News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fourth generation muscle

Started by super77se, October 07, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super77se

1977 xs22 wanna be R/T SE       

THE CHARGER PUNK

Stretch

I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

super77se

yea

super77se

more

super77se

front...

TK73

F-IN COOL :2thumbs:

Cordoba-body hatin elitists can STUFF THAT  :rofl: :rofl:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

super77se

no matter how you slice it , it IS a B Body and if dodge had offered an R/T SE package on their xs22 body style , i can imagine it would have included the R/T options such as cop suspension , 440 magnum , scoops , front and rear spoilers, stripe kits and all the heavy duty and go fast goodies dodge had to offer during the "muscle car" era . 1977 was the very last year for the B Body CHARGER SE , by 1978 ,the magnum had taken over the charger platform and soon to come to an end in 1979. the 77 xs22 may not be the most desirable body style BUT, WITH A LITTLE CREATIVITY LOL , it can still be an attractive ride and still maintain a certian amount of muscle. as we all know, being a b body, you can bolt in a 440 magnum 4 speed dana 60 as if it were built from the factory , and function very nicely with the already equipped big disc brakes and 11 inch rear drums ,front and rear sway bars ,optional color keyed racing mirrors and high back buckets,console,tuff wheel, and you could still get 15 inch ralley wheels. one thing is for sure though, theres got to be 400 lbs. between the front and rear bumpers lol. i have a 1970 440 magnum that i have just started to put together and maybe hopes for a (do i dare say it) a833 four speed set up.you hardly ever see any one doing anything with the 4th gen chargers and most have been crushed and the other portion dont run and are rusting away as most people are only interested in the 68-74 chargers. production for the 77 charger SE was barely over 23,000 units and of those a handful got the daytona option and that was only a paint and stripe option and shared everything else with the SE. FYI - this was not a cordoba per-se, yes the platform was the same as was the sheet metal BUT, the rear bumper, fillers,taillights,taillight housings, are completely all charger, as was the front grill and front bumper grill insert ,door panels and bucket seats ,as was the lack of chrome down the center of the hood and the chrome belt moulding down the sides and of course the emblems and the XS22 vin number which is charger SE .any way ,a little food for thought to all you doba haters out there lol

super77se

a couple more

Daytona R/T SE

I like it! :coolgleamA:

I'd add a set of T tops to make it perfect. :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

sweet. thanks for posting. thats what a 4th gen should look like :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

Oh yah.   :drool5:  NICE!     Good job.   
:cheers: :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

THE CHARGER PUNK

DAYTONA WING!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: (just puttin that out there :rofl:) -Matt

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

super77se

a while back i had seen a 78 magnum with a bird wing and they were actually claiming it was a 1 of 1 dealer installed option (but they couldnt provide any documentation) trying to pass it off as a seriously rare car (ok , seriously dude) but none-the-less ,it actually looked ok. BUT this thing , would look SICK from the rear and the side with a blue wing !! hmmmm... now you got me thinkin......i can almost picture it now......

71charger

Am I the only one who doesnt like it??? :Twocents:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 07, 2011, 07:58:56 PM
I like it! :coolgleamA:

I'd add a set of T tops to make it perfect. :2thumbs:

I think the car would bend with T-tops. Cutting out those inner fenders without replacing them with some sort of tubing from the firewall to the front frame horns is not a good idea on a unibody. I was guilty of doing it in the 70's on a drag car and I bent the car up. I straightened it out and added the frame ties in that area.

super77se

the inner fender wells actually bolt in and yes i have 2 inch thickwall tubing that will bolt in from the upper firewall and bend down to the frame rails ,those inner fenderwells are just hideous and couldnt find in me to bolt them back in lol

super77se

it is definatly a love it or hate it ...but this is all youll see of it ,but thanks for your three dollars worth lol

TK73

Quote from: 71charger on October 07, 2011, 10:15:15 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt like it??? :Twocents:

No, there have been plenty of Cordoba-body haters here...

TK73

Quote from: super77se on October 07, 2011, 10:03:05 PM
BUT this thing , would look SICK from the rear and the side with a blue wing !! hmmmm... now you got me thinkin......i can almost picture it now......
\

Nah, no wing. BADASS as it is...

super77se

thank you for the encouraging words...i dont get many as more often than not, people hate these cars even the purist mopar lovers. but i have owned nothing but mopars my whole life ,the list goes on and on including plenty of earlier chargers and they are getting so hard to find without a grip of cash . i ran across this one by chance and ive never attempted to put any money or time into any 75-77 BBody so it was time and well to be honest , i think it looks bad ass from the back with the centerlines and it still has that old school bbody feel.

doctor4766

Looks cool  :2thumbs: , but I'd dump the shit out of it. It looks a little high to me
Gotta love a '69