

twodko

We had a ToughShed single car garage put up in 2000, 14x24 with an 8 foot rollup. Of course I'd love a double garage, car fits fine though.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

XS29LA47V21

I cut studs out, put in head to close OH door some years ago... :shruggy: :smilielol: :smilielol:   

Just 6T9 CHGR

The 8' door is plenty wide even if you have an angled shot like I have  :pity:

My garage is now 16'w by 20' deep (after I added 5' to the side of it).....with the Charger parked in the center of the main area I can walk around the car if need be with door shut....your extra 2 ft of depth will be much easier
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chargermike

my shop is 20 by 60 with 18 ft. celing.

bull

twodko

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 10, 2011, 05:16:26 PM
The 8' door is plenty wide even if you have an angled shot like I have  :pity:

My garage is now 16'w by 20' deep (after I added 5' to the side of it).....with the Charger parked in the center of the main area I can walk around the car if need be with door shut....your extra 2 ft of depth will be much easier

Yep, that's pretty much identical to my Charger Cave.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!