News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fourth generation muscle

Started by super77se, October 07, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super77se

keep at it cliff , you will get her done. theres nothing there that cant be repaired

Old Tired Rebel

Thanks Lance my Charger first then the Doba

super77se

try again

super77se

a couple more

Old Tired Rebel

Looking good Lance that 440 is going to be great in your car.

super77se

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 10, 2013, 09:34:43 PM
Looking good Lance that 440 is going to be great in your car.

thanks , i cant wait Cliff. i still need to do something with the air cleaner , but this spring it should be in and running.

Old Tired Rebel

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Old Tired Rebel

super77se

Quote from: polywideblock on February 10, 2013, 09:50:17 PM
is it a 4wd or something?

yes it has dana 44's front and rear with a new process transfer case. im waiting on my 33's

super77se

its your kind of bullshit comments that discourage people. FYI poly wide blocks are ...............................................

polywideblock

its comment like that from nubies that start shit that gets their threads locked nice 4wd must go around corners REAL good

super77se

Quote from: polywideblock on February 10, 2013, 10:07:19 PM
its comment like that from nubies that start shit that gets their threads locked nice 4wd must go around corners REAL good
i dont care , talk shit in your own thread and stay out of mine . worry about the weak 120 HP your poly puts out and not how my car handles

its that kind of crap that has kept me away from here for over a year. im not here 20 minutes and i have a nice fellow mopar dude bashing my shit. i would expect that crap from a chevy dude , or maybe you are

UH60L

Quote from: super77se on February 10, 2013, 10:03:02 PM

its your kind of bullshit comments that discourage people. FYI poly wide blocks are gay.

Well, I wasn't going to use the term "4wd", but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the first picture (especially since there were/are some 4wd chargers out there...).  Not a fan of the stance, regardless of what car it is or what year it is.  It just looks, well, all jacked up....

It's your car, do what you want....live with the feedback....

Your not gonna pick up any cool points throwing around gay comments either.....

P.S.: I like the color, actually makes that year of car look good....

super77se

Quote from: UH60L on February 10, 2013, 10:48:07 PM

P.S.: I like the color, actually makes that year of car look good....

i deleted that "word"..... and thank you for saying something positive. believe me i catch crap everywhere i go. i was going to continue and post pics of the 3" i lowered the back and the 2" i took out of the front but it aint gonna happen. i didnt chose that ride height in the rear , that was the way i got the car with some obscene re-arch of the leaf springs. i chose to paint it before i messed with ride height. the only reason i have this thread was so that the guys out there that own these cars and catch all kinds of garbage for owning a bastard sub-par worthless black sheep charger wouldnt feel so bad about owning one. you all have a good one. im out

polywideblock

super77se it appears we've goten off on the wrong foot!  you've taken AUSSIE humor
as acid sarcasm. what i should of said was   hey dude nice car :2thumbs: but why's she up so high   or in AUSSIE nice 4wd. it's what i would of said to one of my mate's if he showed me he's new car .the second one was a response to the gay thing ,no one's ever called me that before!! 3 kids married 20 years10years mc club, separated 5years  guess you hit a nerve, haven't lost it in years guess I'm not completely "cured" .ANYWAYS  lets try again hey dude nice car  :2thumbs: but why is she jacked up ?

super77se

Quote from: polywideblock on February 10, 2013, 10:59:07 PM
  super77se it appears we've goten off on the wrong foot!  you've taken AUSSIE humor
as acid sarcasm. what i should of said was   hey dude nice car :2thumbs: but why's she up so high   or in AUSSIE nice 4wd. it's what i would of said to one of my mate's if he showed me he's new car .the second one was a response to the gay thing ,no one's ever called me that before!! 3 kids married 20 years10years mc club, separated 5years  guess you hit a nerve, haven't lost it in years guess I'm not completely "cured" .ANYWAYS  lets try again hey dude nice car  :2thumbs: but why is she jacked up ?

LMFAO , DUDE , i never said YOU were gay. i dont even know you. but i do know POLY 318's LOL . you all have a good evening. my apologies for getting defensive , but when you own a 77 charger , it comes with the territory LOL

green69rt

Let's break the thread and get back to the good stuff.  I personally like the car.  I never even thought a gen 4 could look that good.  Well done!!!

brigond

Well , I've gotta respect anyone that can get that deep into car restoration / modification like that. I believe that all the attention in this thread is evidence that you have accomplished recognition  of the 4th generation charger. You can't deny cool. Nice mopar.
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

1974dodgecharger

its a great looking car I say  :cheers: granted like other folks said it does look like you could of modified  it to make it a 4wheel drive vehicle based on its stance, nothing wrong with that either.

Such as there is a forum member on here who is modifing his charger for 4 wheel drive though he has not updated it awile now.

keep up the good work....

VegasCharger

That's bad ass!!!!! I like the look of the front more so w/o the bumper. Keep up the good work.  :2thumbs:

billfury

I like it. I use to have a few Cordoba's back in the day. Funny thing is, I just started face book and with all the cars I had, everyone remembers my 76. The front end was up, and the ass end sagged on that thing. Now that's what I look like now lol.  Have fun with it.

GOTWING

I have always liked these cars, along with Magnums, Cordoba's, and the 75 Road runner, My mother had a 79 Chrysler 300 with T-tops and later passed it down to my brother when he turned 18 in 1997. Your car looks really cool ( with the front bumper ) ha ha , I like the hood paint and scoop, looks as if it could have been from ma Mopar, also like the rear deck lid paint, emblems etc. I do agree it sits too high in the back, and not too sure I would have the rump stripe on that body  but hey it's yours and it's mopar so have it your way. I love to see something different from time to time  :cheers:

nvrbdn

im really glad to see this thread opened back up. i absolutely love this car.

now, have you thought about mabey tucking the front bumper in a bit? shave an inch or two out of the middle and bring in the outsides? do you have a rusted one? see what a painted bumper would look like? :shruggy:

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

super77se

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 11, 2013, 01:18:28 PM
im really glad to see this thread opened back up. i absolutely love this car.

now, have you thought about mabey tucking the front bumper in a bit? shave an inch or two out of the middle and bring in the outsides? do you have a rusted one? see what a painted bumper would look like? :shruggy:

thank you and thanks to you guys for the good comments. i didnt mean to be so harsh in my previous replies but sometimes i can only take so much negativity in my own thread. if people dont like what they see, it only takes one click to make it disappear lol

if i had a way to make a fiberglass from bumper i would probably go that route. i havent had much time to experiment with it. ive been building this 440 for it and it should be going in soon. i have to work with the 727 for now . im hoping to gather up some pieces for a 4 speed in the future, my previous deal never materialized lol.

all the pics here are over a year old with the exception of the 440 pics , i had been playing around with different wheel and tire combinations incliding the 15 x 10 and 15 x 8 slots. yes , i totally agree that the back end of this thing had been way too high, but that was basically the last thing i was getting worked out after i decide on a tire/wheel combination i like. i have 4 different sets of tires and wheels for this thing and the ride height is going to depend on which set i go with. the last crappy pic is after i dropped the rear 3" and the front 2". the rear tires are 235/75/15 on a 15x7 steel wheel which are a really tall tires already, the fronts are 195/65/15 on a 15 x 6.5 steel wheel. the dog dishes and painted wheels look pretty good.