News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Car Can Be Seen From Outer Space - Can Yours?

Started by 68X426, October 12, 2011, 02:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The thread about "what region do you live in" got responses that had maps included. Well that got me thinking, so I googled away, and there it is.

On some date in the recent past my Hemi Orange Road Runner was out in the driveway and yes, it was visble from outer space. Now is that a great Hemi Orange paint job or what?  :lol:

Post up your car as seen from outer space if you can. A plane flyover is good, but a satellite shot is great.  :rofl:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Budnicks

My car being Ultra Flat Black at the moment, would just blend in with the freshly sealed driveway probably & not even show up...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

68X426

Quote from: Budnicks on October 12, 2011, 07:06:05 PM
My car being Ultra Flat Black at the moment, would just blend in with the freshly sealed driveway probably & not even show up...LOL...

Hadn't thought of that, sort of like the Stealth Bomber. Funny stuff.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Budnicks

Quote from: 68X426 on October 12, 2011, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 12, 2011, 07:06:05 PM

Hadn't thought of that, sort of like the Stealth Bomber. Funny stuff.  :yesnod:
Yep
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Bob T

The day the google earth van drove past taking the streetview photos, we were working on a customers variable speed drive out of a printing machine in the garage and had all the cars on the road and in the driveway.
The guy helping me had a 72 Mercury Montego and my old 71 Chrysler Valiant and 2 other work vehicles were there.
We had just enough time to say " Hey look at that van with the weird camera on a pole at the back" when they drove by.
Needless to say, its on the internet , cant right click save it tho .

Good pic of the RR by the way, as seen from Space , the final frontier  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Can't right click save it either.  :scratchchin:
Something to work on over the weekend!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

doctor4766

You can hit the "print screen" button though and paste into a program like MS Paint and save it from there.
Gotta love a '69

bobs66440

Quote from: 68X426 on October 12, 2011, 02:49:43 PM
The thread about "what region do you live in" got responses that had maps included. Well that got me thinking, so I googled away, and there it is.

On some date in the recent past my Hemi Orange Road Runner was out in the driveway and yes, it was visble from outer space. Now is that a great Hemi Orange paint job or what?  :lol:

Post up your car as seen from outer space if you can. A plane flyover is good, but a satellite shot is great.  :rofl:

Hmm, is that a scratch I see on the hood?? Ooops, no, sorry. Just a piece of dust.  :lol:

1969chargerrtse

Here's a fly over we had done about 6 years ago.  There sits my 72 454/4 vette conv.  I miss that car.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

napaguy

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on October 13, 2011, 04:18:01 AM
You can hit the "print screen" button though and paste into a program like MS Paint and save it from there.

Learning all the time.............and they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

A383Wing

I got one of the Pontiac, the Metro, & the Daytona out of the garage saved on my other computer....I'll post it up this weekend when I turn it on

41husk

You can't even see my cars from the street and thats just the way I like it :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Fred

I'm inclined to agree with you.
The fewer people that know where they are, the less chance of any of them going missing.

A383Wing

Here's mine..the cars were out of the garage for some reason...but they all go back in at night...our house has the blue & orange thingys over it...last pic has my Dakota in front

In the first 2, you can see the Purple Daytona, the big blue Pontiac, and the little orange Metro

Bryan

Road Dog

Weather Channel has more up to date satellite pics. The B5 Blue shows up nice. I must have been driving it this day. It is usually covered.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.