News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fourth generation muscle

Started by super77se, October 07, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie316

That brings back memories. Buddy had a 79 300. We cruised everywhere in that thing. I always wanted one and still do. It would be a great mate to my 71.
1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 11, 2013, 01:52:57 PM
You know Lance both sets of wheels look great on it. The steelies gives it a more factory look
but the centerlines look more muscular (and a cordoba needs as much muscle-look as it can find). oh, and i love the rear end up high, true 70s show.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: aussiemuscle on February 12, 2013, 10:05:07 PM
Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 11, 2013, 01:52:57 PM
You know Lance both sets of wheels look great on it. The steelies gives it a more factory look
but the centerlines look more muscular (and a cordoba needs as much muscle-look as it can find). oh, and i love the rear end up high, true 70s show.

His isn't a Cordoba it is a Dodge Charger there is a lot of difference  in body parts. But they do share the same platform and basic body panels. Here is my Cordoba with Magnum doors.

super77se

thanks for encouraging words , i will get up more older pics and some new soon

Lizey

What year Cordoba is that? I found '79 Magnum doors for sale I want to pick up but I wasn't sure they'd fit my '77 Charger.
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Lizey on February 13, 2013, 11:17:39 PM
What year Cordoba is that? I found '79 Magnum doors for sale I want to pick up but I wasn't sure they'd fit my '77 Charger.

It's a 78 and 79 doors should fit. 78-79 were interchangeable. I can put a 78-79 Magnum front clip with no problems.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 13, 2013, 11:18:55 PM
Quote from: Lizey on February 13, 2013, 11:17:39 PM

It's a 78 and 79 doors should fit. 78-79 were interchangeable. I can put a 78-79 Magnum front clip with no problems.

Sort of like nowadays.  The Magnum, 300 & Charger all have interchangeable front ends.

super77se

been a while , thought I would update
1977 440 home to be rebuilt

tanked , cleaned , new cam bearings , freeze pugs , honed

super77se

fresh heads , just about ready to go . cam is 284/480 ,  not a race engine by any stretch , but will be respectable.

set up a home made run stand to break it in before I drop it in the car

thing fired right off

super77se

a solid 70 pounds of oil pressure at 180* . carb is a holley 1850 600 for now. oil pressure dropped off to 58 after 30 minutes of run time

thing is a BEAST , and sounds so good

super77se

confirmed she is a fresh healthy runner , now its time to ditch the 360 .

yanked most of the front sheet metal just to make it easy

super77se

a quick freshen up of the bay in preparation for the 440
this is before lol

super77se

in she goes , how cool , ive been looking forward to this for over a year

went right in without a single hitch

super77se

super77se

new torker II intake going on

new 440 4 barrel decals on the scoop

super77se

thing runs so good its sickening lol

air cleaner . im still trying different carbs , find a perfect match

super77se

the new holley 4160 600 runs good , im about to try this 750 AFB . so we shall see

super77se

im going to dig out the front bumper , I have a pair of 15 x 7 centerlines coming for the front which will get a 205/65/15 put on them , looking at a 2500-2800 converter and maybe a 391 gear coming soon. the car runs great and will roast off the 255/70/15s , but I know there is a lot more in it.

billssuperbird

super77se

for those who may be wondering , this is a big block sitting in a small block K member using BB mounts. you must mount the trans first , you will have to do some creative cutting and put the mounts in front of the engine bosses . it works , and everything else falls into place. its sitting exactly where it should be confirmed using an original BB car for measurements. its either that or find a BB k member, or spend close to 200 bucks from shumacher for the conversion mounts , of which both , I have read of others having issues with.
here is the original mock -up

super77se

the hedman long tube 78030 fit perfect. the best way is to remove the steering box. they will both go in from the top and work with a full size starter
you may want to put one small dent in the drivers side by the steering box just for added clearance. I didn't like how close it was

charge69

Awesome work, my friend! Keep it up and you will definitely have a badazz 4th Gen Charger!

super77se

Quote from: charge69 on April 18, 2013, 10:18:24 AM
Awesome work, my friend! Keep it up and you will definitely have a badazz 4th Gen Charger!

thanks man , I appreciate the kind words. its getting there !

Cooter

Been checking this thread out since the beginning. Didn't feel compelled to post till I saw the last pictures. Well done. This is what Hot Rodding is all about. Building your own creation and making that thing perform better than stock. Awesome ride. Should haul when done.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

polywideblock

you HAVE been bussy ,great job  :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE