News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Al Davis won't be down for, um, the coach's meeting

Started by bull, October 08, 2011, 11:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

that stuff is so true. especially with the old rams colors which were yellow and blue. i have to say atleast the gold looks much better. but growing up especially as a kid in school, what is cooler, the raider colors and emblem, or that lame yellow and flashy blue? its a no brainer on that one.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 20, 2011, 12:20:32 PM
a lot of faegolas in L.A. already root for them because theyre the closest team.  

I'm not gonna stop your little rant about how you feel about the Chargers, but I have seen KC fans, and I have seen Chargers fans, and none of them wake up at 6AM to put on costumes and makeup, just hoping to get some camera time. It's bad enough they look like complete weirdos watching a football game for 3 hours. I probably know more about Raiders football than most of the clowns who sit in the lower section acting like it's Halloween.

ps- Go anywhere in NJ on Sunday and see Giants or Jets jerseys as far as the eye can see. Go to PA and see Steelers gear all week in any town in PA. N.W.A made it cool to wear black and silver...not the Raiders.

BananaDan

Quote from: Chris G. on October 20, 2011, 08:08:02 PM
a lot of faegolas in L.A. already root for them because theyre the closest team.  

I'm not gonna stop your little rant about how you feel about the Chargers, but I have seen KC fans, and I have seen Chargers fans, and none of them wake up at 6AM to put on costumes and makeup, just hoping to get some camera time. It's bad enough they look like complete weirdos watching a football game for 3 hours. I probably know more about Raiders football than most of the clowns who sit in the lower section acting like it's Halloween.

ps- Go anywhere in NJ on Sunday and see Giants or Jets jerseys as far as the eye can see. Go to PA and see Steelers gear all week in any town in PA. N.W.A made it cool to wear black and silver...not the Raiders.

:rofl:

Word. F*ck tha police (and Dallas)!
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bull

Chris, I think you'd make a great Raider fan. Your online attitude is actually very similar to the people you described in your first paragraph above. You might be a 135-pound pansy for all I know but once you put on your internet 'costume' you become a raving, chest-puffing lunatic, just like the freaks in the Black Hole. :lol:

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2011, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 06:14:43 PM
:shruggy: "your not saying anything I don't all ready know"    :flame:   :hah: If your so adamant about that, why bash the Raiders fans

Hmmm...kinda confused because this is the second time you quoted that, but now you are enraged.  :shruggy:

Anyway...I am not adamant about anything in regards to my teams. I know our flaws and deal with them year after year. Raider fans on the other hand just spit stupidity time and time again, which has displayed it's ugly head right here in this thread. It's not anyone in here's fault you have a crappy team that has spiraled for years, and after watching your clown of a coach today in his press conference, it looks like it's gonna be a long road. I thought Cable was bad, but man...get a clue Oakland.

Again, I am not bashing Raiders fans, I am bashing Raider stupidity, which for whatever reason, so many Raiders fans love to accept and display themselves.

Oh, and from EVERY single Chargers fan out there, Thank You for erasing Leaf's history and becoming the team who had the worst draft pick of all time. We all thank you for that.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I just forgot to add it to the earlier post, not enraged just needling you & wanted to make the hypocritical point is why it was quoted twice, it just helps show your hatred for the Raiders....  Oh yeah "Ryan Leaf" that was a great move there, kind of like our Jamarcus Russell debacle I think he may be the worst ever three years & 39 million dollar mistake, at least you guys got rid of, Leaf allot quicker & spent allot less...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Your talking about such a small portion of fans, that shit started in LA so they could as you said "get some TV time" in the Hollywood crowd, very few people even do it, your trying to say all Raiders fans are like that, just shows your petty ignorance...

472 R/T SE

I dreaded the day the old man died but the recent moves the Raiders have made restored faith that it wasn't just Al Davis behind all the jacked up contracts & trades.

Enjoy it while you can Raider fans, cause in 3-4 years you'll be the floor mat of the NFL again. 

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/A-Distinct-Hue.html

"Most general managers in the NFL value first and second-round draft picks like gold. Regardless of the opinion of Carson Palmer as a player – although most management I have talked to see him as a declining, not ascending player – it is difficult to think of another team that would make this trade. Can you imagine a general manager such as Ted Thompson or Bill Belichick trading these picks for any player? I cannot.

Yes, I know there are some who like the move for the Raiders, solidifying their most important position in a year in which they have experienced some early success. And this trade may look like a positive move in the coming weeks and months.

But let's fast forward to 2014 and this likely scenario: Palmer is either a declining player with a high salary or perhaps even no longer with the team. Dalton is reaching his prime and two valuable assets – a first-round pick from 2012 and a first or second-round pick in 2013 – are becoming key contributors for the Bengals and under contract for years at low salaries.

Carson Palmer is the Raiders' hope for the present and – whether he is there or not – future as well. "

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 21, 2011, 06:42:47 PM
I dreaded the day the old man died but the recent moves the Raiders have made restored faith that it wasn't just Al Davis behind all the jacked up contracts & trades.

Enjoy it while you can Raider fans, cause in 3-4 years you'll be the floor mat of the NFL again. 

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/A-Distinct-Hue.html

"Most general managers in the NFL value first and second-round draft picks like gold. Regardless of the opinion of Carson Palmer as a player – although most management I have talked to see him as a declining, not ascending player – it is difficult to think of another team that would make this trade. Can you imagine a general manager such as Ted Thompson or Bill Belichick trading these picks for any player? I cannot.

Yes, I know there are some who like the move for the Raiders, solidifying their most important position in a year in which they have experienced some early success. And this trade may look like a positive move in the coming weeks and months.

But let's fast forward to 2014 and this likely scenario: Palmer is either a declining player with a high salary or perhaps even no longer with the team. Dalton is reaching his prime and two valuable assets – a first-round pick from 2012 and a first or second-round pick in 2013 – are becoming key contributors for the Bengals and under contract for years at low salaries.

Carson Palmer is the Raiders' hope for the present and – whether he is there or not – future as well. "

Or Dalton is a bust & Carson Palmer is a savior, who's to say, time will only tell, Draft picks are always a crap shoot you never know how good a college guy will be in the NFL, I don't agree with a bunch of the stuff, I am just a loyal fan, I'm assuming just like you, we just are fans of different teams...

moparstuart

poor al is rollin over in his grave     GO chiefs
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

its a great day, the wife just got a batch of salted pumpkin seeds out of the oven, and the chiefs won :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

I started laughing as soon as I turn on my computer, I knew the hatters would be the 1st  :slap: to jump in...    Hey guys I'm going to start another thread it's getting borderline disrespectful to boost about the Chiefs winning or The Raiders Loosing on a thread that was started to pay respects to the late great Al Davis RIP

nvrbdn

ok, cool. i will bow out and not disrespect this post with football talk. raiders fans its all yours  :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 23, 2011, 06:48:26 PM
ok, cool. i will bow out and not disrespect this post with football talk. raiders fans its all yours  :cheers:
I started another football thread for, football talk of any kind, hopefully some civil discussions, lets take it there...

bull

Ponch jinxed it with his smack-talking before the game. :rotz:

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on October 23, 2011, 07:11:39 PM
Nah they just didn't have it today, a back up QB, a new QB with no time to get use to the players & timing of the routes & plays, too many injured players, too many penelities {like normal} it seems like half the defense is out, then Janikowski out, he's a big part of their scoring game....

472 R/T SE

You're actually gonna play the too many injured players' card?

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 23, 2011, 07:59:55 PM
You're actually gonna play the too many injured players' card?
That's my story & I'm sticking too it...LOL... I added more than that, but your right, that sounds too much like all the other looser fans out there...

The70RT

Chiefs lost three of their best early on but lets forget it all. If the Raiders would have won we never would have heard the end of it!!!  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Budnicks

Quote from: The70RT on October 23, 2011, 09:08:59 PM
Chiefs lost three of their best early on but lets forget it all. If the Raiders would have won we never would have heard the end of it!!!  ::)
With all the bad blood & bashing going on can you blame people for it, I would have needled you a little, but the hater stuff is stupid, it should be just a rivalry, unless you are actually playing in the game, then it becomes personal, otherwise it's all in fun...

Ponch ®

Lest anyone think Im in hiding....thats not the case. I just dont even know what to say.  :shruggy:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 24, 2011, 12:16:55 PM
Lest anyone think Im in hiding....thats not the case. I just dont even know what to say.  :shruggy:
ponch speechless its a miracal   :icon_smile_big: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on October 24, 2011, 12:35:40 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 24, 2011, 12:16:55 PM
ponch speechless its a miracal   :icon_smile_big: :nana:
:yesnod:

472 R/T SE

I'm in a $100 fantasy football league.  I won it last year.

This year I had the 1st pick in the draft & I picked Leshean McCoy.  All the managers questioned my sanity & after 3 games I was undefeated & had the best RB in our league.

So unlike me, I started a thread on that leagues' forum sort of mocking the other managers for giving me shit.

Ever since that thread I've lost every week.  I'll be 3-4 after this week.

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 24, 2011, 06:19:49 PM

I'm in a $100 fantasy football league.  I won it last year.

This year I had the 1st pick in the draft & I picked Leshean McCoy.  All the managers questioned my sanity & after 3 games I was undefeated & had the best RB in our league.

So unlike me, I started a thread on that leagues' forum sort of mocking the other managers for giving me shit.

Ever since that thread I've lost every week.  I'll be 3-4 after this week.
Yes smack talking, will end up biting you in the A$$ every time.. it seems in my case anyway...LOL...