News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Al Davis won't be down for, um, the coach's meeting

Started by bull, October 08, 2011, 11:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822ee022/article/davis-was-an-innovator-loyal-to-each-and-every-raider?module=HP11_hot_topics

Al Davis, dead at 82. As a Raiders fan I can't say I like what he's been doing with the team for that past 10 years or so but no matter what you or I think of him as an owner or person he was good for the NFL.

Charger440RDN

I was shocked to see the news  today, I thought it was a joke. Seemed like the old man would live forever. Sad day for us Raiders fans and the NFL.  RIP AL :'(

moparstuart

great AFL and great football guy .   but the raiders may benefit from some new blood also 
:Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on October 10, 2011, 09:38:09 AM
great AFL and great football guy .   but the raiders may benefit from some new blood also 

Yes, but probably a good deal of disarray in the meantime.

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on October 10, 2011, 11:55:57 AM

i dont know anything about there ownership group ?  who becomes managing partner now  ???

Budnicks

"Just Rest Baby" as a die hard almost life long Raider fan, I too was shocked {kind of knew he was ill} to hear of Al Davis's passing, it is a great loss for all, not just football fans or Raider fans, he was the 1st & probably the last to be an, ass. coach, a scout, player personell manager, offensive coordinator, head coach, general manager, general partner CFO, league comissioner & team Owner... He was also the 1st to hire a woman to general manager, draft a black QB in the 1st round, 1st to hire a minority head coach not 1 but 2 before any other team {hespanic} Tom Flores & {Black} Art Shell... he was a leader in what ever community he was at, We will all miss you Al, Rest in piece... My condolences go out to his team, family & friends....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on October 10, 2011, 12:26:39 PM

i dont know anything about there ownership group ?  who becomes managing partner now  ???

Mark Davis his son for the time being, he has been rumords to say he will bring in a true football person like a John Madden or Matt Millen to run football operations, he is a money/financial guy not a football guy, that's what I heard....

bull

Quote from: Budnicks on October 10, 2011, 02:08:26 PM

Mark Davis his son for the time being, he has been rumords to say he will bring in a true football person like a John Madden or Matt Millen to run football operations, he is a money/financial guy not a football guy, that's what I heard....

Oh, Madden would be sweet! He and Millen both would be even sweeter. They definitely need a GM who knows the game and is NOT related to Al.

Ponch ®

Matt Millen?!?!?! Al's corpse could probably do a better job of running the team...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 10, 2011, 03:11:59 PM

Matt Millen?!?!?! Al's corpse could probably do a better job of running the team...

Al's corpse has been doing it for the past ten years already.

The70RT

Quote from: bull on October 10, 2011, 07:05:16 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 10, 2011, 03:11:59 PM

Al's corpse has been doing it for the past ten years already.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on October 10, 2011, 02:44:05 PM
He and Millen both would be even sweeter. They definitely need a GM who knows the game and is NOT related to Al.

:smilielol: :rofl: :smilielol:

Only a true Raiders fan would give Matty Millen a nod to run the show. It's almost as if you want to be bad forever. They have a good thing going right now, so let's toss Millen into the mix. It's clear now why most Faider fans dress up and get wasted at games and know nothing about what Raiders football should really be. Millen?...Millen???  :smilielol:

R.I.P. Al and talk to your kid about his hair cut. What is that, a frontward mullet?

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on October 11, 2011, 08:22:31 PM
He and Millen both would be even sweeter. They definitely need a GM who knows the game and is NOT related to Al.

Only a true Raiders fan would give Matty Millen a nod to run the show. It's almost as if you want to be bad forever. They have a good thing going right now, so let's toss Millen into the mix. It's clear now why most Faider fans dress up and get wasted at games and know nothing about what Raiders football should really be. Millen?...Millen???  :smilielol:

R.I.P. Al and talk to your kid about his hair cut. What is that, a frontward mullet?
Don't be such a hater, You ever been to a Raiders game ?  or are you just going by what you seen on TV ? like most of the haters out there, it's just idle talk, nobody says anyone is a shoe in, look at the Detroit Lions now 5 & 0 most of them are Matty's boys, he was just not getting it done, while he was there, I'm sure ownership had something to do with it too... but he was a great player that's for sure... I would agree with you on 1 thing, Mark Davis need to go to a real barber & loose the "Bowl cut, Dorthy Hammel look"...

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on October 11, 2011, 08:31:08 PM
I would agree with you on 1 thing

Really? Only 1? That's your problem right there.

Matty's boys... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

64dartgt

Hmmm...I always thought that the Raiders were where old football players went to die...oh...sorry...that is just their careers.   :rofl:

It is a shame, but few remember all the good Al did to help form the modern NFL because it is overshadowed by his recent actions.

RIP Al  :cheers:

Budnicks

Quote from: 64dartgt on October 11, 2011, 09:00:40 PM
Hmmm...I always thought that the Raiders were where old football players went to die...oh...sorry...that is just their careers.   :rofl:

It is a shame, but few remember all the good Al did to help form the modern NFL because it is overshadowed by his recent actions.

RIP Al  :cheers:
They sure would come & take the money that's for sure, how many other teams other than the 49ers, Steeler's, Cowboys, Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, Patriots, Giants, Green Bay can say they have been in "multiple Super Bowls in multiple decades"

bull

I said Millen with Madden, as in Madden being Millen's boss. Where did I say he gets my nod to run the show? No, I would not want Millen running anything in Oakland without Madden calling the shots, especially not the draft (even though I don't think Harrington was a bad choice at the time). Despite his past, Millen could still be an asset if he were given a job on the field.

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2011, 03:23:22 AM

I said Millen with Madden, as in Madden being Millen's boss. Where did I say he gets my nod to run the show? No, I would not want Millen running anything in Oakland without Madden calling the shots, especially not the draft (even though I don't think Harrington was a bad choice at the time). Despite his past, Millen could still be an asset if he were given a job on the field.
Harrington was great QB in college, he didn't have a line for shit in the NFL, much like Alex Smith with the 49er's until lately & I would agree with you Millen "shouldn't" be in charge, without some over-site or guidance, but he has gone way farther & know way more, than any of the arm chair QB's/coach's that think they know football here... I'm just saying... Does any one here have a 40 year resume' in football, like Millen... Don't get me wrong I would think Madden would be the best guy for the job hands down, of those 2 but Millen knows football...

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on October 12, 2011, 04:34:07 PM
Does any one here have a 40 year resume' in football, like Millen... Don't get me wrong I would think Madden would be the best guy for the job hands down, of those 2 but Millen knows football...

You guys are better than real life.  :smilielol:

Madden Resume:

1. I coached a hundred years ago and can still do it. I can even run a franchise if need be.
2. I have a kick ass video game

Millen Resume:
1. My last stint ended with an 0-16 season which I built. I love perfection and it's hard to beat 0-16.
2. I actually had a website created to eliminate my job and run me out of Detroit. Who else can claim that?
3. I look smart on TV, but really...I am not the guy for this job.

(Back to me)...I will be the first guy in the stands with a "Hire Madden and Millen" sign. Green Bay loved when Millen was in charge. As a Faider hater until death, I wish for nothing more than your dreams to actually come true.

:2thumbs: for the laughs.

moparstuart

Quote from: Chris G. on October 12, 2011, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 12, 2011, 04:34:07 PM
Does any one here have a 40 year resume' in football, like Millen... Don't get me wrong I would think Madden would be the best guy for the job hands down, of those 2 but Millen knows football...

You guys are better than real life.  :smilielol:

Madden Resume:

1. I coached a hundred years ago and can still do it. I can even run a franchise if need be.
2. I have a kick ass video game

Millen Resume:
1. My last stint ended with an 0-16 season which I built. I love perfection and it's hard to beat 0-16.
2. I actually had a website created to eliminate my job and run me out of Detroit. Who else can claim that?
3. I look smart on TV, but really...I am not the guy for this job.

(Back to me)...I will be the first guy in the stands with a "Hire Madden and Millen" sign. Green Bay loved when Millen was in charge. As a Faider hater until death, I wish for nothing more than your dreams to actually come true.

:2thumbs: for the laughs.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

The70RT

Budnicks

"Just Win Baby" after today's win over the Browns 17 & Raiders 24, it's been a while since being able to say that very many times in a year lately... Don't be such a nay sayer, let me rebel in my glory for a little while at least...  Who is your guys teams ?,  just wondering...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Budnicks on October 16, 2011, 10:22:43 PM
"Just Win Baby" after today's win over the Browns 17 & Raiders 24, it's been a while since being able to say that very many times in a year lately... Don't be such a nay sayer, let me rebel in my glory for a little while at least...  Who is your guys teams ?,  just wondering...

hey you know how it goes man..."F-- Raider Haters!"

Im glad we pulled another win, but losing Campbell was quite a price to pay. Who knows though...could be a blessing in disguise, between talk of trading for Carson Palmer and with Pryor waiting to have a shot.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 17, 2011, 04:16:23 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 16, 2011, 10:22:43 PM
"Just Win Baby" after today's win over the Browns 17 & Raiders 24, it's been a while since being able to say that very many times in a year lately... Don't be such a nay sayer, let me rebel in my glory for a little while at least...  Who is your guys teams ?,  just wondering...

hey you know how it goes man..."F-- Raider Haters!"

Im glad we pulled another win, but losing Campbell was quite a price to pay. Who knows though...could be a blessing in disguise, between talk of trading for Carson Palmer and with Pryor waiting to have a shot.
Yep I know too many F---ing haters out there that usually don't know shit about football, just what they see on the TV tube...  It will be tough if Cambell is injured for a long time we will see I guess, Boller has to step up now, I doubt if Pryer is ready... I for 1 just love football especially College, Pros/NFL, Arena & even Canadian, you name it, very few time will I ever put some one down for what team they like, my deal is just be a loyal fan of who ever your team is not the flavor of the month like a lot of the fans are... I will give people a bad time at times, 99% in jest, one of my brothers, my Pops & one of my brother in laws, are all die hard 49er fans after 1980 when they started to be winners anyway, I give them crap all the time, but that's different than bashing some one, it's sibling rivalry shit & they know it's all in fun... It's a sport that everyone can love, you don't have to like my team, but you don't kneed the bashing crap either, it's just childish petty crap in my opinion, I have a bunch of old football buddies, some I played with & some are just fans, 1 is a die hard Lions fan I'm actually glad he has something to brag about, I even have a old buddy that's a die hard Patriots fan, I don't even bash him {well unless we are playing them or they show a replay of the "tuck rule" or something}, I played for the love of the game from age 8-22 then from 25-29 from Pee Wee to Wop Warner to Jr.High to High School to University or Oregon to semi pro cop league stuff back in the mid/late 80's...   Talking football is a subjective thing for a lot of people they seem to either hate or love one team or another, I don't care who your team is, if they are looser's or winners as long as your a fan of football, & don't spout hatred out of ignorance...

The70RT

You guys could be winless and you would still all sound the same  :rofl: