News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who do I Will my Chargers too?

Started by GordonGriggs, October 09, 2011, 02:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

Im not sure if this topic belongs in here, but it is basically a Charger question.

Im going to see my lawyer and have my Will written out. The only problem I have is I don't know who or what organization to leave my Charger's too. I don't have any children,brothers, or sisters. The family member's I do have are NOT into cars. Even if they were they are not very good at managing money. I don't want my Charger's to go to just somone that will put them on ebay.

Everything else is going to the local Humane society.

Any advice?  :scratchchin:

A383Wing

Ohhhh....Ohhhh.....Pick me! Pick me!!

TruckDriver

I'll take one  ;)

In your case, if it was me, I'd donate them to a chairity that helps disabled children or one that helps abused animals for them to auction the cars off. Everyone will benifit.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

i agree,  id use an organization that helps children, like childrens hospital  that specializes in childrens care and pays for the famlies to stay here in ronald mcdonald housing for free to be next to their kids while they go through the treatment :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Rolling_Thunder

My Charger goes to my best friend Amanda...     Road Runner goes to my other Friend Elizabeth   

Yes - it's weird being 25 years old and having my death already planned out but yeah...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bobs66440

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 09, 2011, 03:36:28 PM
i agree,  id use an organization that helps children, like childrens hospital  that specializes in childrens care and pays for the famlies to stay here in ronald mcdonald housing for free to be next to their kids while they go through the treatment :2thumbs:
Yep, give it to the kids.  :yesnod:

69charger2002

Gordon my best advice is to either give the car to a charity as a donation, or to another charger enthusiast.. it would be really cool if you had met a younger person who maybe saw it at a car show and fell in love with your car.. or someone maybe that you know who wants a charger but can't afford one, etc.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1970Moparmann

I have 3 cars and 3 sons - hmmm :scratchchin:  If I ever decide to have another car, I guess the wife will get it.  :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

41husk

mine will go to my wife or kids, but none of them are car people.  They will all be for sale a week after I fall :eek2:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dodgedarren

Keep one, sell the rest, and go one a 6 month cru around the world and get some strange in every country you port.

RKCHARGER

Friend of mine past not to long ago and will'd very nice car to Children's Hospital. The had a charity auction and sold it to an enthusiast for over 100K and the proceeds went to them in the form of a donation in his family's name. I think it's an amazing thing to do!!

skip68

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 10, 2011, 08:05:19 AM
I have 3 cars and 3 sons - hmmm :scratchchin:  If I ever decide to have another car, I guess the wife will get it.  :nana:

:smilielol:  When you say the wife will get it are you saying she'll get the other car or are you saying she's really gonna get it?    As in another baby?  ???    :rofl:   

I agree with Travis.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparstuart

how about an automotive museum  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tilar

You can leave them to me. I have 130 acres so there is plenty of room.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

twodko

Mine will go to my grandson when (if) he finishes college with a 4 year degree, otherwise I'm with truck driver.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

maxwellwedge

I'm outta room here so the Childrens hospital/Charity sounds like a good idea... :2thumbs:

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 10, 2011, 08:02:43 PM
I'm outta room here so the Childrens hospital/Charity sounds like a good idea... :2thumbs:

Jim if you need somewhere to store those extra long B-bodies with the funny front bumpers let me know. I'll clear out some space for one here.

66chargerkid

Choose a young guy like 19 years old who loves mopars and loves chargers.... I guess that would be me =)

Fred

My dear wife................other than her I don't know of anyone worthy.   :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

Quote from: Fred on October 10, 2011, 11:46:52 PM
My dear wife................other than her I don't know of anyone worthy.   :shruggy:

see reply #1

Fred

68X426

Quote from: A383Wing on October 09, 2011, 02:57:58 PM
Ohhhh....Ohhhh.....Pick me! Pick me!!

Yeah, you should pick him. He's Old & Confuzed. :hah:

Seriously, a local charity, like the Food Bank, would be pleased to auction off the car and give a helping hand to the hungry. That way you spread the good will to many.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

nvrbdn

what ever you choose, (there are many great organizations to pick from), just make sure you pick something and get it in writing so (heaven forbid) an accident happens, the state wont get control of it. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

Quote from: dodgedarren on October 10, 2011, 09:17:05 AM

Keep one, sell the rest, and go one a 6 month cru around the world and get some strange in every country you port.
Some how I don't think strange will be all that great after I am dead :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chryco Psycho

I have a similar situation , no one left just my Mom that should go before me , my wife which would be the obvious & no one but friends after that 

Aussie R/T

Quote from: GordonGriggs on October 09, 2011, 02:56:04 PM

Im not sure if this topic belongs in here, but it is basically a Charger question.

Im going to see my lawyer and have my Will written out. The only problem I have is I don't know who or what organization to leave my Charger's too. I don't have any children,brothers, or sisters. The family member's I do have are NOT into cars. Even if they were they are not very good at managing money. I don't want my Charger's to go to just somone that will put them on ebay.

Everything else is going to the local Humane society.

Any advice?  :scratchchin:

If sending it half way round the world tickles your fancy pic me.I sure would like to actually drive one of these dodge  chargers one day.My car came back from the restorer after two and a half years looking like my avitar and due to my wifes illness not a lot has changed.The state of the car is that bad I keep it covered as my stomach still gets all churned up when I see it.Prior to this debacle I kept Aussie chargers for years and had a ton of fun showing them to the younguns at our local chrylser car shows but this dodge has pretty much bled me dry and not just the money.Also it would be nice to have something to work off if you have a nice 2nd gen that's if I ever get the money and the guts to let another restorer have a go at painting it .Just to sweeten the deal I'll leave it too my Son he was supposed to go to the year 12 prom in my car but due to incompetence he would have had to push my car there in undercoat.Lucky for me I had a mate two towns away with a XP Charger that he was able to put a 426 into manage to put a smile on his face but it's not the same as going in dads car.

Other than that a charity sounds good Idea though that would entail selling them to the highest bidder and that is what you were trying to avoid,so I guess you better pack one up for the trip Downunder.lol

A383Wing

our 3 kids already got us dead & buried as to what cars they want...we got the Daytona, couple of 66 Chargers, the Pontiac, and the Metro...plus the Dakota & PT Cruiser...we already sold the Dart convert....may just sell all the others and not worry about them

jaak

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69_500 on October 10, 2011, 08:27:08 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 10, 2011, 08:02:43 PM

Jim if you need somewhere to store those extra long B-bodies with the funny front bumpers let me know. I'll clear out some space for one here.

And that's why you guys are the best. I am touched... :'(

Fred

I think I'll take mine with me.
  I just watched the movie "Drive Angry" and it's possible!   Seems there really is a highway to hell.   :drive:

A34

I just had this discussion with a friend. Leaving a classic car to a non-car person is a curse not a blessing. They won't understand how to take care of it or know who to get to work on it. So, all your hard work will slowy erode away as local shops goober the car up. If they don't have a place for, and don't understand how to store the car, it will go downhill and all your hard work will be for naught. Then, when it doesn't run right, the paint is ruined or is just generally a shadow of what it once was, they will get disgusted and try to sell it. The sharks will swarm, and they will not get what they once could have gotten. It will be a bad experience for everyone but the shark.

So, if you don't have anyone to leave them to that will enjoy them and take care of them, it's best to donate to a charity of your choosing, or sell yourself, and enjoy the money how you see fit.  Put it in writing in a will, with a trusted executor, or you're taking a chance that your wishes will be followed.

I have educated my wife as to the value of my cars and parts and how to find current market value in case of an untimely demise. I've warned her about so called "friends" that could come out of the woodwork and try to snake the cars for nothing. I saw it happen to a friend of mine several years ago. He had seven or so cars in various conditions. Wife was going to keep them all and give to her kids. About 5 years rolled by and no one was interested and nothing had been done to the cars. In this case "family" showed up that wanted the cars, they were sold cheap, and all of them were kept less than a month and then resold by the family member.  I don't guess she cared, but I know it would have angered my friend with all the blood, sweat, and tears he showered on those cars.

That's my  :Twocents:

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

stripedelete

Quote from: A34 on October 13, 2011, 10:15:55 AM
I just had this discussion with a friend. Leaving a classic car to a non-car person is a curse not a blessing. They won't understand how to take care of it or know who to get to work on it. So, all your hard work will slowy erode away as local shops goober the car up. If they don't have a place for, and don't understand how to store the car, it will go downhill and all your hard work will be for naught. Then, when it doesn't run right, the paint is ruined or is just generally a shadow of what it once was, they will get disgusted and try to sell it. The sharks will swarm, and they will not get what they once could have gotten. It will be a bad experience for everyone but the shark.

So, if you don't have anyone to leave them to that will enjoy them and take care of them, it's best to donate to a charity of your choosing, or sell yourself, and enjoy the money how you see fit.  Put it in writing in a will, with a trusted executor, or you're taking a chance that your wishes will be followed.

I have educated my wife as to the value of my cars and parts and how to find current market value in case of an untimely demise. I've warned her about so called "friends" that could come out of the woodwork and try to snake the cars for nothing. I saw it happen to a friend of mine several years ago. He had seven or so cars in various conditions. Wife was going to keep them all and give to her kids. About 5 years rolled by and no one was interested and nothing had been done to the cars. In this case "family" showed up that wanted the cars, they were sold cheap, and all of them were kept less than a month and then resold by the family member.  I don't guess she cared, but I know it would have angered my friend with all the blood, sweat, and tears he showered on those cars.

That's my  :Twocents:

Agreed.  That's very much the way it goes.  With guns they don't even wait for you to get cold.

It would be cool to find "me" 28 years ago and just give "me" my car.  But I was a very fortunate 20 year old.  So many things had to go right to hold on to a car that long.  It's one thing to have the passion, but, it's another to have free, dry, safe, storage, and no desperate need for extra funds, while life takes you in different directions.

Actually, Bakerhillpins would have got a pretty good deal if I'd been hit by a bus before he found his car.  It was great fit, established person, car becomes part of the family and loved for another couple of decades.   AND my wife would then have the Mustang convertible that I'm dragging my feet on.  :icon_smile_big:

So my vote is charity in your will in case you go out quick, otherwise, sell it before you're gone so you can make absolutely sure the money gets to the right place.   

Plum Crazy 68

My solution is for you to be buried in one with a Mopar headstone :engel016:

GT

Problem solved for all to enjoy:

1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8